One of the largest junior events in the country is taking place at Virgin Active Oxford, with more than 500 entrants competing in the Penny & Sinclair tournament.
Oxfordshire’s Bobby Hornby (North Oxford) came eighth out of 60 in the under nine event, while Laila Zugic (VA) won the under 14 girls consolation competition.
Connor Ferguson (White Horse) bowed out in the last 16 of the under 11 event, losing 6-2, 7-5 against eighth seed, Oliver Okwonko.
Oxford Sports Ladies’ 3-1 win over Banbury puts them top of Division 1 of the OLTA Wilson Summer League.
Portcullis lead Division 2 after a 3-1 win over Bicester.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United season ticket sales near 4,000 target
- Joe Skarz and Ryan Taylor thrilled to return injury-free for Oxford United's pre-season
- EFL Trophy controversy rumbles on with under 23 teams and shoot-outs for draws
- BOWLS: Carterton suffer blow to Oxfordshire League Division 1 title hopes
- TENNIS: Oxfordshire teenager Alexis Canter handed junior Wimbledon wildcard
- ATHLETICS: Jade O'Dowda impresses to go top of under 17 heptathlon rankings
- BOWLS: Oxfordshire weather storm to beat Surrey in Middleton Cup
- RUBGY UNION: Theo Brophy-Clews relishing steep learning curve
- ATHLETICS: Paul Fernandez wins Thame 10k
- Fixture changes for Oxford United include derby at Swindon Town