A RUN of four successive wins saw West Oxford Democrats get off to a fast start with a 4-2 win in Group A of the summer season, writes PETE EWINS.
Visitors Berinsfield went ahead through Craig Mace, before Eddie Tebby (3,080), Bob Parsons (4,370), Terry Green (5,700) and Tebby again (3,340) all won for the Democrats.
John Boal (4,520) claimed the visitors’ second point.
Dave Tooke won twice to help Didcot Conservative Club to a 4-2 success at home to Masons.
There were also victories for Sue Atkins and Jenny Florey, with Martin Wood and Mick Murphy replying for Masons.
Gladiators Club and Marlborough Club shared a pair of 3-3 draws.
Gladiators A finished level at home to Marlborough B-team, while the honours were also even from Gladiators B’s trip to Marlborough A.
Tonights Matches Berinsfeld Club v Didcot CC, Vikings v Democrats, Marlborough A v Marlborough B, Bletchington v Gladiators A.
Latest Sport news
- Michael Appleton aiming to convince Conor McAleny that Oxford United is best option for next season
- North Leigh eye one more scalp as they face Oxford United in Oxfordshire Senior Cup
- Oxford City Stars request plan from EIHA to deal with potential league restructure
- DARTS: Holder Preben Krabben makes it to ODDA play-offs
- DARTS: Oxfordshire's promotion ended by heavy defeat
- CRICKET: Blewbury & Wallingford CC quit Cherwell League
- RUGBY UNION: Chinnor keep National League 2 South play-off dream alive as Henley Hawks also win
- RUGBY UNION: Banbury beat Witney as Oxford Harlequins and Grove lose, but avoid the drop
- WOMEN'S FOOTBALL: Oxford United young keeper Lucy Brown praised after defeat
- RUGBY UNION: Bicester triumph after late rally, Gosford All Blacks win but Wallingford are beaten