SHIPTON-UNDER-WYCHWOOD and Freeland remain neck and neck at the top of the Oxfordshire Midweek Women’s League after both recorded wins.
Shipton overcame Banbury after posting 97-9 from their 20 overs, with Emily Day unbeaten on 25 and Lara Connolly making 21.
Chloe Whinmill (3-8) shone for Banbury, whose reply never got off the ground as Holly Gorton made quick inroads into the top order.
They closed on 67-8, Gorton finishing with 3-21.
At Moreton, Freeland rattled up an impressive 129-3 with Suzy Halsey and Rhian Todd both 27 not out and Robyn Coburn making 21.
Sophie Quainton took 3-17 for Moreton, who made a flying start to their reply, led by Lucy Marsh (27).
But Carla Wood’s pace put the brakes on the innings and they eventually fell to 66 all out.
Shipton-under-Wychwood 97-9 (C Whinmill 3–8), Banbury 67-8 (H Gorton 3 – 21).
Freeland 129-3 (S Quainton 3-17), Moreton 66.
Latest Sport news
- Chris Maguire loving life at Oxford United – but it's 'too early' for contract talks
- Rob Hall eyes final fitness milestone in Oxford United's clash with Oldham Athletic
- Young Oxford United squad need me to be an assertive leader – Michael Appleton
- Oldham Athletic skipper calls for FA Cup response at Oxford United
- BOXING: Ex-world champion Steve Collins sees Oxford fighters star
- FOOTBALL: John Brough bidding to make more history for North Leigh in Trophy
- FOOTBALL: Banbury United boosted as Conor McDonagh turns down move to rivals
- FOOTBALL: Mike Fondop returns to give Oxford City a big lift
- RUGBY UNION: Chinnor sign London Welsh hooker Koree Britton to boost title hopes
- Oxford United boss Michael Appleton wishes departing loanee Dan Crowley well ahead of Dutch move from Arsenal