Adam Wootton and Tom Fleming made the cut at Frilford Heath last night to take part in today’s final round of the Buildbase Open.
Wootton carded a five-under par second round of 67 to rocket up the leaderboard and comfortably make it inside the top 50, who will contest the closing 18 holes on the Blue Course.
The Oxford Golf Centre professional climbed into a share of 17th position, alongside Frilford’s Fleming, who carded a second successive 70.
With £10,000 going to the winner, both will be hoping for a strong finish to close the gap on leader James Robinson, who starts at 11-under par.
Frilford’s Robert Harrhy missed the cut.
Latest Sport news
- Striker Wes Thomas’s calf injuries proving a mystery for Oxford United
- FOOTBALL: Justin Merritt backs Oxford City to deliver without suspended captain Scott Davies
- RUGBY UNION: Oxford Harlequins and Banbury ready to lock horns in South West 1 East
- FOOTBALL: Wantage Town eye good end to tough week ahead of FA Trophy tie at Weymouth
- FOOTBALL: George McEachran features for England in European Under 17 Championship qualifiers
- ROWING: Wallingford's Ellie Piggott and Brianna Stubbs hold on to national title
- Oxford United knocked out of FA Youth Cup by Bristol Rovers in first round
- Christian Ribeiro upbeat on painful path to long-awaited Oxford United debut
- RUGBY UNION: Sorry Bulls trampled by high-fliers
- BAR BILLIARDS: Vikings A and B teams go through to next round