HARRY Whitehead’s unbeaten 136 helped Vale Under 15s beat South by 75 runs in their rearranged Oxfordshire District Festival clash at Kingston Bagpuize.
The King Alfred’s Academy, Wantage and Challow & Childrey player led Vale to 244-7 in 40 overs, with South’s reply closing on 169-4.
Scores: Vale Under 15 244-7 (40 ovs, H Whitehead 136no, H Gillett 27, J Webster 20, L Desai 3-50), South 169-4 (40 ovs, C Warwick 57no, M Palmer 38, T Symons 28, H Gillett 2-28).
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United boss Michael Appleton jealous of Northampton Town pitch
- Chey Dunkley points to Oxford United's never-say-die spirit as key factor in battling on two fronts
- MICHAEL APPLETON COLUMN: Back on the road and ready for another Cobblers clash
- ICE HOCKEY: Simon Anderson eyes final as Oxford City Stars begin play-off bid
- TABLE TENNIS: Karl Bushell wins Hewitt Cup for 11th time
- BOXING: Berinsfield earn clean sweep in Devon
- MOTORSPORT: Oxford's Andy Wallace nominated for Motor Sport Hall of Fame
- SWIMMING: Ayanna Fulga stars as City of Oxford impress in Cardiff
- ON CUE: Q Zone A crowned Gentworks Oxford & District Snooker League Premier Division champions
- GYMNASTICS: Alica Takanami-Baker and Rosie Greer star for Abingdon