BANBURY made light work of beating Gerrards Cross to reach the last four of the Home Counties Premier League Twenty20 Cup yesterday.
Batting first, visitors Banbury soon lost openers Lloyd Sabin and Nathan Hawkes, but Dan Harris held their innings with 42 from 38 balls, including a six and four fours.
This helped Banbury reach 116-8 from their reduced tally of 18 overs.
The home side were soon struggling at 42-7 as Ashley Blanchard, Ollie Wright and Richard West swept through the top order.
Skipper Jimmy Phillips finished with 3-16 as Cross fell for 75 in in 14.5 overs to give Banbury a 41-run win.
Aston Rowant bowed out when losing by nine-wickets at to Henley.
Nick Ferraby top-scored with 44 as Rowant reached 93-7 in 20 overs.
But Henley made 94-1 in 8.3 overs, Matt Cater smashing 46 off 16 balls.
Great & Little Tew gave High Wycombe a walkover in their quarter-final tie.
Latest Sport news
- SWIMMING: Emily Nisbet wins medals in Scottish Championships
- ANGLING: Ian Young wins Oxford Summer League on low-scoring day
- MARTIAL ARTS: Katie Franks lands three world titles
- MOTORVRACING: Valtteri Bottas eyes strong showing for Williams in Germany
- CRICKET: Horspath youngsters make it a hat-trick of titles
- CRICKET: Oxfordshire Women hit by double T20 defeat
- CRICKET: Jack Wilkins takes six wickets in Oxfordshire 2nd victory
- CRICKET: Archie Spittles leads the way as Oxfordshire Under 17s storm to win
- CRICKET: Sam Mendes stars as Oxfordshire Over 50s B advance
- Oxford United thought West Brom rising star Tyler Roberts would be out of their league – Fazackerley