BANBURY made light work of beating Gerrards Cross to reach the last four of the Home Counties Premier League Twenty20 Cup yesterday.
Batting first, visitors Banbury soon lost openers Lloyd Sabin and Nathan Hawkes, but Dan Harris held their innings with 42 from 38 balls, including a six and four fours.
This helped Banbury reach 116-8 from their reduced tally of 18 overs.
The home side were soon struggling at 42-7 as Ashley Blanchard, Ollie Wright and Richard West swept through the top order.
Skipper Jimmy Phillips finished with 3-16 as Cross fell for 75 in in 14.5 overs to give Banbury a 41-run win.
Aston Rowant bowed out when losing by nine-wickets at to Henley.
Nick Ferraby top-scored with 44 as Rowant reached 93-7 in 20 overs.
But Henley made 94-1 in 8.3 overs, Matt Cater smashing 46 off 16 balls.
Great & Little Tew gave High Wycombe a walkover in their quarter-final tie.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United sign striker Kane Hemmings from Dundee in six-figure move
- WATCH: Videos of Oxford United's new signing Kane Hemmings scoring for Dundee
- Oxford United set for double signing to boost firepower after friendly defeat by Brighton
- Oxford United's EFL Trophy group opponents include Chelsea and Swindon Town + POLL
- CRICKET: Tom Condon's century keeps up Aston Rowant's Cherwell title challenge
- AUNT SALLY: Darren Cox's super 16 renews Florence Park's title bid
- CRICKET: Rob Owen's super century helps Faringdon bounce back with Charlbury victory
- Oxford United 0, Brighton & Hove Albion 4 (Knockaert 17, Cadman 67, Hemed 76 & 85)
- Updates - Oxford United v Brighton & HA
- Oxford United willing to pay fee to sign goalscorer - Michael Appleton