The Oxford School of Gymnastics enjoyed success at the NDP National Acrobatic Finals, with every member of the team returning home with a medal.
The girls, who compete in the exciting discipline of acrobatic gymnastics, proved that they are among the best in the UK, as every competitor at this demanding event is already a regional champion.
The two-day competition got off to a great start for Oxford with silver medals for Elspeth Jackson, Aysha Hutter and Charlotte Billington, who in their first major competition together just missed out on the gold medal by 9/100ths of a point.
Their success was quickly repeated by Ashley De La Haye and Lucy Kavanagh, who gave a classy performance to win the silver medal in their women’s pairs category.
There was drama on the second day, however, when Laura Stockwell rolled an ankle just before she was due to compete.
Despite this setback, she and her partner Fiona Cox performed two great routines to take a well-deserved bronze medal.
Latest Sport news
- UPDATE: Oxford United fans in a hurry to snap-up season tickets
- Callum O'Dowda an unused substitute in Republic of Ireland's draw with the Netherlands
- CRICKET: Shipton-under-Wychwood skipper Charlie Brain eyeing derby joy at Horspath
- CRICKET: Banbury skipper Lloyd Sabin excited to take on Division 1 champions High Wycombe
- CRICKET: Oxfordshire Over 50s B get off to flying start in County Championship
- Tennis fever sweeps Oxfordshire as Davis Cup comes to Abingdon
- Striker George Jeacock signs professional contract with Oxford United
- Oxford United supporters' group OxVox say season ticket rise is 'expected and accepted' by most fans
- Oxford United: Season ticket price increase necessary to compete in League One
- ICE HOCKEY: Highly-rated Ben Nethersell on board with Oxford City Stars as duo re-sign