Tom Fleming was the pick of the local players in action during yesterday morning’s Buildbase Open first round at Frilford Heath.
Playing at his home club, Fleming carded a two-under par 70 to stand a good chance of making the cut at the end of today’s play.
Clubmate Robert Harrhy (72) will also fancy his chances of qualifying for tomorrow’s final round, where the winner will claim a cheque for £10,000.
James Robinson (Southport & Ainsdale) put himself in pole position following a bogey-free round of 63 to get to nine-under.
Adam Wootton shot 73 as he continued a strong week.
The Oxford Golf Centre professional came through Monday’s regional qualifying for The Open.
Wootton, who played at Royal St George’s in 2011, finished on two-under at The Buckinghamshire.
The Headington resident was the only one of 14 Oxfordshire golfers to make it through to final qualifying, held on July 1, where he will target a spot at Hoylake.
- Oxford United boss Michael Appleton hoping to bring in two on deadline day
- FOOTBALL: Martin Wilkinson quits as Kidlington manager
- Oxford United 4 (T Roberts 12, Maguire pen 36, Taylor 68, MacDonald 71), Exeter City 2 (Jay 43, McAlinden 61)
- Oxford United v Exeter City - LIVE
- Oxford United eye loan market for winger after permanent move for top target stalls
- Who was Oxford United's man of the match against Exeter?
- Simon Eastwood braced for ‘different’ mood as Oxford United set for low Checkatrade Trophy attendance
- FOOTBALL: Stuttering Oxford City beaten by ten-man Gosport Borough
- WOMEN'S FOOTBALL: Ella Franklin-Fraiture strike in vain as Oxford United fall to Durham defeat
- FOOTBALL: Superb North Leigh beat Swindon Supermarine to make four wins in a row