CONFERENCE LEAGUE SOUTH
OXFORD Cavaliers slipped to a 58-16 home defeat against Nottingham Outlaws, despite having led 16-6.
Cavaliers’ third straight loss saw them fall four points behind Nottingham and Valley Cougars, while leaders Sheffield Hallam Eagles march on with a 100 per cent record.
Hit by several call-ups for Oxford RL the following day, Cavaliers led 10-0 and then 16-6 after 20 minutes.
Andy Winfield bagged a try and two goals, while Owen Hunt and Jim Roden also crossed over.
However, James Goodwin led the way for Nottingham with a hat-trick of tries.
Joe Barton added two, while Jonathan Shields, Adrian Chaima, Chris Prime, Alex Whittle and Joseph Goulty also crossed over.
Shields also kicked nine conversions.
Latest Sport news
- Liam Sercombe – changing roles is part of Oxford United adapting to life at the higher level
- Michael Appleton: Oxford United must improve against League One's route one merchants
- Millwall result will determine Oxford United mood for next fortnight, says captain John Lundstram
- Oxford United boss issues warning over dangerous Millwall strikers
- Millwall manager Neil Harris full of respect for 'attack-minded' Oxford United
- Striker Wes Thomas’s calf injuries proving a mystery for Oxford United
- OxVox column: How I ended up building a network of exiles
- FOOTBALL: Justin Merritt backs Oxford City to deliver without suspended captain Scott Davies
- RUGBY UNION: Oxford Harlequins and Banbury ready to lock horns in South West 1 East
- FOOTBALL: Wantage Town eye good end to tough week ahead of FA Trophy tie at Weymouth