A magnificent unbeaten 164 from opener Chloe AE Hill saw Banbury to an imposing total of 275 from 45 overs at home to Birmingham side Four Oaks Saints in Division 2 of the ECB Women’s Midlands League.
Hill’s innings included 31 fours, and the visitors could do little to stem the flow of runs In reply, the visitors were dismissed in the penultimate over for 126, Harriette Whinmill doing the damage with a spell of 5-13 off six overs.
Ellie Porter was in deadly form with the ball as hosts Oxford beat bottom club Moddershall by ten wickets to stay top of the table.
Porter took 5-29 from five overs as the Staffordshire visitors were dismissed for 96 inside 32 overs.
Charlbury won at Astwood Bank in a match decided by the Duckworth/Lewis method after rain.
The Worcestershire hosts made 177 from 45 overs, a target that was revised to 111 of 28 overs after a hailstorm An opening stand of 68 between Ellie Norton and Catie Burton put Charlbury in the driving seat and they got home with five overs to spare.
Division 2 results
Moddershall 96 (H Burrows 39no, E Porter 5-29) Oxford 98-0 (E Goode 35no, E Noble 25no).
Astwood Bank 177 (V Strode 4-21, E Norton 3-21), Charlbury 114-5 (E. Norton 28, C, Burton 21, A Florey 22, C Burton 21). Charlbury won by 5 wkts (D/L method).
Banbury 275 -5 (CAE Hill 164no), Four Oaks Saints 126 (H. Whinmill 5-13).
Latest Sport news
- Michael Appleton: Oxford United off-field wranglings 'not a massive issue as long as I know what's going on'
- Rochdale's winning run at home should be an incentive for Oxford United, says Curtis Nelson
- FOOTBALL: Josh Ashby loan extension from Oxford United is ‘like a new signing’, says Oxford City boss Mark Jones
- RUGBY UNION: Matt Williams urges Chinnor to build momentum in National League 2 South
- FOOTBALL: Kidlington manager Julian McCalmon backs Anaclet Odhiambo to shrug off penalty miss
- TENNIS: Chloe Elliott and Diana Mascenikova land LTA Winter County tour titles
- BADMINTON: Jamie Cackett wins bronze at Under 19 Warwick tournament
- 900 remaining tickets for Oxford United's FA Cup clash against Newcastle United go on general sale
- Christian Ribeiro set for Oxford United return in friendly with Vancouver Whitecaps
- Oxford United 'out-punched' by another League One side for loan target