DUNLOP MSA BRITISH TOURING CAR CHAMPIONSHIP
OXFORD’S Jason Plato lost ground in the title race after an eventful round five at Croft included him being penalised ten places for a crash.
Plato finished third in race one after qualifying in second place, but that was as good as it got for the MG KX Clubcard Fuel Save driver and two-time former champion.
In race two, he received a ten-place grid penalty and was deducted three points following contact with Alain Menu’s VW CC.
The Swiss star looked to have overtaken Plato on the inside at Clervaux, but as the Oxford man turned in to take his line, he made contact with the VW alongside him.
Menu was fired out of the race, with Plato finishing sixth, but the grid penalty meant he could only come tenth in the final race.
Plato tweeted: “To put the record straight, I apologised to @AlainMenu_ and told the stewards that I misjudged the undercut. My mistake, hands up.”
Championship leader Colin Turkington (ebay Motors), who won twice at Croft, now leads fourth-placed Plato by 49 points, with round six to follow at Snetterton on August 2 and 3.
1 C Turkington 228pts, 2 G Shedden 221, 3 A Jordan 200, 4 J Plato 179, 5 R Collard 170.
Latest Sport news
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's draw with Charlton Athletic
- Oxford United 1 (Maguire 67), Charlton Athletic 1 (Jackson pen 54)
- Oxford United v Charlton Athletic - UPDATES
- MICHAEL APPLETON COLUMN: Charlton will be a tough test but we’re ready to challenge
- Grateful Marvin Johnson aiming to repay Oxford United fans with goal against Charlton
- BILLIARDS: Bob Chivers break boosts Fieldside
- WOMEN'S FOOTBALL: Role model Demi Lambourne can inspire youthful Oxford United, says boss Les Taylor
- ICE HOCKEY: Buoyant Oxford City Stars bidding to build on first victory
- Oxford United position will be clearer after big week, says Derek Fazackerley
- Charlton boss believes balanced Oxford United will be tough to defeat