ASTON Rowant fell to a crushing 131-run defeat at the hands of High Wycombe in Division 1.
After inserting their rivals on a green wicket with good conditions for swing bowling, Rowant were soon up against it as Gavin Baker (51) and George Russell (43) put on 98 for the opening wicket.
Wycombe capitilised on the platform laid by their top order, with James Benning blasting 69 off 66 deliveries, including six fours and three sixes, and then Alan Duncan weighing in with 71 off 77 balls.
Duncan’s knock contained eight fours and a six and helped the visitors reach 291.
Miles Hammond was the pick of the Rowant bowlers with 5-78 off 20 overs.
In reply, the hosts had no answer to the bowling of George Harper (6-40) as Rowant were bowled out for 160 in the 43rd over.
Wes Morrick (39), Josh Smith (34) and Leo Bethell (33) all got starts, but Rowant were well beaten.
Latest Sport news
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's draw at Northampton Town
- Northampton Town 0, Oxford United 0
- UPDATES - Northampton Town v Oxford United
- Oxford United boss Michael Appleton jealous of Northampton Town pitch
- Chey Dunkley points to Oxford United's never-say-die spirit as key factor in battling on two fronts
- MICHAEL APPLETON COLUMN: Back on the road and ready for another Cobblers clash
- ICE HOCKEY: Simon Anderson eyes final as Oxford City Stars begin play-off bid
- TABLE TENNIS: Karl Bushell wins Hewitt Cup for 11th time
- BOXING: Berinsfield earn clean sweep in Devon
- MOTORSPORT: Oxford's Andy Wallace nominated for Motor Sport Hall of Fame