A five-wicket return from debutant Charley Noble was in vain as Oxfordshire Under 17 girls slipped to an agonising one-run loss to Warwickshire at Aston Rowant.
Warwickshire got off to a good start before spinners Noble (5-24) and Lucy Gladdy saw the visitors lose eight wickets for only 60 runs as they were all out for 113.
Oxfordshire were soon in trouble as they slumped to 25-5.
But Ella Gorton hit 40 off 50 balls, to get Oxon back on track.
Oxon fell to 98-9 with four overs left and although Lucy Gladdy and Kate Davis took Oxon to within sight of victory, with eight needed off the last over, Oxfordshire fell just short.
Oxfordshire Under 13s defeated Warwickshire by 21 runs at King Edward’s Birmingham.
Charlotte Hayes (74), supported by Lucy Grain (24) and Maud Muir (18), steered Oxfordshire to a competitive 144 from 35 overs after Sophie Mitchelmore was out off the first ball of the innings.
Oxon took six catches as unbeaten Warwickshire struggled in reply, with Georgia Haworth taking 3-12 in her six overs.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United net glamour pre-season date with Premier League champions Leicester City
- Oxford United add Barnet trip to pre-season schedule
- FOOTBALL: Teams to play in tournament in memory of Derek Measor
- FOOTBALL: Charlbury Town Under 12s land national title with 2-0 victory at King Power Stadium
- CRICKET: Cherwell League round-up – Dominant Cumnor again thwarted by weather
- CRICKET: OCA League round-up – Atkins stars as Charlbury beat Stonesfield and the rain
- AUNT SALLY: Magnificent Andy Lewis goes close to joining the maximum men in Greene King Oxford & District League
- Oxford United will not blow salary structure for summer signings, says boss Michael Appleton
- Oxford United's Kemar Roofe is front-runner in PFA poll for League Two player of the season
- Callum O'Dowda hoping to live up to Republic of Ireland boss Martin O'Neill's high praise