HORSPATH Hammers were comfortable 97-83 winners at home to Exeter Aces in the South and South Wales League.
Hammers took charge from the start with a 7-3 win from Lee Clarke and Mark Boaler.
Heat three also saw the same advantage for the hosts through Jordan Richardson and Andy Johnson.
Exeter managed to grab an all important 6-4 in heat six where Craig Nethercott led from the front.
But Hammers bagged a further two 7-3s to make their half-time lead 52-38.
A 7-3 from Horspath’s Wayne Hutt and Boaler in heat 15 sealed victory.
Horspath 97 (M Boaler 18+2, L Clarke 14, W Hutt 14, Z Payne 13+3, A Johnson 13+1, J Richardson 13, G Horsley 9+1, H Todd 3).
Exeter 83 (C Nethercott 18, D Murphy 18, A Herbert 17, W Tidball 11, R. Croal 10+1, D Winchester 5, S Riddle 6, J Herbert 3).
IT WAS a different story in the combination match where the more experienced Exeter side triumphed 83-37.
Exeter’s only mistake happened in heat nine when Jack Currell overtook Henry Atkins with tremendous style.
Horspath 37 (H Todd 8, J Currell 7, E Garth 7, J Ramshaw 6, O Johnson 4, J Allman 2, N Loveridge 2).
Exeter 83 (C Tucker 14, C Herbert 14, L Hookway 14, T Croal 14, O Tidball 14, H Atkins 13).
HORSPATH are offering the chance to try cycle speedway on Wednesday nights (6) at their base in the village next to the cricket club.
Latest Sport news
- Christian Ribeiro: Oxford United's displays against Exeter City convinced me to sign
- GOLF: Lucie Feaver is primed to take on world’s best at Junior World Championships
- WOMEN'S FOOTBALL: Oxford United lose to Bristol City but Laura Rafferty bids to make most of loan chance
- FOOTBALL: Danny Nicholls steps up to become Oxford City's joint manager
- MOTORSPORT: Sean Walkinshaw frustrated by puncture at Paul Ricard
- FOOTBALL: Abingdon Town quit the North Berks League
- DARTS: Pairs keep Democrats on track
- DARTS: Blackbird Leys Warriors recognised for Super League triumph
- Sam Slocombe and Max Crocombe told they can leave Oxford United
- ATHLETICS: Lawrence Clarke and Nathan Douglas selected for European Championships