Didcot Tn 0
(Odubade 32, Constable 60, 72)
Former Oxford United stars James Constable and Yemi Odubade were on the scoresheet as Didcot Town were beaten at home by Conference Premier side Eastleigh in a pre-season friendly last night, writes MATTHEW BRUCE.
The visitors boasted four former U’s among their ranks, with Odubade and Craig McAllister starting up front and Jack Midson and legendary goalscorer Constable on the bench.
And it was one of those Oxford alumni who gave Eastleigh the lead in the 32nd minute as Odubade broke quickly through the centre of the field before striking past goalkeeper James Foster.
Constable was introduced to the fray at half-time and doubled Eastleigh’s advantage on the hour mark, stooping to head in from close range.
Didcot, playing their first pre-season friendly, made a host of changes throughout the second half and twice went close to halving the deficit through substitute Pablo Haysham.
But Constable notched his second of the night and the visitors’ third on 72 minutes, evading his marker before heading home at the back post from a floated Midson cross to complete the scoring.
Didcot Tn: Foster (Williams HT), Elkins (Organ 52), Parish (Harris 66), Baines (Bernascon 52), Carnell (Haysham 52), Heapy (Longford 52), Dutton-Black (Palfreeman 52), Clarke (McKirnan 52), Brooks (Mills 52), Abrahart (Self 52), Whitehead (Paul 52).
Referee: G Scott.
- Roger James bags brace as North Leigh beat youthful Oxford United to lift Oxfordshire Senior Cup
- HORSE RACING: Mark Bradstock thrilled with Coneygree's return to action
- FOOTBALL: Arran Gray’s hat-trick clinches North Berks League Division 4 title for Blewbury
- FOOTBALL: Superlative Kidlington make it perfect season in Oxford Mail Under 12 Girls League
- FOOTBALL: Chequers win dramatic Oxford City FA Premier Cup final on penalties
- FOOTBALL: Dan Bott’s brace helps Chipping Norton to finish fourth in Witney & District FA Premier Division
- FOOTBALL: Oxford City’s ladies ease to cup final win
- FOOTBALL: Wayne Blossom shines with double as KEA secure Oxfordshire Junior Shield
- YOUTH FOOTBALL: George Corti’s four-timer is in vain for Botley Boys
- Roger James double sees North Leigh beat Oxford United to lift Oxon Senior Cup