SHIPTON-UNDER-WYCHWOOD and Freeland remain neck and neck at the top of the Oxfordshire Midweek Women’s League after both recorded wins.
Shipton overcame Banbury after posting 97-9 from their 20 overs, with Emily Day unbeaten on 25 and Lara Connolly making 21.
Chloe Whinmill (3-8) shone for Banbury, whose reply never got off the ground as Holly Gorton made quick inroads into the top order.
They closed on 67-8, Gorton finishing with 3-21.
At Moreton, Freeland rattled up an impressive 129-3 with Suzy Halsey and Rhian Todd both 27 not out and Robyn Coburn making 21.
Sophie Quainton took 3-17 for Moreton, who made a flying start to their reply, led by Lucy Marsh (27).
But Carla Wood’s pace put the brakes on the innings and they eventually fell to 66 all out.
Shipton-under-Wychwood 97-9 (C Whinmill 3–8), Banbury 67-8 (H Gorton 3 – 21).
Freeland 129-3 (S Quainton 3-17), Moreton 66.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United eye loan market for winger after permanent move for top target stalls
- FOOTBALL: Stuttering Oxford City beaten by ten-man Gosport Borough
- WOMEN'S FOOTBALL: Ella Franklin-Fraiture strike in vain as Oxford United fall to Durham defeat
- FOOTBALL: Superb North Leigh beat Swindon Supermarine to make four wins in a row
- DARTS: West Oxford Democrats Club survive scare to stay top of Section 2
- GOLF: Latest results from across Oxfordshire
- Jake Wright: It was a strange feeling facing Oxford United
- Oxford United fans' chat
- We let them off the hook, says Michael Appleton after Oxford United defeat
- Kane Hemmings hoping to have reason to celebrate next time he scores