ASTON Rowant fell to a crushing 131-run defeat at the hands of High Wycombe in Division 1.
After inserting their rivals on a green wicket with good conditions for swing bowling, Rowant were soon up against it as Gavin Baker (51) and George Russell (43) put on 98 for the opening wicket.
Wycombe capitilised on the platform laid by their top order, with James Benning blasting 69 off 66 deliveries, including six fours and three sixes, and then Alan Duncan weighing in with 71 off 77 balls.
Duncan’s knock contained eight fours and a six and helped the visitors reach 291.
Miles Hammond was the pick of the Rowant bowlers with 5-78 off 20 overs.
In reply, the hosts had no answer to the bowling of George Harper (6-40) as Rowant were bowled out for 160 in the 43rd over.
Wes Morrick (39), Josh Smith (34) and Leo Bethell (33) all got starts, but Rowant were well beaten.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United net glamour pre-season date with Premier League champions Leicester City
- Oxford United add Barnet trip to pre-season schedule
- FOOTBALL: Teams to play in tournament in memory of Derek Measor
- FOOTBALL: Charlbury Town Under 12s land national title with 2-0 victory at King Power Stadium
- CRICKET: Cherwell League round-up – Dominant Cumnor again thwarted by weather
- CRICKET: OCA League round-up – Atkins stars as Charlbury beat Stonesfield and the rain
- AUNT SALLY: Magnificent Andy Lewis goes close to joining the maximum men in Greene King Oxford & District League
- Oxford United will not blow salary structure for summer signings, says boss Michael Appleton
- Oxford United's Kemar Roofe is front-runner in PFA poll for League Two player of the season
- Callum O'Dowda hoping to live up to Republic of Ireland boss Martin O'Neill's high praise