London Welsh head Justin Burnell has tipped former England lock Dean Schofield to make a big impact at the club.
Schofield, 35, was yesterday announced as Welsh’s 19th signing of the summer as they build towards their Aviva Premiership return.
“Dean is a big man with a wealth of experience from a technical and tactical aspect of the game, which is very important for us, and his leadership quality speaks for itself,” said Burnell.
Schofield has signed from Worcester Warriors, whom he joined from French giants RC Toulon in 2012.
He tweeted: “Looking forward to meeting everyone at my new club @LondonWelshRFC on Monday #freshstart #newchallenge”
The 6ft 6in 20st second row earned two England caps while a Sale Sharks player in 2007.
He won the Premiership title with Sale in 2006, having helped them land the European Challenge Cup at the Kassam Stadium in 2005.
Schofield has 191 Premiership appearances and has captained Sale and Worcester.
Latest Sport news
- Ryan Ledson nominated for EFL Young Player of the Season award
- Trio are injury doubts for Oxford United's clash with Bury tomorrow
- I just rely on my instinct, says Oxford United keeper Simon Eastwood after penalty save
- Liam Sercombe frustrated at Oxford United's failure to get a win
- It’s two points dropped, says Oxford United boss Michael Appleton
- HORSE RACING: Snow Leopardess sparkles for Charlie Longsdon
- FOOTBALL: Oxford City defeated by classy late strike
- RESULTS: Weekend March 25-26
- FOOTBALL: Banbury United's play-off bid hit by defeat at Stratford
- FOOTBALL: North Leigh make it two wins in a row, Didcot beaten by late freak goal and Wantage delay relegation with draw