A five-wicket return from debutant Charley Noble was in vain as Oxfordshire Under 17 girls slipped to an agonising one-run loss to Warwickshire at Aston Rowant.
Warwickshire got off to a good start before spinners Noble (5-24) and Lucy Gladdy saw the visitors lose eight wickets for only 60 runs as they were all out for 113.
Oxfordshire were soon in trouble as they slumped to 25-5.
But Ella Gorton hit 40 off 50 balls, to get Oxon back on track.
Oxon fell to 98-9 with four overs left and although Lucy Gladdy and Kate Davis took Oxon to within sight of victory, with eight needed off the last over, Oxfordshire fell just short.
Oxfordshire Under 13s defeated Warwickshire by 21 runs at King Edward’s Birmingham.
Charlotte Hayes (74), supported by Lucy Grain (24) and Maud Muir (18), steered Oxfordshire to a competitive 144 from 35 overs after Sophie Mitchelmore was out off the first ball of the innings.
Oxon took six catches as unbeaten Warwickshire struggled in reply, with Georgia Haworth taking 3-12 in her six overs.
Latest Sport news
- Updates - Oxford United v Brighton & HA
- Oxford United willing to pay fee to sign goalscorer - Michael Appleton
- Oxford United to discover EFL Trophy opponents in draw tomorrow
- Tough pre-season games are helping Oxford United get set for League One, says Chey Dunkley
- FOOTBALL: Oxford United women pay for individual errors as they lose late on to Everton
- MOTORSPORT: Sean Walkinshaw looking forward to competing at Spa
- RUGBY LEAGUE: Oxford RL continue losing sequence away to Coventry Bears
- FOOTBALL: Mark Janes scores twice for Banbury United after signing from Didcot Town
- DARTS: Tributes paid to young Oxon player Ryan Bull after death at 20
- GOLF: Heythrop Park to host Challenge Tour event