A RUN of four successive wins saw West Oxford Democrats get off to a fast start with a 4-2 win in Group A of the summer season, writes PETE EWINS.
Visitors Berinsfield went ahead through Craig Mace, before Eddie Tebby (3,080), Bob Parsons (4,370), Terry Green (5,700) and Tebby again (3,340) all won for the Democrats.
John Boal (4,520) claimed the visitors’ second point.
Dave Tooke won twice to help Didcot Conservative Club to a 4-2 success at home to Masons.
There were also victories for Sue Atkins and Jenny Florey, with Martin Wood and Mick Murphy replying for Masons.
Gladiators Club and Marlborough Club shared a pair of 3-3 draws.
Gladiators A finished level at home to Marlborough B-team, while the honours were also even from Gladiators B’s trip to Marlborough A.
Tonights Matches Berinsfeld Club v Didcot CC, Vikings v Democrats, Marlborough A v Marlborough B, Bletchington v Gladiators A.
Latest Sport news
- VIDEO: Watch goals from new Oxford United striker Wes Thomas
- Oxford United sign striker Wes Thomas and defender Aaron Martin
- Oxford United's new faces help take squad to higher level, says Michael Appleton
- ATHLETICS: Nathan Douglas upbeat heading into make-or-break Olympic trials
- ANGLING: Littlemore ease into Supercup semi-finals
- BOXING: Darius Skop dominates in win over rival Jody Meikle
- CRICKET: Oxfordshire Over 60s in last-over victory
- CRICKET: Dylan Driscoll stars in Oxfordshire Under 10s victory
- MOTORSPORT: Nathan Harrison recovers from penalty to move top of the standings
- LACROSSE: Oxford City to hold taster session for all abilities