ASTON Rowant fell to a crushing 131-run defeat at the hands of High Wycombe in Division 1.
After inserting their rivals on a green wicket with good conditions for swing bowling, Rowant were soon up against it as Gavin Baker (51) and George Russell (43) put on 98 for the opening wicket.
Wycombe capitilised on the platform laid by their top order, with James Benning blasting 69 off 66 deliveries, including six fours and three sixes, and then Alan Duncan weighing in with 71 off 77 balls.
Duncan’s knock contained eight fours and a six and helped the visitors reach 291.
Miles Hammond was the pick of the Rowant bowlers with 5-78 off 20 overs.
In reply, the hosts had no answer to the bowling of George Harper (6-40) as Rowant were bowled out for 160 in the 43rd over.
Wes Morrick (39), Josh Smith (34) and Leo Bethell (33) all got starts, but Rowant were well beaten.
Latest Sport news
- Curtis Nelson calls on Oxford United to learn from Port Vale draw
- Oxford United defender Joe Skarz happy with return from injury but frustrated with Port Vale draw
- There are some good signs, says Oxford United boss Michael Appleton after 2-2 draw at Port Vale
- FOOTBALL: Skipper Scott Davies is sent off as depleted Oxford City hold on for point
- Weekend results: October 22 & 23
- FOOTBALL: Banbury United's fine unbeaten run is ended at hands of Frome
- FOOTBALL: Last-gasp Jordan Graham goal earns Didcot Town a point at Hereford
- MOTORSPORT: Bradley Smith pleased with points haul at Phillip Island
- MOTORSPORT: Felipe Massa lands top ten spot for Williams at US Grand Prix
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's draw with Port Vale