Bicester Blue Fins won three bronze medals and hope to claim four county records at the British Gas National Masters & Senior Age Group Championships in Swansea.
Jack Rowland struck bro-nze in the age 17-24 200m backstroke and was fifth in the 100m backstroke – both in Oxfordshire county record times, which are subject to ratification – and also set club age group records.
In the 65-69 age category, Julie Evans was third in the 1,500m freestyle in a provisional county record time of 31mins 45.90secs.
Estelle Fisher took bronze in the 55-59 category 1,500m freestyle (25.31.50), while Andrew Pryce claimed a county age 50-54 record for his 30.35 in the 50m freestyle.
Bicester Blue Fins Head Coach Struan McNeil said: “The younger swimmers tend to grab the headlines, but our masters are also an integral part of the club.
“It shows how their quiet dedication is paying off.”
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United face trip to Championship strugglers if they win FA Cup replay
- Back injury rules Joe Skarz out of Oxford United's game at Southend United
- Oxford United fans' chat
- Michael Appleton hoping plum draw in FA Cup will give Oxford United added incentive
- ATHLETICS: Organisers cancel third round of Oxford Mail Cross Country League
- WEEKEND RESULTS December 3-4
- FOOTBALL: Matt Sysum's goal earns victory for North Leigh
- FOOTBALL: Callum White’s fluke goal seals last-gasp win for Banbury United
- FOOTBALL: James Roberts breaks his duck as Oxford City slip to home defeat
- FOOTBALL: Supersub Lewis Coyle hits stunning four-timer for Kidlington