Oxfordshire went down to Worcestershire by two wickets in a low-scoring encounter at Hagley Hall on Wednesday.
Oxon need to beat Shropshire next week to make sure of qualifying for the knock-out stages.
After choosing to bat first, the visitors slumped to 83-9 before a last-wicket stand of 61 between Neil Megson and Ian Curtis helped them to 144-9, Megson finishing with 50 not out.
That total looked enough when Worcestershire collapsed to 85-7 against Curtis and Darryl Woods.
However, Gary Mills hit an unbeaten 44 to see them home by two wickets with an over to spare.
Latest Sport news
- Michael Appleton to hold 'honest conversations' with Oxford United's four goalkeepers
- Oxford United to cover fewer miles in League One next season
- FOOTBALL: New manager John Brough had 'long admired' North Leigh
- FOOTBALL: Manager Enrique Guillen salutes Oxford City Lions after FA Futsal Cup triumph
- FOOTBALL: Banbury United captain Andy Gunn takes top honour at awards night
- FOOTBALL: April England fires Oxford City to Southern Region Women's League Cup title
- FOOTBALL: Clanfield 85 Youth crowned champions
- GOLF: Frilford go top despite falling to reigning champions Burford
- DARTS: Stephen Wilkes's classy finish spurs Peachcroft
- Oxford United's Kemar Roofe and Liam Sercombe named in League Two team of the year