Tom Fleming was the pick of the local players in action during yesterday morning’s Buildbase Open first round at Frilford Heath.
Playing at his home club, Fleming carded a two-under par 70 to stand a good chance of making the cut at the end of today’s play.
Clubmate Robert Harrhy (72) will also fancy his chances of qualifying for tomorrow’s final round, where the winner will claim a cheque for £10,000.
James Robinson (Southport & Ainsdale) put himself in pole position following a bogey-free round of 63 to get to nine-under.
Adam Wootton shot 73 as he continued a strong week.
The Oxford Golf Centre professional came through Monday’s regional qualifying for The Open.
Wootton, who played at Royal St George’s in 2011, finished on two-under at The Buckinghamshire.
The Headington resident was the only one of 14 Oxfordshire golfers to make it through to final qualifying, held on July 1, where he will target a spot at Hoylake.
- Oxford United thought West Brom rising star Tyler Roberts would be out of their league – Fazackerley
- GOLF: Eddie Pepperell slips down the field after second round in Thailand
- ROWING: Zoe de Toledo’s eyeing Olympic gold hunt in Rio
- CRICKET: Abingdon Vale teenager Ben Charlesworth to make Oxfordshire debut against Devon
- CRICKET: Banbury captain Lloyd Sabin delighted with Luke Ryan's form ahead of High Wycombe clash
- CRICKET: Skipper Charlie Brain rallies Shipton-under-Wychwood ahead of Horspath challenge
- ROWING: Duarte bags sculls success
- Highly-rated teenager Tyler Roberts joins Oxford United on loan from West Brom
- Darryl Eales: Fan boycott would hurt Oxford United more than the EFL Trophy
- Oxford United's record-breaking season ticket sales pass 5,000