BANBURY made light work of beating Gerrards Cross to reach the last four of the Home Counties Premier League Twenty20 Cup yesterday.
Batting first, visitors Banbury soon lost openers Lloyd Sabin and Nathan Hawkes, but Dan Harris held their innings with 42 from 38 balls, including a six and four fours.
This helped Banbury reach 116-8 from their reduced tally of 18 overs.
The home side were soon struggling at 42-7 as Ashley Blanchard, Ollie Wright and Richard West swept through the top order.
Skipper Jimmy Phillips finished with 3-16 as Cross fell for 75 in in 14.5 overs to give Banbury a 41-run win.
Aston Rowant bowed out when losing by nine-wickets at to Henley.
Nick Ferraby top-scored with 44 as Rowant reached 93-7 in 20 overs.
But Henley made 94-1 in 8.3 overs, Matt Cater smashing 46 off 16 balls.
Great & Little Tew gave High Wycombe a walkover in their quarter-final tie.
Latest Sport news
- Rochdale 0, Oxford United 4 (Johnson 18, Hall 29, Taylor 53, Ledson 73)
- UPDATES - Rochdale v Oxford United
- Oxford United handed boost with key Rochdale defender serving suspension
- Marvin Johnson looking for more of the same when Oxford United visit Rochdale
- MICHAEL APPLETON COLUMN: We’re recharged for busy league and cup schedule
- SWIMMING: David Murphy delivers masterclass to set more records at Arena Pro Swim Series
- TABLE TENNIS: Bicester squeeze past Holton in Aubrey Hughes Handicap Shield opener
- ANGLING: Alan Steele clinches Victory Cup
- INDOOR CRICKET: Chipping Norton and Ruscote title race goes down to the wire
- ON CUE: Q Zone go top of Gentworks Oxford & District Snooker League