Carol Penson’s Oxford City & County rink of Margaret Stacey, Marion Darton and Carol Gaskins have qualified for the National Fours Championships at Leamington Spa next month.
They booked their place by beating clubmates Julie Jackson, Vicky Harrison, Jacky Gray and Rosemary Phelps 27-10 in the semi-finals at Thame.
The other semi-final, bet-ween Daphne Jacob and Katherine Hawes, has still to be arranged, with Hawes’s teammate, Gail Gilkes, the England Under 25s and England’s Commonwealth Games team manager, having international commitments.
Quarter-finals: P Williams 10, D Jacob 25; C Penson 28, L Price 14; P Clarke 13, R Phelps 27; K Hawes 18, W Cross 11.
Semi-final: C Penson 27, R Phelps 10.
- KATIE Bland and Jazzmin Alder have qualified for the National Under 25 Pairs at Leamington Spa next month.
Bland and Alder beat Katie Glenn and Amy Stone 18-11 in the Oxfordshire final at Thame.
- OXFORDSHIRE Ladies were beaten 142-90 by Hampshire in their final John’s Trophy game at Eastleigh.
Donna Knight and Carol Nall were Oxon’s winning skips.
Hampshire 142 (17pts), Oxfordshire 90 (5) (Hampshire skips first): B Plumpton 28, P Ostler 7; L Haywood 18, C Nall 19; K Kerley 34, S Rogers 11; K Patrick 21, D Knight 24; A Flint 25, D Jacob 13; M Holden 16, J Berry 16.
Oxfordshire Ladies were pipped 114-108 by Buckinghamshire in a friendly at Newport Pagnell.
Buckinghamshire 114, Oxfordshire 108 (Bucks skips first): B Brown 19, D Jacob 14; S Faulks 19, C Penson 19; G Doddington 20, S Rogers 20; L Throup 23, W Cross 14; M L Roberts 13, J Berry 26; S Strange 20, P Ostler 15.
- Updates - Carlisle United v Oxford United
- MICHAEL APPLETON COLUMN: We are determined to send Oxford United fans home happy
- Chris Maguire relishing Oxford United's big push
- John Lundstram pushing for Oxford United recall
- SQUASH: Bicester secure Oxfordshire title
- MOTORSPORT: Nathan Harrison off to flying start
- ANGLING: Jack pips grandad Brian for Littlemore victory
- SNOOKER & BILLIARDS: Ali leads Oracle F to Oxford League title
- SWIMMING: Bicester Blue Fins prove cut above to seal fine success
- Oxford United explore possibility of fourth stand for Wycombe clash