A WORLD Cup-winning All Black could be playing at the Kassam Stadium this season after reports in New Zealand linked Piri Weepu with a move to London Welsh.
The 30-year-old, who started at scrum half in the 2011 final victory over France, has played 71 times for his country.
Weepu will be leaving the Auckland-based Blues when their season finishes tomorrow and Welsh, who won promotion back to the Aviva Premiership via the Championship play-offs last month, is believed to be his destination.
Blues coach John Kirwan told the New Zealand Herald: "He's been a great servant of the game.
"It's great for him to go overseas and get a new experience.
"He's helped us win a World Cup. He's been a great All Black.
"It's a good natural progression that he rolls on."
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United 0, Brighton & Hove Albion 4 (Knockaert 17, Cadman 67, Hemed 76 & 85)
- Updates - Oxford United v Brighton & HA
- Oxford United willing to pay fee to sign goalscorer - Michael Appleton
- Oxford United to discover EFL Trophy opponents in draw tomorrow
- Tough pre-season games are helping Oxford United get set for League One, says Chey Dunkley
- FOOTBALL: Oxford United women pay for individual errors as they lose late on to Everton
- MOTORSPORT: Sean Walkinshaw looking forward to competing at Spa
- RUGBY LEAGUE: Oxford RL continue losing sequence away to Coventry Bears
- FOOTBALL: Mark Janes scores twice for Banbury United after signing from Didcot Town
- DARTS: Tributes paid to young Oxon player Ryan Bull after death at 20