DUNLOP MSA BRITISH TOURING CAR CHAMPIONSHIP
OXFORD’S Jason Plato lost ground in the title race after an eventful round five at Croft included him being penalised ten places for a crash.
Plato finished third in race one after qualifying in second place, but that was as good as it got for the MG KX Clubcard Fuel Save driver and two-time former champion.
In race two, he received a ten-place grid penalty and was deducted three points following contact with Alain Menu’s VW CC.
The Swiss star looked to have overtaken Plato on the inside at Clervaux, but as the Oxford man turned in to take his line, he made contact with the VW alongside him.
Menu was fired out of the race, with Plato finishing sixth, but the grid penalty meant he could only come tenth in the final race.
Plato tweeted: “To put the record straight, I apologised to @AlainMenu_ and told the stewards that I misjudged the undercut. My mistake, hands up.”
Championship leader Colin Turkington (ebay Motors), who won twice at Croft, now leads fourth-placed Plato by 49 points, with round six to follow at Snetterton on August 2 and 3.
1 C Turkington 228pts, 2 G Shedden 221, 3 A Jordan 200, 4 J Plato 179, 5 R Collard 170.
Latest Sport news
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's FA Cup clash with Middlesbrough
- Oxford United's late FA Cup defeat is 'sickener' - Chris Maguire
- Middlesbrough 3 (Leadbitter 26, Gestede 34, Stuani 86), Oxford United 2 (Maguire 63, Martinez 65)
- UPDATES - Middlesbrough v Oxford United
- MICHAEL APPLETON COLUMN: We’re not afraid of Boro and relishing a bumper away day
- Chris Maguire hopes Oxford United can grab the FA Cup headlines against Middlesbrough
- Oxford United players excited by enormous following for FA Cup tie, says Ryan Ledson
- ICE HOCKEY: Ben Payne back as Oxford City Stars seek double over Milton Keynes Thunder
- Bream come to top for Doug Robinson in Littlemore's Chandlers Cup
- SWIMMING: Formidable City of Oxford make it five county titles in a row