JONATHAN Cornish went one better than last year when winning the Didcot 5.
The White Horse Harrier, runner-up in 2013, triumphed in 25mins 42 secs.
He finished 44 seconds clear of Alexander Miller, who edged out James Bolton.
The Woodstock Harriers runner clocked 26.36 to claim the vet 40 crown.
Paul Jegou made it a good day for White Horse Harriers, backing up Cornish with fifth place, and second V40, in 27.15.
The in-form Diane Moore (Headington Road Runners) notched another win in a superb season by taking the women’s race in 28.36.
Her nearest competitor was Sophie Carter (29.18), while Woodstock’s Rachel Masser round out the top three in 30.04.
Abingdon Ambler Chris Bedford was the first vet 50 man home (30.07), with Woodstock’s Bryan Vaughan just 21 seconds back in the vet 60 race.
Sandra Wolanski (Headington) was 59th in 33.39 to become the first local LV45 finisher.
Latest Sport news
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's victory against Bury
- Hat-trick hero Conor McAleny delighted to send Oxford United to Wembley on a high
- Oxford United fans breathe sigh of relief as goalkeeper Simon Eastwood plays on
- FOOTBALL: David Murphy's double puts Berinsfield in North Berks League Cup final
- FOOTBALL: Liam Godin hits four-timer as KEA reach Junior Shield final
- FOOTBALL: Olly Bush strikes a brace to lead Carterton into the last four
- FOOTBALL: Spot-on Jamie Cook seals dramatic win for North Leigh
- GIRLS FOOTBALL: Oxford City Under 13s clinch league title
- FOOTBALL: Harry Benfield guides Abingdon Youth to Under 15 KO Trophy glory
- FOOTBALL: Kyle Chester in top form as Carterton beat Didcot Town Youth Red