The Oxford School of Gymnastics enjoyed success at the NDP National Acrobatic Finals, with every member of the team returning home with a medal.
The girls, who compete in the exciting discipline of acrobatic gymnastics, proved that they are among the best in the UK, as every competitor at this demanding event is already a regional champion.
The two-day competition got off to a great start for Oxford with silver medals for Elspeth Jackson, Aysha Hutter and Charlotte Billington, who in their first major competition together just missed out on the gold medal by 9/100ths of a point.
Their success was quickly repeated by Ashley De La Haye and Lucy Kavanagh, who gave a classy performance to win the silver medal in their women’s pairs category.
There was drama on the second day, however, when Laura Stockwell rolled an ankle just before she was due to compete.
Despite this setback, she and her partner Fiona Cox performed two great routines to take a well-deserved bronze medal.
Latest Sport news
- World Cup warm-up games come second to Oxford United's play-off push - Ryan Ledson
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's win at Charlton Athletic
- Conor McAleny delighted to get off mark by firing Oxford United to win at Charlton Athletic
- Oxford United selected for live television coverage
- Long-serving Oxford United coach Richard Blackmore steps down
- Michael Appleton: It would have been a risk not to freshen up Oxford United for trip to Charlton
- Charlton Athletic 0, Oxford United 1 (McAleny 11)
- RUGBY UNION: Witney earn win despite Callum Godfrey dismissal
- FOOTBALL: David Murphy and Max Palmer smash hat-tricks for Berinsfield
- FOOTBALL: Hanborough book Fred Ford Cup final spot in style with rousing victory over Carterton Town A