Oxfordshire Under 17s posted back-to-back wins against Shropshire in the ECB Championship and ECB Cup to maintain their challenge in both competitions.
They beat Shropshire on first innings at Radley College in the championship match on Tuesday and Wednesday, before following that up with a five-wicket win over the same opponents at Banbury on Thursday.
Losing the toss at Radley, Oxfordshire produced an outstanding opening day display to dismiss their visitors for 213.
Leo Bethell was the pick of the Oxon bowlers, returning county-best figures of 6-31 from 14.1 overs.
Opener Tom Condon led the way for Oxfordshire with 94, while there were also contributions from Callum Russell (45no), Alex Davies (39), James Fitzjohn (38) and Hendrick Robyns (30).
After passing the visitors’ score with only four down, they threw wickets away and failed to record maximum batting points, being out for 295.
When Shropshire batted again in their second inning they raced to 131-1 in 24 overs.
At Banbury, the Oxon bowlers held sway as Shropshire were shot out for 151.
This time, it was Hendrick Robyns who did the damage, taking 5-26 from 9.1 overs, while newcomer Matthew Karslake returned 3-13 from seven overs.
Condon (38) and Jeremy Kirby (33no) eased Oxon eased to 155-5.
In a friendly at home to Wiltshire on Sunday, Oxon Under 17s slipped to a five wicket defeat against Wiltshire at Great & Little Tew.
Oxon were all out for 140, only Graham Beer (41) really getting going.
Wiltshire then eased home at 144-5, with more than 11 overs to spare.
A fine knock of 80 from captain Oliver Price helped Oxfordshire Under 13s to a four-wicket victory over Worcestershire at Himley.
The hosts rattled up 184-4 from their 40 overs. Price hit ten fours and a six in his innings to lead Oxon to 188-6.
Luke Charlesworth scored his maiden county century to help Oxfordshire Under 11s to a 115-run victory over Shropshire at Faringdon.
Charlesworth (112) and Freddie Smith (88) shared a record stand of 194 for the first wicket as Oxfordshire amassed 228-4 from their 40 overs.
The total proved way beyond Shropshire, who fell to 113 all out, Henry Pretorius taking 4-10.
Oxfordshire girls were declared winners after rain brought an early end to their ECB Under 15 Championship match against Worcestershire at Tiddington.
Oxon had restricted the visitors to 86-9. The hosts were were cruising at 44-0 after 16 overs when rain ended play, but they were deemed winners on run rate.
Oxfordshire Under 13 girls saw off Notts by 21 runs in the Under 13 Performance League Group 2.
Oxon cruised to 78-1, but the departure of Charlotte Hayes for 37 saw them stumble to 128-8, opener Georgia Brown carrying her bat for 45 not out.
Mara Smith took 5-17 as Notts were bowled out for 107.
Latest Sport news
- Michael Appleton happy to see tackles flying in during Oxford United training
- Liam Sercombe: Oxford United looking to take advantage of Southend United's fragile confidence
- FOOTBALL: North Leigh manager John Brough turns down rival offer
- HOCKEY: Oxford Hawks Ladies beaten after missing numerous chances
- RUGBY UNION: Super Danny Barnes is hat-trick hero as Chinnor run riot in 12-try show
- DARTS: Oxfordshire make home start in County Championship
- GOLF: Oxford City narrow the gap on leaders Frilford Heath
- RUGBY UNION: Battling Henley Hawks dig deep to see off Exmouth
- RUGBY UNION: Witney’s winning start in South West 1 East comes to abrupt end
- We will always have a go, says Oxford United boss Michael Appleton