HARRY Whitehead’s unbeaten 136 helped Vale Under 15s beat South by 75 runs in their rearranged Oxfordshire District Festival clash at Kingston Bagpuize.
The King Alfred’s Academy, Wantage and Challow & Childrey player led Vale to 244-7 in 40 overs, with South’s reply closing on 169-4.
Scores: Vale Under 15 244-7 (40 ovs, H Whitehead 136no, H Gillett 27, J Webster 20, L Desai 3-50), South 169-4 (40 ovs, C Warwick 57no, M Palmer 38, T Symons 28, H Gillett 2-28).
Latest Sport news
- OxVox lift lid on stadium bid but talks will remain on hold until Sartori interest in U's concludes
- POINT-TO-POINT: Will Biddick does not expect home advantage to help Great Britain in Anglo-Irish challenge at Kingston Blount
- Oxford United give Conor McAleny deadline on contract offer
- AMERICAN FOOTBALL: Fightback comes too late to save Oxford Saints against Brighton
- RUGBY UNION: Keble celebrate Oxford University Men's Cup triumph
- ATHLETICS: Oxford City's veterans set the pace to clinch national road relays gold
- BOWLS: Champions Carterton are run close by Banbury Central
- BAR BILLIARDS: Vikings A exact revenge to reach KO final
- RUGBY UNION: Banbury set up girls side for the first time
- BOWLS: Orren Benfield and David Leighfield land Oxfordshire Under 25 pairs title