LONDON Welsh have bolstered their pack by signing Tonga prop forward Eddie Aholelei.
The 32-year-old joins from Super 15 side Melbourne Rebels and will link up with international teammate, and fellow prop, Taione Vea ahead of their return to the Aviva Premiership.
Aholelei scored a try on his international debut against Japan last year and has gone on to win six caps for Tonga, including a start against Wales at the Millennium Stadium in November.
He is the latest international to sign up for the Exiles, who play their home games at the Kassam Stadium, following the capture of New Zealand star Piri Weepu last Friday.
Latest Sport news
- TWICKENHAM: Oxfordshire head coach Craig Burrows eyeing glory after heartbreak as a player
- TWICKENHAM: Banbury duo Ed Phillips and Sam Stoop relishing chance to make history for Oxfordshire
- TWICKENHAM: A busy week on and off the pitch for finalists Oxfordshire
- Oxford United young gun Malachi Napa has career immortalised in a comic strip by West Ham
- CRICKET: Ian Caunce stars for Oxfordshire veterans
- MOTORSPORT: Dominic Paul in dominant form for SPY
- TWICKENHAM: Oxfordshire's history at the home of English rugby
- ANGLING: Kevin Jeacock takes victory
- TWICKENHAM: Matt Goode to play through the pain as Oxfordshire eye historic victory
- BOXING: Joe Gaul and Keenan Dallimore taste success