In an exciting finish, Shipton-under-Wychwood beat Horley by seven runs to reach the final of the Ber-nard Tollett Oxfordshire Cup.
Needing 22 off the last over to pass hosts Shipton’s 138-6, Horley hit two sixes off the first four balls, but fell short on 131-6.
In the final at Witney Mills on Sunday, September 14, Shipton will play the win-ners of next Tuesday’s delayed semi between Horspath and Oxford.
BERNARD TOLLETT OXON CUP
Semi-final Shipton-u-Wychwood 138-6 (20 ovs, S Hole 33, J Hart 3-13), Horley 131-6 (20 ovs, J Hunt 3-29).
WILF BENNETT CUP
Semi-finals Tiddington 149-3 (19 ovs, T Rowley 55, W Cooper 39), Witney Mills 103-2 (10.3 ovs, M Evans 54, P Claridge 35no), Wit-ney won on D/L method.
Thame 119-5 (20 ovs), Oxford Downs 121-3 (W Watts 50no, J Cantrell 43)
Final at Witney Mills, September 14
Latest Sport news
- Christian Ribeiro upbeat on painful path to long-awaited Oxford United debut
- RUGBY UNION: Sorry Bulls trampled by high-fliers
- BAR BILLIARDS: Vikings A and B teams go through to next round
- ICE HOCKEY: Hallam Wilson's hat-trick seals double raid for the high-flying Oxford City Stars
- MOTORSPORT: Banbury's Darren Turner is crowned champion in Le Mans Series GTE Championship
- ATHLETICS: Brilliant Paul Fernandez proves class above to win Abingdon Marathon
- Rob Hall sets up two goals on Oxford United return
- UPDATE: New ticket details for Oxford United's FA Cup tie at Merstham announced
- Ex-Oxford United striker Jefferson Louis loving return to area with Oxford City – 32 transfers later
- FOOTBALL: Sam Barder is Didcot’s match-winner while Banbury and Kidlington earn draws and Wantage are thrashed