In an exciting finish, Shipton-under-Wychwood beat Horley by seven runs to reach the final of the Ber-nard Tollett Oxfordshire Cup.
Needing 22 off the last over to pass hosts Shipton’s 138-6, Horley hit two sixes off the first four balls, but fell short on 131-6.
In the final at Witney Mills on Sunday, September 14, Shipton will play the win-ners of next Tuesday’s delayed semi between Horspath and Oxford.
BERNARD TOLLETT OXON CUP
Semi-final Shipton-u-Wychwood 138-6 (20 ovs, S Hole 33, J Hart 3-13), Horley 131-6 (20 ovs, J Hunt 3-29).
WILF BENNETT CUP
Semi-finals Tiddington 149-3 (19 ovs, T Rowley 55, W Cooper 39), Witney Mills 103-2 (10.3 ovs, M Evans 54, P Claridge 35no), Wit-ney won on D/L method.
Thame 119-5 (20 ovs), Oxford Downs 121-3 (W Watts 50no, J Cantrell 43)
Final at Witney Mills, September 14
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United's Kemar Roofe and Liam Sercombe named in League Two team of the year
- Oxford United await decisions from Hylton and Maguire
- FOOTBALL: John Brough appointed new manager at North Leigh
- MOTOR RACING: Renault's Jolyon Palmer crashes out of Monaco Grand Prix
- WEEKEND RESULTS: May 28-29
- CRICKET: Horspath stretch unbeaten start to four games after Shipton-under-Wychwood collapse
- CRICKET: Dain Moreton's century inspires Great & Little Tew to victory over Harefield
- Callum O'Dowda's slim Euro 2016 hopes look over after watching Ireland draw
- GOLF: Poor start sees Eddie Pepperell miss Wentworth cut
- YOUTH CRICKET: Ben Charlesworth takes centre stage with two impressive knocks