JONATHAN Cornish went one better than last year when winning the Didcot 5.
The White Horse Harrier, runner-up in 2013, triumphed in 25mins 42 secs.
He finished 44 seconds clear of Alexander Miller, who edged out James Bolton.
The Woodstock Harriers runner clocked 26.36 to claim the vet 40 crown.
Paul Jegou made it a good day for White Horse Harriers, backing up Cornish with fifth place, and second V40, in 27.15.
The in-form Diane Moore (Headington Road Runners) notched another win in a superb season by taking the women’s race in 28.36.
Her nearest competitor was Sophie Carter (29.18), while Woodstock’s Rachel Masser round out the top three in 30.04.
Abingdon Ambler Chris Bedford was the first vet 50 man home (30.07), with Woodstock’s Bryan Vaughan just 21 seconds back in the vet 60 race.
Sandra Wolanski (Headington) was 59th in 33.39 to become the first local LV45 finisher.
Latest Sport news
- Charlton Athletic 0, Oxford United 1 (McAleny 11)
- UPDATES - Charlton Athletic v Oxford United
- Phil Edwards: Oxford United must forget FA Cup and make most of game in hand at Charlton Athletic
- Michael Appleton: We must be 'clever' to solve Oxford United's selection jigsaw
- FOOTBALL: Steve Roberts strikes twice as Heyford Athletic beat Cropredy
- FOOTBALL: David Murphy and Max Palmer smash hat-tricks for Berinsfield
- RUGBY UNION: Second-half show guides leaders Chinnor to vital victory as Henley Hawks also triumph
- HOCKEY: Lucy Stewart’s super double secures comeback victory for Oxford Hawks
- RUGBY UNION: Oxford Harlequins complete double over Banbury, while Witney and Grove also taste victory
- DARTS: Peachcroft make their class tell to sink Kings Arms in Oxford League