HORSPATH Hammers were comfortable 97-83 winners at home to Exeter Aces in the South and South Wales League.
Hammers took charge from the start with a 7-3 win from Lee Clarke and Mark Boaler.
Heat three also saw the same advantage for the hosts through Jordan Richardson and Andy Johnson.
Exeter managed to grab an all important 6-4 in heat six where Craig Nethercott led from the front.
But Hammers bagged a further two 7-3s to make their half-time lead 52-38.
A 7-3 from Horspath’s Wayne Hutt and Boaler in heat 15 sealed victory.
Horspath 97 (M Boaler 18+2, L Clarke 14, W Hutt 14, Z Payne 13+3, A Johnson 13+1, J Richardson 13, G Horsley 9+1, H Todd 3).
Exeter 83 (C Nethercott 18, D Murphy 18, A Herbert 17, W Tidball 11, R. Croal 10+1, D Winchester 5, S Riddle 6, J Herbert 3).
IT WAS a different story in the combination match where the more experienced Exeter side triumphed 83-37.
Exeter’s only mistake happened in heat nine when Jack Currell overtook Henry Atkins with tremendous style.
Horspath 37 (H Todd 8, J Currell 7, E Garth 7, J Ramshaw 6, O Johnson 4, J Allman 2, N Loveridge 2).
Exeter 83 (C Tucker 14, C Herbert 14, L Hookway 14, T Croal 14, O Tidball 14, H Atkins 13).
HORSPATH are offering the chance to try cycle speedway on Wednesday nights (6) at their base in the village next to the cricket club.
Latest Sport news
- Kemar Roofe back in training with Oxford United to test ankle injury ahead of season finale
- David Rush backs Oxford United to hold nerve and replicate class of '96
- Mike Ford urges Oxford United not to hand any incentive to rivals
- BAR BILLIARDS: Marlborough Club land Oxford League Section 2 title
- BOWLS: Holders Headington cruise into Oxfordshire League Cup quarter-finals
- GOLF: Eddie Pepperell hits the road in Morocco
- WEIGHLIFTING: Oxpower trio lift medals
- GYMNASTICS: Woodstock youngsters win gold in UK regional competition
- NETBALL:Didcot's Helen Grindey is honoured
- ATHLETICS: Les Newell claims victory as Oxford City dominate Mota-vation Series opener