Tom Fleming was the pick of the local players in action during yesterday morning’s Buildbase Open first round at Frilford Heath.
Playing at his home club, Fleming carded a two-under par 70 to stand a good chance of making the cut at the end of today’s play.
Clubmate Robert Harrhy (72) will also fancy his chances of qualifying for tomorrow’s final round, where the winner will claim a cheque for £10,000.
James Robinson (Southport & Ainsdale) put himself in pole position following a bogey-free round of 63 to get to nine-under.
Adam Wootton shot 73 as he continued a strong week.
The Oxford Golf Centre professional came through Monday’s regional qualifying for The Open.
Wootton, who played at Royal St George’s in 2011, finished on two-under at The Buckinghamshire.
The Headington resident was the only one of 14 Oxfordshire golfers to make it through to final qualifying, held on July 1, where he will target a spot at Hoylake.
- Northampton Town 0, Oxford United 0
- UPDATES - Northampton Town v Oxford United
- Oxford United boss Michael Appleton jealous of Northampton Town pitch
- Chey Dunkley points to Oxford United's never-say-die spirit as key factor in battling on two fronts
- MICHAEL APPLETON COLUMN: Back on the road and ready for another Cobblers clash
- ICE HOCKEY: Simon Anderson eyes final as Oxford City Stars begin play-off bid
- TABLE TENNIS: Karl Bushell wins Hewitt Cup for 11th time
- BOXING: Berinsfield earn clean sweep in Devon
- MOTORSPORT: Oxford's Andy Wallace nominated for Motor Sport Hall of Fame
- SWIMMING: Ayanna Fulga stars as City of Oxford impress in Cardiff