ASTON Rowant fell to a crushing 131-run defeat at the hands of High Wycombe in Division 1.
After inserting their rivals on a green wicket with good conditions for swing bowling, Rowant were soon up against it as Gavin Baker (51) and George Russell (43) put on 98 for the opening wicket.
Wycombe capitilised on the platform laid by their top order, with James Benning blasting 69 off 66 deliveries, including six fours and three sixes, and then Alan Duncan weighing in with 71 off 77 balls.
Duncan’s knock contained eight fours and a six and helped the visitors reach 291.
Miles Hammond was the pick of the Rowant bowlers with 5-78 off 20 overs.
In reply, the hosts had no answer to the bowling of George Harper (6-40) as Rowant were bowled out for 160 in the 43rd over.
Wes Morrick (39), Josh Smith (34) and Leo Bethell (33) all got starts, but Rowant were well beaten.
Latest Sport news
- Patient Joe Rothwell hoping first Oxford United start left a lasting impression
- Chris Maguire surprised to become viral star with Oxford United goal celebration
- Michael Appleton urges Oxford United to believe they belong at Bramall Lane
- Chris Wilder: No place for Sheffield United to hide in "massive" game with Oxford United
- Oxford United confident new scoreboard will be installed shortly
- Benji Buchel call-up raises issue of Oxford United recalling Jack Stevens’ loan from Oxford City
- My Oxford United debut is a boost for all the club's youngsters - Miles Welch-Hayes
- OxVox column: Oxford United make a difference, thanks to generous supporters
- I moved to Oxford United to realise potential, says Ryan Ledson
- Michael Appleton happy with Oxford United options after Ryan Ledson's arrival