Didcot Tn 0
(Odubade 32, Constable 60, 72)
Former Oxford United stars James Constable and Yemi Odubade were on the scoresheet as Didcot Town were beaten at home by Conference Premier side Eastleigh in a pre-season friendly last night, writes MATTHEW BRUCE.
The visitors boasted four former U’s among their ranks, with Odubade and Craig McAllister starting up front and Jack Midson and legendary goalscorer Constable on the bench.
And it was one of those Oxford alumni who gave Eastleigh the lead in the 32nd minute as Odubade broke quickly through the centre of the field before striking past goalkeeper James Foster.
Constable was introduced to the fray at half-time and doubled Eastleigh’s advantage on the hour mark, stooping to head in from close range.
Didcot, playing their first pre-season friendly, made a host of changes throughout the second half and twice went close to halving the deficit through substitute Pablo Haysham.
But Constable notched his second of the night and the visitors’ third on 72 minutes, evading his marker before heading home at the back post from a floated Midson cross to complete the scoring.
Didcot Tn: Foster (Williams HT), Elkins (Organ 52), Parish (Harris 66), Baines (Bernascon 52), Carnell (Haysham 52), Heapy (Longford 52), Dutton-Black (Palfreeman 52), Clarke (McKirnan 52), Brooks (Mills 52), Abrahart (Self 52), Whitehead (Paul 52).
Referee: G Scott.
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's win at Millwall
- Millwall 0, Oxford United 3 (McAleny 6 & 8, Ruffels 71)
- UPDATES - Millwall v Oxford United
- Joe Rothwell hoping to silence Millwall fans in Oxford United's last away match of season
- Oxford United must be ready to roll up sleeves and battle for everything at Millwall, says boss Michael Appleton
- SHOW JUMPING: Bicester-based girls shine in leading pony show
- MICHAEL APPLETON COLUMN: We've enjoyed some great moments on our away days this season
- MOTORSPORT: Oxford's Matt Chapman delighted to score points on his debut
- MOTORSPORT: KTM are on learning curve in United States admits Oxfordshire's Bradley Smith
- BILLIARDS: Lewis Moss & Connor Jones win pairs final