A magnificent unbeaten 164 from opener Chloe AE Hill saw Banbury to an imposing total of 275 from 45 overs at home to Birmingham side Four Oaks Saints in Division 2 of the ECB Women’s Midlands League.
Hill’s innings included 31 fours, and the visitors could do little to stem the flow of runs In reply, the visitors were dismissed in the penultimate over for 126, Harriette Whinmill doing the damage with a spell of 5-13 off six overs.
Ellie Porter was in deadly form with the ball as hosts Oxford beat bottom club Moddershall by ten wickets to stay top of the table.
Porter took 5-29 from five overs as the Staffordshire visitors were dismissed for 96 inside 32 overs.
Charlbury won at Astwood Bank in a match decided by the Duckworth/Lewis method after rain.
The Worcestershire hosts made 177 from 45 overs, a target that was revised to 111 of 28 overs after a hailstorm An opening stand of 68 between Ellie Norton and Catie Burton put Charlbury in the driving seat and they got home with five overs to spare.
Division 2 results
Moddershall 96 (H Burrows 39no, E Porter 5-29) Oxford 98-0 (E Goode 35no, E Noble 25no).
Astwood Bank 177 (V Strode 4-21, E Norton 3-21), Charlbury 114-5 (E. Norton 28, C, Burton 21, A Florey 22, C Burton 21). Charlbury won by 5 wkts (D/L method).
Banbury 275 -5 (CAE Hill 164no), Four Oaks Saints 126 (H. Whinmill 5-13).
Latest Sport news
- Michael Appleton delighted Oxford United keep hold of their promotion destiny
- Carlisle United 0, Oxford United 2 (Maguire pen 4, Sercombe 73)
- Who was Oxford United's man of the match at Carlisle?
- Updates - Carlisle United v Oxford United
- MICHAEL APPLETON COLUMN: We are determined to send Oxford United fans home happy
- Chris Maguire relishing Oxford United's big push
- John Lundstram pushing for Oxford United recall
- SQUASH: Bicester secure Oxfordshire title
- MOTORSPORT: Nathan Harrison off to flying start
- ANGLING: Jack pips grandad Brian for Littlemore victory