A RUN of four successive wins saw West Oxford Democrats get off to a fast start with a 4-2 win in Group A of the summer season, writes PETE EWINS.
Visitors Berinsfield went ahead through Craig Mace, before Eddie Tebby (3,080), Bob Parsons (4,370), Terry Green (5,700) and Tebby again (3,340) all won for the Democrats.
John Boal (4,520) claimed the visitors’ second point.
Dave Tooke won twice to help Didcot Conservative Club to a 4-2 success at home to Masons.
There were also victories for Sue Atkins and Jenny Florey, with Martin Wood and Mick Murphy replying for Masons.
Gladiators Club and Marlborough Club shared a pair of 3-3 draws.
Gladiators A finished level at home to Marlborough B-team, while the honours were also even from Gladiators B’s trip to Marlborough A.
Tonights Matches Berinsfeld Club v Didcot CC, Vikings v Democrats, Marlborough A v Marlborough B, Bletchington v Gladiators A.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United hit by Ryan Ledson injury blow
- Oxford United chairman Darryl Eales believes 'B team' decision may change Checkatrade Trophy outlook
- Curtis Nelson pencilled in for Oxford United return next week - if today's session goes well
- BAR BILLIARDS: Oxford suffer heavy defeat in Area Cup
- AUNT SALLY: Former world champion Henry Johnson wins Kidlington title
- ATHLETICS: Oxford City’s unstoppable veterans land 12th straight title at Southern Stage Road Relays
- BOWLS: Oxfordshire draw final friendly
- SWIMMING: Janette Cardy impresses to lift British Open Water Championships title
- ICE HOCKEY: Oxford City Stars still looking for first cup win after Milton Keynes Thunder defeat
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's defeat at Southend United