An unbeaten half-century from Olly Clarke helped Banbury beat Abingdon by 13 runs to reach the Oxford-shire final of the ECB Under 15 Club Championship.
In a high-scoring semi-final, Banbury reached 131-3 from their 20 overs thanks to Clarke’s 50 not out and 32 from Will Hawtin.
Abingdon gave it a good chase in reply, but fell just short on 118-3 despite fine innings from Tom Price (39) and Joe Carey (34).
In tonight’s final at Banbury, the hosts will entertain Horspath, who cruised past Oxford Downs by nine wickets.
Downs made 83-9, but Horspath eased to 84-1 in 15.1 overs thanks to Asad Rafiq’s unbeaten 38.
The feature of last week’s quarter-finals was a hat-trick from Banbury’s George Welch in their seven-wicket success over Minster Lovell A.
Welch returned amazing figures of 4-0 as Minster were restricted to 97-7. Tyron Eyles’s unbeaten 50 saw Banbury home in the final over.
Rafiq was in fine form for Horspath, retiring at 55 as they overcame Challow & Childrey by 86 runs.
Challow succumbed for 45, Ryan Hicks taking 3-3.
Abingdon swept past Oxford’s 96-6 thanks to Price’s unbeaten 52.
Downs reached the last four with a 56-run success against Bicester & North Oxford.
Tom Dingwall’s unbeaten 53 took Downs to 135-3, before Joe Booth, with 3-13 in four overs, limited Bicester to 79-4.
Minster Lovell 97-7 (20 ovs, J Mayers 50 ret, G Welch 4-0 inc hat-trick), Banbury 98-3 (19.3 ovs, T Eyles 50 ret).
Oxford Downs 135-3 (20 ovs, T Dingwall 53 ret) Bicester & North Oxford 79-4 (20 ovs, J Booth 3-13).
Horspath 131-3 (20 ovs, A Rafiq 55 ret), Challow & Childrey 45 (R Hicks 3-3).
Oxford 96-6 (20 ovs|), Abingdon 96-1 (17.3 ovs, T Price 52 ret.
Banbury 131-3 (20 ovs, O Clarke 50 ret, W Hawtin 32), Abingdon Vale 118-3 (20 ovs, T Price 39, J Carey 34).
Oxford Downs 83-9 (20 ovs), Horspath 84-1 (15.1 ovs, A Rafiq 38no).
Latest Sport news
- Michael Appleton aiming to convince Conor McAleny that Oxford United is best option for next season
- North Leigh eye one more scalp as they face Oxford United in Oxfordshire Senior Cup
- Oxford City Stars request plan from EIHA to deal with potential league restructure
- DARTS: Oxfordshire's promotion ended by heavy defeat
- CRICKET: Blewbury & Wallingford CC quit Cherwell League
- RUGBY UNION: Chinnor keep National League 2 South play-off dream alive as Henley Hawks also win
- RUGBY UNION: Banbury beat Witney as Oxford Harlequins and Grove lose, but avoid the drop
- WOMEN'S FOOTBALL: Oxford United young keeper Lucy Brown praised after defeat
- RUGBY UNION: Bicester triumph after late rally, Gosford All Blacks win but Wallingford are beaten
- GOLF: Burford go top of Oxfordshire Foursomes League