SHIPTON-UNDER-WYCHWOOD and Freeland remain neck and neck at the top of the Oxfordshire Midweek Women’s League after both recorded wins.
Shipton overcame Banbury after posting 97-9 from their 20 overs, with Emily Day unbeaten on 25 and Lara Connolly making 21.
Chloe Whinmill (3-8) shone for Banbury, whose reply never got off the ground as Holly Gorton made quick inroads into the top order.
They closed on 67-8, Gorton finishing with 3-21.
At Moreton, Freeland rattled up an impressive 129-3 with Suzy Halsey and Rhian Todd both 27 not out and Robyn Coburn making 21.
Sophie Quainton took 3-17 for Moreton, who made a flying start to their reply, led by Lucy Marsh (27).
But Carla Wood’s pace put the brakes on the innings and they eventually fell to 66 all out.
Shipton-under-Wychwood 97-9 (C Whinmill 3–8), Banbury 67-8 (H Gorton 3 – 21).
Freeland 129-3 (S Quainton 3-17), Moreton 66.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United boss Michael Appleton jealous of Northampton Town pitch
- Chey Dunkley points to Oxford United's never-say-die spirit as key factor in battling on two fronts
- MICHAEL APPLETON COLUMN: Back on the road and ready for another Cobblers clash
- ICE HOCKEY: Simon Anderson eyes final as Oxford City Stars begin play-off bid
- TABLE TENNIS: Karl Bushell wins Hewitt Cup for 11th time
- BOXING: Berinsfield earn clean sweep in Devon
- MOTORSPORT: Oxford's Andy Wallace nominated for Motor Sport Hall of Fame
- SWIMMING: Ayanna Fulga stars as City of Oxford impress in Cardiff
- ON CUE: Q Zone A crowned Gentworks Oxford & District Snooker League Premier Division champions
- GYMNASTICS: Alica Takanami-Baker and Rosie Greer star for Abingdon