LONDON Welsh have bolstered their pack by signing Tonga prop forward Eddie Aholelei.
The 32-year-old joins from Super 15 side Melbourne Rebels and will link up with international teammate, and fellow prop, Taione Vea ahead of their return to the Aviva Premiership.
Aholelei scored a try on his international debut against Japan last year and has gone on to win six caps for Tonga, including a start against Wales at the Millennium Stadium in November.
He is the latest international to sign up for the Exiles, who play their home games at the Kassam Stadium, following the capture of New Zealand star Piri Weepu last Friday.
Latest Sport news
- Liam Sercombe relishing seeing Oxford United teammates again – but not looking forward to pre-season tests
- HOCKEY: Dan Fox gets Olympic call
- AUNT SALLY: Lee Thompson and Mick Berry help steer Swan A to top of Premier Section
- CRICKET: Swashbuckling Nigel Hume hammers 46-ball century as unbeaten Faringdon march on
- CRICKET: Dan White's the man for Hook Norton but rain has final say against Great Horwood
- AUNT SALLY: Dave Dix so close to maximum in Abingdon & District League
- CRICKET: Hanney book Osberton Radiators Cup semi-final place
- AUNT SALLY: Abingdon United's Barry Parker becomes world champion
- Christian Ribeiro: Oxford United's displays against Exeter City convinced me to sign
- GOLF: Neil Rowlands withdraws halfway through Open qualifying