ASTON Rowant fell to a crushing 131-run defeat at the hands of High Wycombe in Division 1.
After inserting their rivals on a green wicket with good conditions for swing bowling, Rowant were soon up against it as Gavin Baker (51) and George Russell (43) put on 98 for the opening wicket.
Wycombe capitilised on the platform laid by their top order, with James Benning blasting 69 off 66 deliveries, including six fours and three sixes, and then Alan Duncan weighing in with 71 off 77 balls.
Duncan’s knock contained eight fours and a six and helped the visitors reach 291.
Miles Hammond was the pick of the Rowant bowlers with 5-78 off 20 overs.
In reply, the hosts had no answer to the bowling of George Harper (6-40) as Rowant were bowled out for 160 in the 43rd over.
Wes Morrick (39), Josh Smith (34) and Leo Bethell (33) all got starts, but Rowant were well beaten.
Latest Sport news
- Southend United 2 (Leonard 13, Wordsworth pen 74), Oxford United 1 (Hemmings 45+3)
- UPDATES - Southend United v Oxford United
- Michael Appleton happy to see tackles flying in during Oxford United training
- Liam Sercombe: Oxford United looking to take advantage of Southend United's fragile confidence
- FOOTBALL: North Leigh manager John Brough turns down rival offer
- HOCKEY: Oxford Hawks Ladies beaten after missing numerous chances
- RUGBY UNION: Super Danny Barnes is hat-trick hero as Chinnor run riot in 12-try show
- DARTS: Oxfordshire make home start in County Championship
- GOLF: Oxford City narrow the gap on leaders Frilford Heath
- RUGBY UNION: Battling Henley Hawks dig deep to see off Exmouth