BANBURY made light work of beating Gerrards Cross to reach the last four of the Home Counties Premier League Twenty20 Cup yesterday.
Batting first, visitors Banbury soon lost openers Lloyd Sabin and Nathan Hawkes, but Dan Harris held their innings with 42 from 38 balls, including a six and four fours.
This helped Banbury reach 116-8 from their reduced tally of 18 overs.
The home side were soon struggling at 42-7 as Ashley Blanchard, Ollie Wright and Richard West swept through the top order.
Skipper Jimmy Phillips finished with 3-16 as Cross fell for 75 in in 14.5 overs to give Banbury a 41-run win.
Aston Rowant bowed out when losing by nine-wickets at to Henley.
Nick Ferraby top-scored with 44 as Rowant reached 93-7 in 20 overs.
But Henley made 94-1 in 8.3 overs, Matt Cater smashing 46 off 16 balls.
Great & Little Tew gave High Wycombe a walkover in their quarter-final tie.
Latest Sport news
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's draw at Macclesfield Town
- Alex MacDonald hails Simon Eastwood for keeping Oxford United in FA Cup
- ANGLING: Carl Eland's second place puts Drennan Oxford closer to Winter League crown
- FUTSAL: Liam Palfreeman’s selection forEngland is dream come true
- SWIMMING: Jemma Lowe Olympian inspires City of Oxford’s youngsters
- TABLE TENNIS: Janet Brown causes Karl Bushell big fright in Oxford League
- SNOOKER & BILLIARDS: Thame A close in on the Oxford League leaders
- BOXING: Mixed results for Berinsfield stars
- ICE HOCKEY: Oxford City Stars looking for quick revenge on leaders
- Macclesfield Town 0, Oxford United 0