Oxfordshire went down to Worcestershire by two wickets in a low-scoring encounter at Hagley Hall on Wednesday.
Oxon need to beat Shropshire next week to make sure of qualifying for the knock-out stages.
After choosing to bat first, the visitors slumped to 83-9 before a last-wicket stand of 61 between Neil Megson and Ian Curtis helped them to 144-9, Megson finishing with 50 not out.
That total looked enough when Worcestershire collapsed to 85-7 against Curtis and Darryl Woods.
However, Gary Mills hit an unbeaten 44 to see them home by two wickets with an over to spare.
Latest Sport news
- We will always have a go, says Oxford United boss Michael Appleton
- Oxford United fans' chat
- Chris Maguire hails Oxford United resilience after hitting back for draw
- Kane Hemmings hopes impact from bench can lead to Oxford United start
- Stars bring in Wilson after Ealey-Newmans depart
- ICE HOCKEY: Player diary - Joe Edwards thanks Oxford City Stars' fans
- FOOTBALL Oxford City lose their way on nightmare day as they slip into the bottom two
- WEEKEND RESULTS September 24 & 25
- FOOTBALL: Banbury United hit three-goal blitz to land another win
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's draw with Charlton Athletic