A five-wicket return from debutant Charley Noble was in vain as Oxfordshire Under 17 girls slipped to an agonising one-run loss to Warwickshire at Aston Rowant.
Warwickshire got off to a good start before spinners Noble (5-24) and Lucy Gladdy saw the visitors lose eight wickets for only 60 runs as they were all out for 113.
Oxfordshire were soon in trouble as they slumped to 25-5.
But Ella Gorton hit 40 off 50 balls, to get Oxon back on track.
Oxon fell to 98-9 with four overs left and although Lucy Gladdy and Kate Davis took Oxon to within sight of victory, with eight needed off the last over, Oxfordshire fell just short.
Oxfordshire Under 13s defeated Warwickshire by 21 runs at King Edward’s Birmingham.
Charlotte Hayes (74), supported by Lucy Grain (24) and Maud Muir (18), steered Oxfordshire to a competitive 144 from 35 overs after Sophie Mitchelmore was out off the first ball of the innings.
Oxon took six catches as unbeaten Warwickshire struggled in reply, with Georgia Haworth taking 3-12 in her six overs.
Latest Sport news
- Arsenal youngster Dan Crowley joins Oxford United on a season-long loan
- Oxford United arrange second game for pre-season trip to Spain
- Oxford United season ticket sales set to break new ground at Kassam Stadium
- TENNIS: Alexis Canter thrilled by Wimbledon call
- CRICKET: Vice-captain Jonny Cater backs Oxfordshire to end poor run in Unicorns Counties Championship
- RUGBY UNION: Bevon Armitage has high hopes after signing for Chinnor
- CRICKET: Great & Little Tew captain Andy Harris delighted by Joe Thomas form
- CRICKET: John Barrett hails Oxford's quality ahead of Thame Town derby
- TENNIS: Ustic saves match points on way to maiden title
- ROWING: Oxon crews reign at damp Reading regatta