A WORLD Cup-winning All Black could be playing at the Kassam Stadium this season after reports in New Zealand linked Piri Weepu with a move to London Welsh.
The 30-year-old, who started at scrum half in the 2011 final victory over France, has played 71 times for his country.
Weepu will be leaving the Auckland-based Blues when their season finishes tomorrow and Welsh, who won promotion back to the Aviva Premiership via the Championship play-offs last month, is believed to be his destination.
Blues coach John Kirwan told the New Zealand Herald: "He's been a great servant of the game.
"It's great for him to go overseas and get a new experience.
"He's helped us win a World Cup. He's been a great All Black.
"It's a good natural progression that he rolls on."
Latest Sport news
- Christian Ribeiro upbeat on painful path to long-awaited Oxford United debut
- RUGBY UNION: Sorry Bulls trampled by high-fliers
- BAR BILLIARDS: Vikings A and B teams go through to next round
- ICE HOCKEY: Hallam Wilson's hat-trick seals double raid for the high-flying Oxford City Stars
- MOTORSPORT: Banbury's Darren Turner is crowned champion in Le Mans Series GTE Championship
- ATHLETICS: Brilliant Paul Fernandez proves class above to win Abingdon Marathon
- Rob Hall sets up two goals on Oxford United return
- UPDATE: New ticket details for Oxford United's FA Cup tie at Merstham announced
- Ex-Oxford United striker Jefferson Louis loving return to area with Oxford City – 32 transfers later
- FOOTBALL: Sam Barder is Didcot’s match-winner while Banbury and Kidlington earn draws and Wantage are thrashed