A WORLD Cup-winning All Black could be playing at the Kassam Stadium this season after reports in New Zealand linked Piri Weepu with a move to London Welsh.
The 30-year-old, who started at scrum half in the 2011 final victory over France, has played 71 times for his country.
Weepu will be leaving the Auckland-based Blues when their season finishes tomorrow and Welsh, who won promotion back to the Aviva Premiership via the Championship play-offs last month, is believed to be his destination.
Blues coach John Kirwan told the New Zealand Herald: "He's been a great servant of the game.
"It's great for him to go overseas and get a new experience.
"He's helped us win a World Cup. He's been a great All Black.
"It's a good natural progression that he rolls on."
Latest Sport news
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's win at Charlton Athletic
- Conor McAleny delighted to get off mark by firing Oxford United to win at Charlton Athletic
- Oxford United selected for live television coverage
- Long-serving Oxford United coach Richard Blackmore steps down
- Michael Appleton: It would have been a risk not to freshen up Oxford United for trip to Charlton
- Charlton Athletic 0, Oxford United 1 (McAleny 11)
- RUGBY UNION: Witney earn win despite Callum Godfrey dismissal
- FOOTBALL: David Murphy and Max Palmer smash hat-tricks for Berinsfield
- FOOTBALL: Hanborough book Fred Ford Cup final spot in style with rousing victory over Carterton Town A
- UPDATES - Charlton Athletic v Oxford United