Adam Wootton and Tom Fleming made the cut at Frilford Heath last night to take part in today’s final round of the Buildbase Open.
Wootton carded a five-under par second round of 67 to rocket up the leaderboard and comfortably make it inside the top 50, who will contest the closing 18 holes on the Blue Course.
The Oxford Golf Centre professional climbed into a share of 17th position, alongside Frilford’s Fleming, who carded a second successive 70.
With £10,000 going to the winner, both will be hoping for a strong finish to close the gap on leader James Robinson, who starts at 11-under par.
Frilford’s Robert Harrhy missed the cut.
Latest Sport news
- Chey Dunkley’s determined to continue rate of progress at Oxford United
- It's not a world I recognise, says Oxford United boss Michael Appleton as football is rocked by corruption charges
- FOOTBALL: Manager John Brough eyes historic FA Cup run to build North Leigh support
- FOOTBALL: Boss Andy Ballard begins four-game ban as Didcot Town face Bishops Cleeve
- RUGBY UNION: In-form Chinnor wary of potential banana skin at Redingensians
- OxVox column: How I got with the programme
- Oxford United hit by Ryan Ledson injury blow
- Oxford United chairman Darryl Eales believes 'B team' decision may change Checkatrade Trophy outlook
- Curtis Nelson pencilled in for Oxford United return next week - if today's session goes well
- BRADLEY SMITH COLUMN: Getting back on track takes sweat and tears