SHIPTON-UNDER-WYCHWOOD and Freeland remain neck and neck at the top of the Oxfordshire Midweek Women’s League after both recorded wins.
Shipton overcame Banbury after posting 97-9 from their 20 overs, with Emily Day unbeaten on 25 and Lara Connolly making 21.
Chloe Whinmill (3-8) shone for Banbury, whose reply never got off the ground as Holly Gorton made quick inroads into the top order.
They closed on 67-8, Gorton finishing with 3-21.
At Moreton, Freeland rattled up an impressive 129-3 with Suzy Halsey and Rhian Todd both 27 not out and Robyn Coburn making 21.
Sophie Quainton took 3-17 for Moreton, who made a flying start to their reply, led by Lucy Marsh (27).
But Carla Wood’s pace put the brakes on the innings and they eventually fell to 66 all out.
Shipton-under-Wychwood 97-9 (C Whinmill 3–8), Banbury 67-8 (H Gorton 3 – 21).
Freeland 129-3 (S Quainton 3-17), Moreton 66.
Latest Sport news
- 900 remaining tickets for Oxford United's FA Cup clash against Newcastle United go on general sale
- Christian Ribeiro set for Oxford United return in friendly with Vancouver Whitecaps
- Oxford United 'out-punched' by another League One side for loan target
- Oxford United announce new dates for Sheffield United and Bolton Wanderers games
- Newcastle United win FA Cup replay to set up fourth round trip to Oxford United
- CRICKET: New Oxfordshire captain Jonny Cater aiming to nurture county's emerging talent
- AUNT SALLY: Mick Phipps leads Black Prince to victory
- GOLF: Eddie Pepperell faces Abu Dhabi test
- ICE HOCKEY: Oxford City Stars suffer heaviest defeat the day after ending long losing run
- BAR BILLIARDS: West Oxford Democrats turn it around to reach KO Cup semi-finals