LONDON Welsh have bolstered their pack by signing Tonga prop forward Eddie Aholelei.
The 32-year-old joins from Super 15 side Melbourne Rebels and will link up with international teammate, and fellow prop, Taione Vea ahead of their return to the Aviva Premiership.
Aholelei scored a try on his international debut against Japan last year and has gone on to win six caps for Tonga, including a start against Wales at the Millennium Stadium in November.
He is the latest international to sign up for the Exiles, who play their home games at the Kassam Stadium, following the capture of New Zealand star Piri Weepu last Friday.
Latest Sport news
- Phil Edwards: Oxford United must beat Bury tonight or they can forget play-off push
- Michael Appleton urges Oxford United players to seize final chance against Bury to push Wembley claims
- RUGBY UNION: Chinnor’s National League 2 South title bid suffers huge blow but Henley Hawks win
- GOLF: Champions Frilford Heath are whitewashed
- HOCKEY: Mixed emotions as Abingdon Pilgrims bow out with a victory before disbanding
- RUGBY UNION: Defeats for Oxford Harlequins, Witney and Banbury, but Grove triumph
- RUGBY UNION: Gosford All Blacks, Bicester and Wallingford all triumph in Southern Counties North
- RUGBY UNION: Littlemore beat Wheatley as Oxford and Chipping Norton are also victorious
- RUGBY LEAGUE: Oxford are no match for Whitehaven in cup
- DARTS: Oxfordshire chasing promotion