Bicester Blue Fins won three bronze medals and hope to claim four county records at the British Gas National Masters & Senior Age Group Championships in Swansea.
Jack Rowland struck bro-nze in the age 17-24 200m backstroke and was fifth in the 100m backstroke – both in Oxfordshire county record times, which are subject to ratification – and also set club age group records.
In the 65-69 age category, Julie Evans was third in the 1,500m freestyle in a provisional county record time of 31mins 45.90secs.
Estelle Fisher took bronze in the 55-59 category 1,500m freestyle (25.31.50), while Andrew Pryce claimed a county age 50-54 record for his 30.35 in the 50m freestyle.
Bicester Blue Fins Head Coach Struan McNeil said: “The younger swimmers tend to grab the headlines, but our masters are also an integral part of the club.
“It shows how their quiet dedication is paying off.”
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United striker James Roberts joins Stalybridge Celtic on loan
- Oxford United boss delivers Wembley warning to his players ahead of Chesterfield trip
- Time for Oxford United to take big chance and make our mark – Michael Appleton
- I've been a nightmare to live with, says Oxford United defender Joe Skarz
- Wes Thomas keeps his spirits up on long road to Oxford United recovery
- Gary Caldwell: Flexible Chesterfield are a threat to Oxford United
- From the boardroom column: Oxford United are making waves across the world
- FOOTBALL: Kidlington reveal ground renovation plans
- GOLF: Eddie Pepperell misses fourth halfway cut in a row
- RUGBY UNION: Oxford Harlequins out to maintain their great escape bid