Oxfordshire's Eddie Pepperell easily made the cut for today’s final round after carding an eight-under par 64 in the second round in Koln, Germany yesterday.
Pepperell, from Frilford Heath, was nine-under when he went off for lightning, only to bogey the last hole on his return as he took a share of 19th place, four shots off the lead.
Spain’s Rafa Cabrera-Bello and playing partner Danny Willett shot four-under- par 68s, as they took a share of the lead with Emiliano Grillo, who shot a nine-below 63, and Pablo Larrazábal, with a six-under-par 66.
Latest Sport news
- Sheffield United 2 (Sharp 65, Wilson 73), Oxford United 1 (Hemmings 16)
- LIVE - Sheffield United v Oxford United
- Oxford United forward Chris Maguire eager to keep Sheffield United quiet
- MICHAEL APPLETON COLUMN: It is crucial we start well to silence the home support
- MOTORSPORT: Williams duo Bottas and Massa ready for Spa test
- CRICKET: Oxfordshire beat Bedfordshire in final to win Wormsley T20
- FOOTBALL: Oxford United Women's captain Kat Nutman could return at Durham
- CRICKET: Max Smith's super spell speeds Oxford Under 17s to second national title in three years
- ANGLING: Champions Drennan win again thanks to the Hobbs
- Patient Joe Rothwell hoping first Oxford United start left a lasting impression