Oxfordshire went down to Worcestershire by two wickets in a low-scoring encounter at Hagley Hall on Wednesday.
Oxon need to beat Shropshire next week to make sure of qualifying for the knock-out stages.
After choosing to bat first, the visitors slumped to 83-9 before a last-wicket stand of 61 between Neil Megson and Ian Curtis helped them to 144-9, Megson finishing with 50 not out.
That total looked enough when Worcestershire collapsed to 85-7 against Curtis and Darryl Woods.
However, Gary Mills hit an unbeaten 44 to see them home by two wickets with an over to spare.
Latest Sport news
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's win at Millwall
- Millwall 0, Oxford United 3 (McAleny 6 & 8, Ruffels 71)
- UPDATES - Millwall v Oxford United
- Joe Rothwell hoping to silence Millwall fans in Oxford United's last away match of season
- Oxford United must be ready to roll up sleeves and battle for everything at Millwall, says boss Michael Appleton
- SHOW JUMPING: Bicester-based girls shine in leading pony show
- MICHAEL APPLETON COLUMN: We've enjoyed some great moments on our away days this season
- MOTORSPORT: Oxford's Matt Chapman delighted to score points on his debut
- MOTORSPORT: KTM are on learning curve in United States admits Oxfordshire's Bradley Smith
- BILLIARDS: Lewis Moss & Connor Jones win pairs final