A RUN of four successive wins saw West Oxford Democrats get off to a fast start with a 4-2 win in Group A of the summer season, writes PETE EWINS.
Visitors Berinsfield went ahead through Craig Mace, before Eddie Tebby (3,080), Bob Parsons (4,370), Terry Green (5,700) and Tebby again (3,340) all won for the Democrats.
John Boal (4,520) claimed the visitors’ second point.
Dave Tooke won twice to help Didcot Conservative Club to a 4-2 success at home to Masons.
There were also victories for Sue Atkins and Jenny Florey, with Martin Wood and Mick Murphy replying for Masons.
Gladiators Club and Marlborough Club shared a pair of 3-3 draws.
Gladiators A finished level at home to Marlborough B-team, while the honours were also even from Gladiators B’s trip to Marlborough A.
Tonights Matches Berinsfeld Club v Didcot CC, Vikings v Democrats, Marlborough A v Marlborough B, Bletchington v Gladiators A.
Latest Sport news
- Liam Sercombe relishing seeing Oxford United teammates again – but not looking forward to pre-season tests
- HOCKEY: Dan Fox gets Olympic call
- AUNT SALLY: Lee Thompson and Mick Berry help steer Swan A to top of Premier Section
- CRICKET: Swashbuckling Nigel Hume hammers 46-ball century as unbeaten Faringdon march on
- AUNT SALLY: Dave Dix so close to maximum in Abingdon & District League
- CRICKET: Dan White's the man for Hook Norton but rain has final say against Great Horwood
- CRICKET: Hanney book Osberton Radiators Cup semi-final place
- AUNT SALLY: Abingdon United's Barry Parker becomes world champion
- Christian Ribeiro: Oxford United's displays against Exeter City convinced me to sign
- GOLF: Neil Rowlands withdraws halfway through Open qualifying