A WORLD Cup-winning All Black could be playing at the Kassam Stadium this season after reports in New Zealand linked Piri Weepu with a move to London Welsh.
The 30-year-old, who started at scrum half in the 2011 final victory over France, has played 71 times for his country.
Weepu will be leaving the Auckland-based Blues when their season finishes tomorrow and Welsh, who won promotion back to the Aviva Premiership via the Championship play-offs last month, is believed to be his destination.
Blues coach John Kirwan told the New Zealand Herald: "He's been a great servant of the game.
"It's great for him to go overseas and get a new experience.
"He's helped us win a World Cup. He's been a great All Black.
"It's a good natural progression that he rolls on."
Latest Sport news
- Ryan Ledson nominated for EFL Young Player of the Season award
- Trio are injury doubts for Oxford United's clash with Bury tomorrow
- I just rely on my instinct, says Oxford United keeper Simon Eastwood after penalty save
- Liam Sercombe frustrated at Oxford United's failure to get a win
- It’s two points dropped, says Oxford United boss Michael Appleton
- HORSE RACING: Snow Leopardess sparkles for Charlie Longsdon
- FOOTBALL: Oxford City defeated by classy late strike
- RESULTS: Weekend March 25-26
- FOOTBALL: Banbury United's play-off bid hit by defeat at Stratford
- FOOTBALL: North Leigh make it two wins in a row, Didcot beaten by late freak goal and Wantage delay relegation with draw