Oxfordshire's Eddie Pepperell easily made the cut for today’s final round after carding an eight-under par 64 in the second round in Koln, Germany yesterday.
Pepperell, from Frilford Heath, was nine-under when he went off for lightning, only to bogey the last hole on his return as he took a share of 19th place, four shots off the lead.
Spain’s Rafa Cabrera-Bello and playing partner Danny Willett shot four-under- par 68s, as they took a share of the lead with Emiliano Grillo, who shot a nine-below 63, and Pablo Larrazábal, with a six-under-par 66.
Latest Sport news
- Christian Ribeiro: Oxford United's displays against Exeter City convinced me to sign
- GOLF: Neil Rowlands withdraws halfway through Open qualifying
- GOLF: Lucie Feaver is primed to take on world’s best at Junior World Championships
- WOMEN'S FOOTBALL: Oxford United lose to Bristol City but Laura Rafferty bids to make most of loan chance
- FOOTBALL: Danny Nicholls steps up to become Oxford City's joint manager
- MOTORSPORT: Sean Walkinshaw frustrated by puncture at Paul Ricard
- FOOTBALL: Abingdon Town quit the North Berks League
- DARTS: Pairs keep Democrats on track
- DARTS: Blackbird Leys Warriors recognised for Super League triumph
- Sam Slocombe and Max Crocombe told they can leave Oxford United