SHIPTON-UNDER-WYCHWOOD and Freeland remain neck and neck at the top of the Oxfordshire Midweek Women’s League after both recorded wins.
Shipton overcame Banbury after posting 97-9 from their 20 overs, with Emily Day unbeaten on 25 and Lara Connolly making 21.
Chloe Whinmill (3-8) shone for Banbury, whose reply never got off the ground as Holly Gorton made quick inroads into the top order.
They closed on 67-8, Gorton finishing with 3-21.
At Moreton, Freeland rattled up an impressive 129-3 with Suzy Halsey and Rhian Todd both 27 not out and Robyn Coburn making 21.
Sophie Quainton took 3-17 for Moreton, who made a flying start to their reply, led by Lucy Marsh (27).
But Carla Wood’s pace put the brakes on the innings and they eventually fell to 66 all out.
Shipton-under-Wychwood 97-9 (C Whinmill 3–8), Banbury 67-8 (H Gorton 3 – 21).
Freeland 129-3 (S Quainton 3-17), Moreton 66.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United will not blow salary structure for summer signings, says boss Michael Appleton
- Oxford United's Kemar Roofe is front-runner in PFA poll for League Two player of the season
- Callum O'Dowda hoping to live up to Republic of Ireland boss Martin O'Neill's high praise
- FOOTBALL: Leaving North Leigh was not a decision I took lightly - manager Mark Gee
- WOMEN'S FOOTBALL: Captain Kat Nutman leads by example as Oxford United beat Watford
- RUGBY LEAGUE: Oxford RL suffer ninth-straight loss in Doncaster defeat
- FOOTBALL: Lewis Gabbidon lands double honour at Kidlington presentation night
- GOLF: Superb Adam Wootton wins CK Group PGA Kent Open Championship
- DARTS: Pairs whitewash seals it for Challow British Legion
- Johnny Mullins the high-profile departure as Oxford United announce retained list