BANBURY made light work of beating Gerrards Cross to reach the last four of the Home Counties Premier League Twenty20 Cup yesterday.
Batting first, visitors Banbury soon lost openers Lloyd Sabin and Nathan Hawkes, but Dan Harris held their innings with 42 from 38 balls, including a six and four fours.
This helped Banbury reach 116-8 from their reduced tally of 18 overs.
The home side were soon struggling at 42-7 as Ashley Blanchard, Ollie Wright and Richard West swept through the top order.
Skipper Jimmy Phillips finished with 3-16 as Cross fell for 75 in in 14.5 overs to give Banbury a 41-run win.
Aston Rowant bowed out when losing by nine-wickets at to Henley.
Nick Ferraby top-scored with 44 as Rowant reached 93-7 in 20 overs.
But Henley made 94-1 in 8.3 overs, Matt Cater smashing 46 off 16 balls.
Great & Little Tew gave High Wycombe a walkover in their quarter-final tie.
Latest Sport news
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's win at Millwall
- Millwall 0, Oxford United 3 (McAleny 6 & 8, Ruffels 71)
- UPDATES - Millwall v Oxford United
- Joe Rothwell hoping to silence Millwall fans in Oxford United's last away match of season
- Oxford United must be ready to roll up sleeves and battle for everything at Millwall, says boss Michael Appleton
- SHOW JUMPING: Bicester-based girls shine in leading pony show
- MICHAEL APPLETON COLUMN: We've enjoyed some great moments on our away days this season
- MOTORSPORT: Oxford's Matt Chapman delighted to score points on his debut
- MOTORSPORT: KTM are on learning curve in United States admits Oxfordshire's Bradley Smith
- BILLIARDS: Lewis Moss & Connor Jones win pairs final