The Oxford School of Gymnastics enjoyed success at the NDP National Acrobatic Finals, with every member of the team returning home with a medal.
The girls, who compete in the exciting discipline of acrobatic gymnastics, proved that they are among the best in the UK, as every competitor at this demanding event is already a regional champion.
The two-day competition got off to a great start for Oxford with silver medals for Elspeth Jackson, Aysha Hutter and Charlotte Billington, who in their first major competition together just missed out on the gold medal by 9/100ths of a point.
Their success was quickly repeated by Ashley De La Haye and Lucy Kavanagh, who gave a classy performance to win the silver medal in their women’s pairs category.
There was drama on the second day, however, when Laura Stockwell rolled an ankle just before she was due to compete.
Despite this setback, she and her partner Fiona Cox performed two great routines to take a well-deserved bronze medal.
Latest Sport news
- North Leigh eye one more scalp as they face Oxford United in Oxfordshire Senior Cup
- Oxford City Stars request plan from EIHA to deal with potential league restructure
- WOMEN'S FOOTBALL: Oxford United young keeper Lucy Brown praised after defeat
- RUGBY UNION: Bicester triumph after late rally, Gosford All Blacks win but Wallingford are beaten
- GOLF: Burford go top of Oxfordshire Foursomes League
- RUGBY UNION: Wheatley, Didcot and Abingdon finish BB&O campaign with victories
- The derby games are great but it's not my problem, says Michael Appleton on Swindon Town's relegation
- Oxford United fans' chat
- Quickfire Oxford United striker Conor McAleny delighted at Millwall victory
- Oxford United midfielder Josh Ruffels revels in week to remember