A magnificent unbeaten 164 from opener Chloe AE Hill saw Banbury to an imposing total of 275 from 45 overs at home to Birmingham side Four Oaks Saints in Division 2 of the ECB Women’s Midlands League.
Hill’s innings included 31 fours, and the visitors could do little to stem the flow of runs In reply, the visitors were dismissed in the penultimate over for 126, Harriette Whinmill doing the damage with a spell of 5-13 off six overs.
Ellie Porter was in deadly form with the ball as hosts Oxford beat bottom club Moddershall by ten wickets to stay top of the table.
Porter took 5-29 from five overs as the Staffordshire visitors were dismissed for 96 inside 32 overs.
Charlbury won at Astwood Bank in a match decided by the Duckworth/Lewis method after rain.
The Worcestershire hosts made 177 from 45 overs, a target that was revised to 111 of 28 overs after a hailstorm An opening stand of 68 between Ellie Norton and Catie Burton put Charlbury in the driving seat and they got home with five overs to spare.
Division 2 results
Moddershall 96 (H Burrows 39no, E Porter 5-29) Oxford 98-0 (E Goode 35no, E Noble 25no).
Astwood Bank 177 (V Strode 4-21, E Norton 3-21), Charlbury 114-5 (E. Norton 28, C, Burton 21, A Florey 22, C Burton 21). Charlbury won by 5 wkts (D/L method).
Banbury 275 -5 (CAE Hill 164no), Four Oaks Saints 126 (H. Whinmill 5-13).
Latest Sport news
- James Roberts nets in Oxford United's pre-season draw at Bath
- Michael Appleton hopeful of sealing deals for attacking players next week
- ROWING: Constantine Louloudis eyes chance to extend GB's golden record at Rio Olympics
- FOOTBALL: Les Taylor backs Oxford United Women to learn from errors ahead of Everton clash
- BOXING: Bicester star Adi Burden impresses on professional debut with knockout victory
- CRICKET: Ian Caunce's century inspires Oxfordshire Over 60s to victory
- MOTORSPORT: Williams driver Valtteri Bottas looking forward to Finnish invasion at Hungarian Grand Prix
- CRICKET: Oxfordshire Under 14s edged out in thriller
- SWIMMING: City of Oxford clean up at three-day gala
- ICE SKATING: Oxford skaters waltz off with medals at national championships