Oxford City’s Hannah England eased into tonight’s 1500m final after winning her heat in a comfortable style at Birmingham’s Alexander Stadium last night.
She crossed the line in 4mins 21.82 secs, ahead of British title rival Laura Muir (4.22.23).
Her final is at 6.10pm, while fellow Oxfordshire medal hopes, hurdler Lawrence Clarke and triple-jumper Nathan Douglas compete tomorrow.
Latest Sport news
- Sam Slocombe and Max Crocombe told they can leave Oxford United
- ATHLETICS: Lawrence Clarke and Nathan Douglas selected for European Championships
- Details announced for Oxford United's EFL Cup tie at Birmingham City
- CRICKET: Shaun Cross takes four as Shipton cruise into last 16 of Davidstow Village Cup
- ATHLETICS: Clarke books ticket to Rio Olympics and vows best is yet to come
- ATHLETICS: Douglas claims British triple jump title, but yet to seal place to Rio
- WEEKEND RESULTS June 25 & 26
- CRICKET: Samad Fallah takes seven as Oxford rout Gerrards Cross
- ATHLETICS: Ennis delighted to reach 200m final
- VIDEO: Watch goals from new Oxford United striker Wes Thomas