In an exciting finish, Shipton-under-Wychwood beat Horley by seven runs to reach the final of the Ber-nard Tollett Oxfordshire Cup.
Needing 22 off the last over to pass hosts Shipton’s 138-6, Horley hit two sixes off the first four balls, but fell short on 131-6.
In the final at Witney Mills on Sunday, September 14, Shipton will play the win-ners of next Tuesday’s delayed semi between Horspath and Oxford.
BERNARD TOLLETT OXON CUP
Semi-final Shipton-u-Wychwood 138-6 (20 ovs, S Hole 33, J Hart 3-13), Horley 131-6 (20 ovs, J Hunt 3-29).
WILF BENNETT CUP
Semi-finals Tiddington 149-3 (19 ovs, T Rowley 55, W Cooper 39), Witney Mills 103-2 (10.3 ovs, M Evans 54, P Claridge 35no), Wit-ney won on D/L method.
Thame 119-5 (20 ovs), Oxford Downs 121-3 (W Watts 50no, J Cantrell 43)
Final at Witney Mills, September 14
Latest Sport news
- WATCH: Oxford United players undergo gruelling tests on first day of pre-season
- Fixture changes for Oxford United include derby at Swindon Town
- Oxford United will start pre-season training at Bisham Abbey while work is done at Roman Way
- Liam Sercombe relishing seeing Oxford United teammates again – but not looking forward to pre-season tests
- CRICKET: Ben Knowler's late spell helps send Aston Rowant top of Cherwell League Division 1
- FOOTBALL: Mick Conmy wins top honour at Oxfordshire FA awards
- HOCKEY: Dan Fox gets Olympic call
- AUNT SALLY: Lee Thompson and Mick Berry help steer Swan A to top of Premier Section
- CRICKET: Swashbuckling Nigel Hume hammers 46-ball century as unbeaten Faringdon march on
- AUNT SALLY: Dave Dix so close to maximum in Abingdon & District League