In an exciting finish, Shipton-under-Wychwood beat Horley by seven runs to reach the final of the Ber-nard Tollett Oxfordshire Cup.
Needing 22 off the last over to pass hosts Shipton’s 138-6, Horley hit two sixes off the first four balls, but fell short on 131-6.
In the final at Witney Mills on Sunday, September 14, Shipton will play the win-ners of next Tuesday’s delayed semi between Horspath and Oxford.
BERNARD TOLLETT OXON CUP
Semi-final Shipton-u-Wychwood 138-6 (20 ovs, S Hole 33, J Hart 3-13), Horley 131-6 (20 ovs, J Hunt 3-29).
WILF BENNETT CUP
Semi-finals Tiddington 149-3 (19 ovs, T Rowley 55, W Cooper 39), Witney Mills 103-2 (10.3 ovs, M Evans 54, P Claridge 35no), Wit-ney won on D/L method.
Thame 119-5 (20 ovs), Oxford Downs 121-3 (W Watts 50no, J Cantrell 43)
Final at Witney Mills, September 14
Latest Sport news
- DARTS: Democrats find it hard in ODDA top-flight opener
- Oxford United and Oxford City excited over new partnership at Court Place Farm
- CRICKET: Shipton fall short in run chase
- CRICKET: Banbury tie in thriller, Horspath beat champions and Great Tew suffer in the rain
- WEEKEND RESULTS: May 20-21
- CRICKET: Jack Brooks celebrates maiden first-class century
- GOLF:Eddie Pepperell's in the money in Sicily
- ATHLETICS: Hannah England wins in Loughborough
- RUGBY UNION: Oxfordshire 'over the moon' after reaching third Twickenham final
- ICE HOCKEY: Devastated Oxford City Stars forced to quit new league