Oxfordshire's Eddie Pepperell easily made the cut for today’s final round after carding an eight-under par 64 in the second round in Koln, Germany yesterday.
Pepperell, from Frilford Heath, was nine-under when he went off for lightning, only to bogey the last hole on his return as he took a share of 19th place, four shots off the lead.
Spain’s Rafa Cabrera-Bello and playing partner Danny Willett shot four-under- par 68s, as they took a share of the lead with Emiliano Grillo, who shot a nine-below 63, and Pablo Larrazábal, with a six-under-par 66.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United 1 (Maguire 67), Charlton Athletic 1 (Jackson pen 54)
- Oxford United v Charlton Athletic - UPDATES
- MICHAEL APPLETON COLUMN: Charlton will be a tough test but we’re ready to challenge
- Grateful Marvin Johnson aiming to repay Oxford United fans with goal against Charlton
- BILLIARDS: Bob Chivers break boosts Fieldside
- WOMEN'S FOOTBALL: Role model Demi Lambourne can inspire youthful Oxford United, says boss Les Taylor
- ICE HOCKEY: Buoyant Oxford City Stars bidding to build on first victory
- Oxford United position will be clearer after big week, says Derek Fazackerley
- Charlton boss believes balanced Oxford United will be tough to defeat
- Changing mood is bringing home comfort for United, says Derek Fazackerley