Adam Wootton and Tom Fleming made the cut at Frilford Heath last night to take part in today’s final round of the Buildbase Open.
Wootton carded a five-under par second round of 67 to rocket up the leaderboard and comfortably make it inside the top 50, who will contest the closing 18 holes on the Blue Course.
The Oxford Golf Centre professional climbed into a share of 17th position, alongside Frilford’s Fleming, who carded a second successive 70.
With £10,000 going to the winner, both will be hoping for a strong finish to close the gap on leader James Robinson, who starts at 11-under par.
Frilford’s Robert Harrhy missed the cut.
Latest Sport news
- Michael Appleton to hold 'honest conversations' with Oxford United's four goalkeepers
- Oxford United to cover fewer miles in League One next season
- FOOTBALL: New manager John Brough had 'long admired' North Leigh
- FOOTBALL: Manager Enrique Guillen salutes Oxford City Lions after FA Futsal Cup triumph
- FOOTBALL: Banbury United captain Andy Gunn takes top honour at awards night
- FOOTBALL: April England fires Oxford City to Southern Region Women's League Cup title
- FOOTBALL: Clanfield 85 Youth crowned champions
- GOLF: Frilford go top despite falling to reigning champions Burford
- DARTS: Stephen Wilkes's classy finish spurs Peachcroft
- Oxford United's Kemar Roofe and Liam Sercombe named in League Two team of the year