Bicester Blue Fins won three bronze medals and hope to claim four county records at the British Gas National Masters & Senior Age Group Championships in Swansea.
Jack Rowland struck bro-nze in the age 17-24 200m backstroke and was fifth in the 100m backstroke – both in Oxfordshire county record times, which are subject to ratification – and also set club age group records.
In the 65-69 age category, Julie Evans was third in the 1,500m freestyle in a provisional county record time of 31mins 45.90secs.
Estelle Fisher took bronze in the 55-59 category 1,500m freestyle (25.31.50), while Andrew Pryce claimed a county age 50-54 record for his 30.35 in the 50m freestyle.
Bicester Blue Fins Head Coach Struan McNeil said: “The younger swimmers tend to grab the headlines, but our masters are also an integral part of the club.
“It shows how their quiet dedication is paying off.”
Latest Sport news
- 900 remaining tickets for Oxford United's FA Cup clash against Newcastle United go on general sale
- Christian Ribeiro set for Oxford United return in friendly with Vancouver Whitecaps
- Oxford United 'out-punched' by another League One side for loan target
- Oxford United announce new dates for Sheffield United and Bolton Wanderers games
- Newcastle United win FA Cup replay to set up fourth round trip to Oxford United
- CRICKET: New Oxfordshire captain Jonny Cater aiming to nurture county's emerging talent
- AUNT SALLY: Mick Phipps leads Black Prince to victory
- GOLF: Eddie Pepperell faces Abu Dhabi test
- ICE HOCKEY: Oxford City Stars suffer heaviest defeat the day after ending long losing run
- ATHLETICS: Oxford City's senior men thrilled to finally clinch Chiltern Cross Country League victory