Tom Fleming was the pick of the local players in action during yesterday morning’s Buildbase Open first round at Frilford Heath.
Playing at his home club, Fleming carded a two-under par 70 to stand a good chance of making the cut at the end of today’s play.
Clubmate Robert Harrhy (72) will also fancy his chances of qualifying for tomorrow’s final round, where the winner will claim a cheque for £10,000.
James Robinson (Southport & Ainsdale) put himself in pole position following a bogey-free round of 63 to get to nine-under.
Adam Wootton shot 73 as he continued a strong week.
The Oxford Golf Centre professional came through Monday’s regional qualifying for The Open.
Wootton, who played at Royal St George’s in 2011, finished on two-under at The Buckinghamshire.
The Headington resident was the only one of 14 Oxfordshire golfers to make it through to final qualifying, held on July 1, where he will target a spot at Hoylake.
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's victory at Rochdale
- Oxford United's win at Rochdale made amends for setbacks at AFC Wimbledon and Port Vale - Michael Appleton
- RUGBY UNION: Conor Kearns elected Oxford University captain
- Rochdale 0, Oxford United 4 (Johnson 18, Hall 29, Taylor 53, Ledson 73)
- UPDATES - Rochdale v Oxford United
- Oxford United handed boost with key Rochdale defender serving suspension
- Marvin Johnson looking for more of the same when Oxford United visit Rochdale
- MICHAEL APPLETON COLUMN: We’re recharged for busy league and cup schedule
- SWIMMING: David Murphy delivers masterclass to set more records at Arena Pro Swim Series
- TABLE TENNIS: Bicester squeeze past Holton in Aubrey Hughes Handicap Shield opener