EYNSHAM’S Chloe Elliott dropped just two games when storming to victory in the 10 & under section at the Grade 4 Wimbledon Week tournament at Virgin Active Oxford.
Her seven straight wins against players from across the region culminated in a 4-1 final victory over Gloucestershire’s Chadani Sundaram.
It was a perfect warm-up for Elliott, who is competing at the LTA Grade 2 event in Southampton this weekend.
OXFORDSHIRE’S 12 & under teams are both in AEGON County Cup action this weekend.
The girls travel to Frinton-on-Sea and will face hosts Essex, Middlesex, Berkshire and Buckinghamshire.
The boys will meet the same counties in Ealing.
WOODSTOCK stayed top of Mixed Division 1 in the Oxfordshire Wilson Summer League following a 4-0 home win against North Oxford B.
They are just ahead of Banbury, who beat Virgin Active 3-1 to go level on points at the top, but behind on rubbers.
Witney’s 4-0 win over Banbury B put them top of Mixed two as second placed Wantage were held 2-2 at Abingdon.
OLTA WILSON SUMMER LEAGUE
Mixed Div 1: Banbury 3, Virgin Active 1; Cholsey 3, Thame 1; Woodstock 4, North Oxford B 0.
Mixed Div 2: Wantage 2, Abingdon 2; Witney 4, Banbury B 0; Woodstock B 3, Wantage B 1.
Mixed Div 3: Banbury WE 3, Blewbury 1; Oxford Sports 4, Portcullis 0.
Mixed Div 4: Colston 1, Banbury C 3; Mapledurham 4, Abingdon B 0; Witney B 3, Oxford City B 1.
Mixed Div 5: Benson B 2, Oxford Sports B 2; Banbury D 1½, Abingdon C 2½, Wantage C 2½, Bicester C 1½, North Oxford D 1, Witney C 3.
Latest Sport news
- Christian Ribeiro: Oxford United's displays against Exeter City convinced me to sign
- GOLF: Lucie Feaver is primed to take on world’s best at Junior World Championships
- WOMEN'S FOOTBALL: Oxford United lose to Bristol City but Laura Rafferty bids to make most of loan chance
- FOOTBALL: Danny Nicholls steps up to become Oxford City's joint manager
- MOTORSPORT: Sean Walkinshaw frustrated by puncture at Paul Ricard
- FOOTBALL: Abingdon Town quit the North Berks League
- DARTS: Pairs keep Democrats on track
- DARTS: Blackbird Leys Warriors recognised for Super League triumph
- Sam Slocombe and Max Crocombe told they can leave Oxford United
- ATHLETICS: Lawrence Clarke and Nathan Douglas selected for European Championships