In an exciting finish, Shipton-under-Wychwood beat Horley by seven runs to reach the final of the Ber-nard Tollett Oxfordshire Cup.
Needing 22 off the last over to pass hosts Shipton’s 138-6, Horley hit two sixes off the first four balls, but fell short on 131-6.
In the final at Witney Mills on Sunday, September 14, Shipton will play the win-ners of next Tuesday’s delayed semi between Horspath and Oxford.
BERNARD TOLLETT OXON CUP
Semi-final Shipton-u-Wychwood 138-6 (20 ovs, S Hole 33, J Hart 3-13), Horley 131-6 (20 ovs, J Hunt 3-29).
WILF BENNETT CUP
Semi-finals Tiddington 149-3 (19 ovs, T Rowley 55, W Cooper 39), Witney Mills 103-2 (10.3 ovs, M Evans 54, P Claridge 35no), Wit-ney won on D/L method.
Thame 119-5 (20 ovs), Oxford Downs 121-3 (W Watts 50no, J Cantrell 43)
Final at Witney Mills, September 14
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United boss Michael Appleton not ruling out a Ryan Ledson enquiry to Everton
- Andy Triggs Hodge bows out on a high to concentrate on family
- AMERICAN FOOTBALL: Oxford Saints smash Cornish Sharks to land play-off semi-final slot
- CRICKET: Sussex paceman Tymal Mills given green light to play for Oxfordshire
- ATHLETICS: Oxford City's Jade O'Dowda sets sights on Tokyo 2020 Olympics after defending national heptathlon title
- CRICKET: Oxfordshire captain Luke Ryan reflects on testing minor counties campaign
- CRICKET: Oxfordshire paceman Chad Keegan retires
- RACING: Hughie Morrison delighted after Nearly Caught triumphs in France
- BAR BILLIARDS: Bletchingdon beat Gladiators for first win of season
- BOWLS: Alan Ley leads Oxfordshire to tight win over Buckinghamshire