Didcot Tn 0
(Odubade 32, Constable 60, 72)
Former Oxford United stars James Constable and Yemi Odubade were on the scoresheet as Didcot Town were beaten at home by Conference Premier side Eastleigh in a pre-season friendly last night, writes MATTHEW BRUCE.
The visitors boasted four former U’s among their ranks, with Odubade and Craig McAllister starting up front and Jack Midson and legendary goalscorer Constable on the bench.
And it was one of those Oxford alumni who gave Eastleigh the lead in the 32nd minute as Odubade broke quickly through the centre of the field before striking past goalkeeper James Foster.
Constable was introduced to the fray at half-time and doubled Eastleigh’s advantage on the hour mark, stooping to head in from close range.
Didcot, playing their first pre-season friendly, made a host of changes throughout the second half and twice went close to halving the deficit through substitute Pablo Haysham.
But Constable notched his second of the night and the visitors’ third on 72 minutes, evading his marker before heading home at the back post from a floated Midson cross to complete the scoring.
Didcot Tn: Foster (Williams HT), Elkins (Organ 52), Parish (Harris 66), Baines (Bernascon 52), Carnell (Haysham 52), Heapy (Longford 52), Dutton-Black (Palfreeman 52), Clarke (McKirnan 52), Brooks (Mills 52), Abrahart (Self 52), Whitehead (Paul 52).
Referee: G Scott.
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's penalty shoot-out win at Southend United
- Tyler Roberts holds his nerve as Oxford United make it third time lucky with shoot-out win over Southend
- Southend United 1 (Wordsworth 86), Oxford United 1 (Maguire 81) (Oxford win 4-3 on pens)
- Oxford United's Emirates FA Cup replay not selected for live television coverage
- RUGBY UNION: Former Oxford-based club London Welsh go into liquidation
- FOOTBALL: Eynsham SSC end three-month wait for win in Witney & District FA Premier Division
- FOOTBALL: Double for Charlie Lee as unbeaten Berinsfield maintain North Berks League Division 1 title tilt
- FOOTBALL: North Leigh lose 3-0 lead as Hereford grab draw in eventful game for ex-Didcot Town men
- FOOTBALL: Ismael Liverpool shines as Cropredy go fourth
- FOOTBALL: Liam Jones grabs hat-trick as Bodicote Sports reach Under 12 KO Cup last four