One of the largest junior events in the country is taking place at Virgin Active Oxford, with more than 500 entrants competing in the Penny & Sinclair tournament.
Oxfordshire’s Bobby Hornby (North Oxford) came eighth out of 60 in the under nine event, while Laila Zugic (VA) won the under 14 girls consolation competition.
Connor Ferguson (White Horse) bowed out in the last 16 of the under 11 event, losing 6-2, 7-5 against eighth seed, Oliver Okwonko.
Oxford Sports Ladies’ 3-1 win over Banbury puts them top of Division 1 of the OLTA Wilson Summer League.
Portcullis lead Division 2 after a 3-1 win over Bicester.
Latest Sport news
- Roger James bags brace as North Leigh beat youthful Oxford United to lift Oxfordshire Senior Cup
- HORSE RACING: Mark Bradstock thrilled with Coneygree's return to action
- FOOTBALL: Arran Gray’s hat-trick clinches North Berks League Division 4 title for Blewbury
- FOOTBALL: Superlative Kidlington make it perfect season in Oxford Mail Under 12 Girls League
- FOOTBALL: Chequers win dramatic Oxford City FA Premier Cup final on penalties
- FOOTBALL: Dan Bott’s brace helps Chipping Norton to finish fourth in Witney & District FA Premier Division
- FOOTBALL: Oxford City’s ladies ease to cup final win
- FOOTBALL: Wayne Blossom shines with double as KEA secure Oxfordshire Junior Shield
- YOUTH FOOTBALL: George Corti’s four-timer is in vain for Botley Boys
- Roger James double sees North Leigh beat Oxford United to lift Oxon Senior Cup