Bicester Blue Fins won three bronze medals and hope to claim four county records at the British Gas National Masters & Senior Age Group Championships in Swansea.
Jack Rowland struck bro-nze in the age 17-24 200m backstroke and was fifth in the 100m backstroke – both in Oxfordshire county record times, which are subject to ratification – and also set club age group records.
In the 65-69 age category, Julie Evans was third in the 1,500m freestyle in a provisional county record time of 31mins 45.90secs.
Estelle Fisher took bronze in the 55-59 category 1,500m freestyle (25.31.50), while Andrew Pryce claimed a county age 50-54 record for his 30.35 in the 50m freestyle.
Bicester Blue Fins Head Coach Struan McNeil said: “The younger swimmers tend to grab the headlines, but our masters are also an integral part of the club.
“It shows how their quiet dedication is paying off.”
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United in talks to extend contract of skipper John Lundstram beyond next season
- Oxford United out to sign off on a high against Shrewsbury
- BOXING: Jordan Flynn’s offered Olympic trial despite defeat
- MOTORSPORT: Renault driver Jolyon Palmer is against new safety shield
- BASKETBALL: Oxfordshire trio in junior regional side
- ANGLING: Holder Craig Partridge gets off to flying start
- MOTORSPORT: Oxford driver Matt Chapman facing first two-hour endurance test
- SWIMMING: City of Oxford's David Murphy competes against Olympic champion in British final
- Canice Carroll raring for next season already after breaking into Oxford United's side
- Reaction to Shrewsbury Town defeat defined Oxford United's season – Michael Appleton