One of the largest junior events in the country is taking place at Virgin Active Oxford, with more than 500 entrants competing in the Penny & Sinclair tournament.
Oxfordshire’s Bobby Hornby (North Oxford) came eighth out of 60 in the under nine event, while Laila Zugic (VA) won the under 14 girls consolation competition.
Connor Ferguson (White Horse) bowed out in the last 16 of the under 11 event, losing 6-2, 7-5 against eighth seed, Oliver Okwonko.
Oxford Sports Ladies’ 3-1 win over Banbury puts them top of Division 1 of the OLTA Wilson Summer League.
Portcullis lead Division 2 after a 3-1 win over Bicester.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United will not blow salary structure for summer signings, says boss Michael Appleton
- Oxford United's Kemar Roofe is front-runner in PFA poll for League Two player of the season
- Callum O'Dowda hoping to live up to Republic of Ireland boss Martin O'Neill's high praise
- FOOTBALL: Leaving North Leigh was not a decision I took lightly - manager Mark Gee
- WOMEN'S FOOTBALL: Captain Kat Nutman leads by example as Oxford United beat Watford
- RUGBY LEAGUE: Oxford RL suffer ninth-straight loss in Doncaster defeat
- FOOTBALL: Lewis Gabbidon lands double honour at Kidlington presentation night
- GOLF: Superb Adam Wootton wins CK Group PGA Kent Open Championship
- DARTS: Pairs whitewash seals it for Challow British Legion
- Johnny Mullins the high-profile departure as Oxford United announce retained list