The Oxford School of Gymnastics enjoyed success at the NDP National Acrobatic Finals, with every member of the team returning home with a medal.
The girls, who compete in the exciting discipline of acrobatic gymnastics, proved that they are among the best in the UK, as every competitor at this demanding event is already a regional champion.
The two-day competition got off to a great start for Oxford with silver medals for Elspeth Jackson, Aysha Hutter and Charlotte Billington, who in their first major competition together just missed out on the gold medal by 9/100ths of a point.
Their success was quickly repeated by Ashley De La Haye and Lucy Kavanagh, who gave a classy performance to win the silver medal in their women’s pairs category.
There was drama on the second day, however, when Laura Stockwell rolled an ankle just before she was due to compete.
Despite this setback, she and her partner Fiona Cox performed two great routines to take a well-deserved bronze medal.
Latest Sport news
- James Roberts nets in Oxford United's pre-season draw at Bath
- Michael Appleton hopeful of sealing deals for attacking players next week
- ROWING: Constantine Louloudis eyes chance to extend GB's golden record at Rio Olympics
- FOOTBALL: Les Taylor backs Oxford United Women to learn from errors ahead of Everton clash
- BOXING: Bicester star Adi Burden impresses on professional debut with knockout victory
- CRICKET: Ian Caunce's century inspires Oxfordshire Over 60s to victory
- MOTORSPORT: Williams driver Valtteri Bottas looking forward to Finnish invasion at Hungarian Grand Prix
- CRICKET: Oxfordshire Under 14s edged out in thriller
- SWIMMING: City of Oxford clean up at three-day gala
- ICE SKATING: Oxford skaters waltz off with medals at national championships