Abingdon School beat Chipping Norton School by 57 runs to win Oxfordshire’s Under 12 Bunbury Cup final at Cumnor.
Openers, James Coombs and Hector Chambers, made 50 before retiring as Abingdon, who won the toss, posted 181-3 from their 25 overs.
Chipping Norton struggled to keep up with the required rate and ended on 124-4.
Abingdon now progress to the national stages of the competition next season.
Warriner School, Banbury, reached the semi-final of the Oxfordshire Schools Under 13 Cup by beating Chipping Norton by one run in a thriller after the teams had earlier tied their league game scoring 91 runs each.
Warriner scored 78-4 with Michael Rae scoring 38 not, before Chipping Norton finished on 77-7, Dan Lydon taking 3-11.
OTHER SCHOOLS RESULTS
OXFORDSHIRE UNDER 15 LEAGUE
King Alfred’s Wantage 96-4 , Lord Williams 97-1 (M Parmar 42no).
Burford 94, Bartholomew 95-0 (D Burgess 42no, J Morris 34 no).
Chipping Norton 94-7, Henry Box 96-2.
OXFORDSHIRE UNDER 14 LEAGUE
Wheatley Park 40, King Alfred’s 41-3.
OXFORDSHIRE UNDER 13 LEAGUE
Wood Green 28, Bartholomew 29-0. Bartholomew 159-4 (A McCreadie 56, B Weller 31), Burford 110-8.
Gosford Hill 79-6 (A Behal 25, Warriner 60-7.
Bicester 45, Cherwell 47-4.
Under 12 pairs league St Birinus 253, Lord Williams 247.
Faringdon 301, St Gregory the Great 211.
Latest Sport news
- Christian Ribeiro upbeat on painful path to long-awaited Oxford United debut
- RUGBY UNION: Sorry Bulls trampled by high-fliers
- BAR BILLIARDS: Vikings A and B teams go through to next round
- ICE HOCKEY: Hallam Wilson's hat-trick seals double raid for the high-flying Oxford City Stars
- MOTORSPORT: Banbury's Darren Turner is crowned champion in Le Mans Series GTE Championship
- ATHLETICS: Brilliant Paul Fernandez proves class above to win Abingdon Marathon
- Rob Hall sets up two goals on Oxford United return
- UPDATE: New ticket details for Oxford United's FA Cup tie at Merstham announced
- Ex-Oxford United striker Jefferson Louis loving return to area with Oxford City – 32 transfers later
- FOOTBALL: Sam Barder is Didcot’s match-winner while Banbury and Kidlington earn draws and Wantage are thrashed