Oxfordshire's Eddie Pepperell easily made the cut for today’s final round after carding an eight-under par 64 in the second round in Koln, Germany yesterday.
Pepperell, from Frilford Heath, was nine-under when he went off for lightning, only to bogey the last hole on his return as he took a share of 19th place, four shots off the lead.
Spain’s Rafa Cabrera-Bello and playing partner Danny Willett shot four-under- par 68s, as they took a share of the lead with Emiliano Grillo, who shot a nine-below 63, and Pablo Larrazábal, with a six-under-par 66.
Latest Sport news
- MICHAEL APPLETON COLUMN: We are determined to send Oxford United fans home happy
- Chris Maguire relishing Oxford United's big push
- John Lundstram pushing for Oxford United recall
- SQUASH: Bicester secure Oxfordshire title
- MOTORSPORT: Nathan Harrison off to flying start
- ANGLING: Jack pips grandad Brian for Littlemore victory
- SNOOKER & BILLIARDS: Ali leads Oracle F to Oxford League title
- SWIMMING: Bicester Blue Fins prove cut above to seal fine success
- Oxford United explore possibility of fourth stand for Wycombe clash
- Oxford United are where we want to be, says Carlisle United manager Keith Curle