DUNLOP MSA BRITISH TOURING CAR CHAMPIONSHIP
OXFORD’S Jason Plato lost ground in the title race after an eventful round five at Croft included him being penalised ten places for a crash.
Plato finished third in race one after qualifying in second place, but that was as good as it got for the MG KX Clubcard Fuel Save driver and two-time former champion.
In race two, he received a ten-place grid penalty and was deducted three points following contact with Alain Menu’s VW CC.
The Swiss star looked to have overtaken Plato on the inside at Clervaux, but as the Oxford man turned in to take his line, he made contact with the VW alongside him.
Menu was fired out of the race, with Plato finishing sixth, but the grid penalty meant he could only come tenth in the final race.
Plato tweeted: “To put the record straight, I apologised to @AlainMenu_ and told the stewards that I misjudged the undercut. My mistake, hands up.”
Championship leader Colin Turkington (ebay Motors), who won twice at Croft, now leads fourth-placed Plato by 49 points, with round six to follow at Snetterton on August 2 and 3.
1 C Turkington 228pts, 2 G Shedden 221, 3 A Jordan 200, 4 J Plato 179, 5 R Collard 170.
Latest Sport news
- Roger James bags brace as North Leigh beat youthful Oxford United to lift Oxfordshire Senior Cup
- FOOTBALL: Oxford City’s adies ease to cup final win
- FOOTBALL: Arran Gray’s hat-trick clinches North Berks League Division 4 title for Blewbury
- FOOTBALL: Superlative Kidlington make it perfect season in Oxford Mail Under 12 Girls League
- FOOTBALL: Chequers win dramatic Oxford City FA Premier Cup final on penalties
- FOOTBALL: Dan Bott’s brace helps Chipping Norton to finish fourth in Witney & District FA Premier Division
- FOOTBALL: Wayne Blossom shines with double as KEA secure Oxfordshire Junior Shield
- YOUTH FOOTBALL: George Corti’s four-timer is in vain for Botley Boys
- Roger James double sees North Leigh beat Oxford United to lift Oxon Senior Cup
- Michael Appleton aiming to convince Conor McAleny that Oxford United is best option for next season