Adam Wootton and Tom Fleming made the cut at Frilford Heath last night to take part in today’s final round of the Buildbase Open.
Wootton carded a five-under par second round of 67 to rocket up the leaderboard and comfortably make it inside the top 50, who will contest the closing 18 holes on the Blue Course.
The Oxford Golf Centre professional climbed into a share of 17th position, alongside Frilford’s Fleming, who carded a second successive 70.
With £10,000 going to the winner, both will be hoping for a strong finish to close the gap on leader James Robinson, who starts at 11-under par.
Frilford’s Robert Harrhy missed the cut.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United eye loan market for winger after permanent move for top target stalls
- Simon Eastwood braced for ‘different’ mood as Oxford United set for low Checkatrade Trophy attendance
- FOOTBALL: Stuttering Oxford City beaten by ten-man Gosport Borough
- WOMEN'S FOOTBALL: Ella Franklin-Fraiture strike in vain as Oxford United fall to Durham defeat
- FOOTBALL: Superb North Leigh beat Swindon Supermarine to make four wins in a row
- DARTS: West Oxford Democrats Club survive scare to stay top of Section 2
- GOLF: Latest results from across Oxfordshire
- Jake Wright: It was a strange feeling facing Oxford United
- Oxford United fans' chat
- We let them off the hook, says Michael Appleton after Oxford United defeat