A magnificent unbeaten 164 from opener Chloe AE Hill saw Banbury to an imposing total of 275 from 45 overs at home to Birmingham side Four Oaks Saints in Division 2 of the ECB Women’s Midlands League.
Hill’s innings included 31 fours, and the visitors could do little to stem the flow of runs In reply, the visitors were dismissed in the penultimate over for 126, Harriette Whinmill doing the damage with a spell of 5-13 off six overs.
Ellie Porter was in deadly form with the ball as hosts Oxford beat bottom club Moddershall by ten wickets to stay top of the table.
Porter took 5-29 from five overs as the Staffordshire visitors were dismissed for 96 inside 32 overs.
Charlbury won at Astwood Bank in a match decided by the Duckworth/Lewis method after rain.
The Worcestershire hosts made 177 from 45 overs, a target that was revised to 111 of 28 overs after a hailstorm An opening stand of 68 between Ellie Norton and Catie Burton put Charlbury in the driving seat and they got home with five overs to spare.
Division 2 results
Moddershall 96 (H Burrows 39no, E Porter 5-29) Oxford 98-0 (E Goode 35no, E Noble 25no).
Astwood Bank 177 (V Strode 4-21, E Norton 3-21), Charlbury 114-5 (E. Norton 28, C, Burton 21, A Florey 22, C Burton 21). Charlbury won by 5 wkts (D/L method).
Banbury 275 -5 (CAE Hill 164no), Four Oaks Saints 126 (H. Whinmill 5-13).
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United will not blow salary structure for summer signings, says boss Michael Appleton
- DARTS: Pairs whitewash seals it for Challow British Legion
- Johnny Mullins the high-profile departure as Oxford United announce retained list
- Callum O'Dowda praised by Martin O'Neill after first Ireland training session
- CRICKET: Sabin shines as Banbury beat weather to stay top
- CRICKET: Oxfordshire suffer fourth successive defeat in Trophy
- GOLF: Pepperell secures top-ten finish in Ireland with superb 66
- MOTORSPORT: Bradley Smith happy with improved performance in Italy
- WEEKEND RESULTS May 21-22
- Callum O'Dowda hoping to make mark with Republic of Ireland squad