The Oxford School of Gymnastics enjoyed success at the NDP National Acrobatic Finals, with every member of the team returning home with a medal.
The girls, who compete in the exciting discipline of acrobatic gymnastics, proved that they are among the best in the UK, as every competitor at this demanding event is already a regional champion.
The two-day competition got off to a great start for Oxford with silver medals for Elspeth Jackson, Aysha Hutter and Charlotte Billington, who in their first major competition together just missed out on the gold medal by 9/100ths of a point.
Their success was quickly repeated by Ashley De La Haye and Lucy Kavanagh, who gave a classy performance to win the silver medal in their women’s pairs category.
There was drama on the second day, however, when Laura Stockwell rolled an ankle just before she was due to compete.
Despite this setback, she and her partner Fiona Cox performed two great routines to take a well-deserved bronze medal.
Latest Sport news
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's draw with Charlton Athletic
- Charlton boss Russell Slade unhappy with side over Oxford United equaliser
- MOTOR SPORT: Bradley Smith makes speedy recovery to line up in Japan
- Oxford United 1 (Maguire 67), Charlton Athletic 1 (Jackson pen 54)
- Oxford United v Charlton Athletic - UPDATES
- MICHAEL APPLETON COLUMN: Charlton will be a tough test but we’re ready to challenge
- Grateful Marvin Johnson aiming to repay Oxford United fans with goal against Charlton
- BILLIARDS: Bob Chivers break boosts Fieldside
- WOMEN'S FOOTBALL: Role model Demi Lambourne can inspire youthful Oxford United, says boss Les Taylor
- ICE HOCKEY: Buoyant Oxford City Stars bidding to build on first victory