JONATHAN Cornish went one better than last year when winning the Didcot 5.
The White Horse Harrier, runner-up in 2013, triumphed in 25mins 42 secs.
He finished 44 seconds clear of Alexander Miller, who edged out James Bolton.
The Woodstock Harriers runner clocked 26.36 to claim the vet 40 crown.
Paul Jegou made it a good day for White Horse Harriers, backing up Cornish with fifth place, and second V40, in 27.15.
The in-form Diane Moore (Headington Road Runners) notched another win in a superb season by taking the women’s race in 28.36.
Her nearest competitor was Sophie Carter (29.18), while Woodstock’s Rachel Masser round out the top three in 30.04.
Abingdon Ambler Chris Bedford was the first vet 50 man home (30.07), with Woodstock’s Bryan Vaughan just 21 seconds back in the vet 60 race.
Sandra Wolanski (Headington) was 59th in 33.39 to become the first local LV45 finisher.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United boss Michael Appleton wishes departing loanee Dan Crowley well ahead of Dutch move from Arsenal
- Oxford United make request to West Bromwich Albion for Tyler Roberts loan extension
- VARSITY MATCH: Oxford University fly half Basil Strang gets his kicks by playing at Twickenham
- Oxford United drawn at home to Scunthorpe United in Checkatrade Trophy
- LIVE UPDATES: The Varsity Matches
- VARSITY MATCH: Pressure is still on us, admits Oxford University winger Tom Stileman
- VARSITY MATCH: Catherine Wilcock backing Oxford University Women to step up
- RUGBY UNION: Dark Blues skipper Fergus Taylor out for more Varsity Match joy
- ICE HOCKEY: Oxford City Stars slip to fourth after narrow loss
- BAR BILLIARDS: Pauline Withey leads way as Oracle whitewash opponents