Adam Wootton and Tom Fleming made the cut at Frilford Heath last night to take part in today’s final round of the Buildbase Open.
Wootton carded a five-under par second round of 67 to rocket up the leaderboard and comfortably make it inside the top 50, who will contest the closing 18 holes on the Blue Course.
The Oxford Golf Centre professional climbed into a share of 17th position, alongside Frilford’s Fleming, who carded a second successive 70.
With £10,000 going to the winner, both will be hoping for a strong finish to close the gap on leader James Robinson, who starts at 11-under par.
Frilford’s Robert Harrhy missed the cut.
Latest Sport news
- VIDEO: Watch goals from new Oxford United striker Wes Thomas
- Oxford United sign striker Wes Thomas and defender Aaron Martin
- Oxford United's new faces help take squad to higher level, says Michael Appleton
- ATHLETICS: Nathan Douglas upbeat heading into make-or-break Olympic trials
- ANGLING: Littlemore ease into Supercup semi-finals
- BOXING: Darius Skop dominates in win over rival Jody Meikle
- CRICKET: Oxfordshire Over 60s in last-over victory
- CRICKET: Dylan Driscoll stars in Oxfordshire Under 10s victory
- MOTORSPORT: Nathan Harrison recovers from penalty to move top of the standings
- LACROSSE: Oxford City to hold taster session for all abilities