LONDON Welsh have bolstered their pack by signing Tonga prop forward Eddie Aholelei.
The 32-year-old joins from Super 15 side Melbourne Rebels and will link up with international teammate, and fellow prop, Taione Vea ahead of their return to the Aviva Premiership.
Aholelei scored a try on his international debut against Japan last year and has gone on to win six caps for Tonga, including a start against Wales at the Millennium Stadium in November.
He is the latest international to sign up for the Exiles, who play their home games at the Kassam Stadium, following the capture of New Zealand star Piri Weepu last Friday.
Latest Sport news
- Kemar Roofe on a mission to make Oxford United starting line-up
- Danny Hylton happy to wait on contract talks until Oxford United's future is decided
- Composure will be key for Oxford United in sprint for the finish, says Michael Appleton
- Gareth Ainsworth aiming for Wycombe to make more memories at Oxford United's expense
- Michael Appleton puts faith in Oxford United injured players to make right call
- Oxford United goalkeeper Benji Buchel ready for Wycombe bombardment
- POINT-TO-POINT: Victoria Pendleton returns to the saddle at Kingston Blount
- TENNIS: Oxfordshire youngsters reach national finals after dramatic shoot-out
- CRICKET: No knee-jerk reactions for Oxfordshire, says captain Luke Ryan
- CRICKET: Lloyd Sabin ready to lead Banbury in Division 1 of Home Counties Premier League