DUNLOP MSA BRITISH TOURING CAR CHAMPIONSHIP
OXFORD’S Jason Plato lost ground in the title race after an eventful round five at Croft included him being penalised ten places for a crash.
Plato finished third in race one after qualifying in second place, but that was as good as it got for the MG KX Clubcard Fuel Save driver and two-time former champion.
In race two, he received a ten-place grid penalty and was deducted three points following contact with Alain Menu’s VW CC.
The Swiss star looked to have overtaken Plato on the inside at Clervaux, but as the Oxford man turned in to take his line, he made contact with the VW alongside him.
Menu was fired out of the race, with Plato finishing sixth, but the grid penalty meant he could only come tenth in the final race.
Plato tweeted: “To put the record straight, I apologised to @AlainMenu_ and told the stewards that I misjudged the undercut. My mistake, hands up.”
Championship leader Colin Turkington (ebay Motors), who won twice at Croft, now leads fourth-placed Plato by 49 points, with round six to follow at Snetterton on August 2 and 3.
1 C Turkington 228pts, 2 G Shedden 221, 3 A Jordan 200, 4 J Plato 179, 5 R Collard 170.
Latest Sport news
- Michael Appleton waits to see referee after being sent to the stands in Oxford United's spicy draw with Oldham Athletic
- Oxford United 1 (Hall 54), Oldham Athletic 1 (Burgess 10)
- Oxford United v Oldham Athletic - UPDATES
- MICHAEL APPLETON COLUMN: We are hoping for some home comforts
- Kane Hemmings eyeing big push from Oxford United
- Michael Appleton faced with Oxford United defensive dilemma ahead of Oldham clash
- ANGLING: Martin Phipps leaves rivals in the cold
- TRAMPOLINING: Windrush Valley girls land regional team crown
- GYMNASTICS: Abingdon's Lili-Mae Snuggs claims top-ten spots in national championships
- SNOOKER & BILLIARDS: Thame A go top of Oxford League after victory over Green Road A