A RUN of four successive wins saw West Oxford Democrats get off to a fast start with a 4-2 win in Group A of the summer season, writes PETE EWINS.
Visitors Berinsfield went ahead through Craig Mace, before Eddie Tebby (3,080), Bob Parsons (4,370), Terry Green (5,700) and Tebby again (3,340) all won for the Democrats.
John Boal (4,520) claimed the visitors’ second point.
Dave Tooke won twice to help Didcot Conservative Club to a 4-2 success at home to Masons.
There were also victories for Sue Atkins and Jenny Florey, with Martin Wood and Mick Murphy replying for Masons.
Gladiators Club and Marlborough Club shared a pair of 3-3 draws.
Gladiators A finished level at home to Marlborough B-team, while the honours were also even from Gladiators B’s trip to Marlborough A.
Tonights Matches Berinsfeld Club v Didcot CC, Vikings v Democrats, Marlborough A v Marlborough B, Bletchington v Gladiators A.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United face tense wait over Kemar Roofe's fitness for season finale
- FOOTBALL: Banbury United manager Mike Ford thrilled as his team win promotion play-off final
- RUGBY UNION: Oscar Heath racks up the points as Chinnor clinch top-six finish
- RUGBY UNION: Battling Oxfordshire suffer opening day defeat in County Championship Shield
- WOMEN'S FOOTBALL: Ini Umotong's strike lifts Oxford United off the bottom
- RUGBY LEAGUE: Oxford RL fall short against Toulouse Olympique
- DARTS: ODDA summer league all set to begin
- GOLF: Paterson and Averell help Studley Wood extend winning run
- Oxford United to host drinks and barbecue before crunch Wycombe clash
- Oxford United fans' chat