Oxfordshire went down to Worcestershire by two wickets in a low-scoring ECB 50+ County Championship encounter at Hagley Hall on Wednesday.
Oxon now need to beat Shropshire next week to make sure of qualifying for the knock-out stages.
After choosing to bat first, the visitors slumped to 83-9 before a last-wicket stand of 61 between Neil Megson and Ian Curtis helped them to 144-9, Megson finishing with 50 not out.
That total looked enough when Worcestershire collapsed to 85-7 against Curtis and Darryl Woods.
However, Gary Mills hit an unbeaten 44 to see them home by two wickets with an over to spare.
Latest Sport news
- Oxon Senior Cup semi-final between Oxford United and Banbury United is postponed
- Michael Appleton frustrated as errors undermine Oxford United display
- Darryl Eales expects Oxford United to have increased playing budget next season
- Wallingford Town pipped in semi-final
- FOOTBALL: Unbeaten FC Hollybush capture Division 1 title with four games in hand
- YOUTH FOOTBALLChima Iwuchukwu's penalty steers Kennington to cup final glory in Oxford Mail Youth League
- FOOTBALL: Oxford City are beaten but North Leigh triumph
- Oxford United 2 (Hemmings 42, Maguire 75), Bolton Wanderers 4 (Morais 4, Beevers 22, Dunkley og 60, Vela 90+4)
- UPDATES - Oxford United v Bolton Wanderers
- Rob Hall's fired up to deliver for Oxford United against former club Bolton Wanderers