Dynamic all-rounder Pat Foster powered Horspath to a seven-wicket win over Finchampstead in Division 2 at the Recreation Ground.
The former Durham MCCU seamer took 4-64 as Finchampstead were bowled out for 235 after being put in to bat, before hitting an unbeaten 87 to steer Horspath home.
He was well supported in the victory charge by wicket-keeper Andy Wynd, who took five catches for the club for the first time, and then raced to 53 not out in the unbroken 73-run partnership which secured the win.
Foster’s runs came off 113 balls with 13 fours and one six, while Wynd faced 62 balls, hitting 13 fours and one six into the new canopied grandstand.
The former Bucks glovesman reached his half-century with a five, courtesy of four overthrows which beat two fielders following a quick single, which also saw Horspath clinch victory.
Foster had earlier shared a third-wicket stand of 122 with Jimmy Phillips, who made 50 off 93 balls with five fours and a six before being adjudged lbw to Berkshire off-spinner Harry Stephens.
Foster had led the way with the ball after Finchampstead had made a solid start.
He made the breakthrough with the score on 45, accepting a return chance from Max Stevenson, before having Stephens and Matthew Jones (44) caught behind.
Foster then took a sharp catch at second slip to dismiss Dan Marles off Mohson Rana, and Finchampstead were 122-5 at lunch after off-spinner Dean Conradie had captain Simon Bell caught at short leg by Kit Cutter.
William Rogers became Foster’s fourth victim.
But Andrew House, with an unbeaten 54 off 63 balls with eight fours, continued to defy Horspath before skipper Will Eason, in his second spell, picked up 4-3 off 12 balls to wrap up the innings in quickfire fashion to finish with 4-30.
The win keeps Horspath in second place, 18 points behind leaders Reading.
Horspath 25pts, Finchampstead 6 Latest Sport news
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's penalty shoot-out win at Southend United
- Tyler Roberts holds his nerve as Oxford United make it third time lucky with shoot-out win over Southend
- Southend United 1 (Wordsworth 86), Oxford United 1 (Maguire 81) (Oxford win 4-3 on pens)
- Oxford United's Emirates FA Cup replay not selected for live television coverage
- FOOTBALL: Eynsham SSC end three-month wait for win in Witney & District FA Premier Division
- FOOTBALL: Double for Charlie Lee as unbeaten Berinsfield maintain North Berks League Division 1 title tilt
- FOOTBALL: North Leigh lose 3-0 lead as Hereford grab draw in eventful game for ex-Didcot Town men
- FOOTBALL: Ismael Liverpool shines as Cropredy go fourth
- FOOTBALL: Liam Jones grabs hat-trick as Bodicote Sports reach Under 12 KO Cup last four
- FOOTBALL: Cumnor Minors beat Tower Hill on penalties in Under 15 KO Cup