Tom Fleming was the pick of the local players in action during yesterday morning’s Buildbase Open first round at Frilford Heath.
Playing at his home club, Fleming carded a two-under par 70 to stand a good chance of making the cut at the end of today’s play.
Clubmate Robert Harrhy (72) will also fancy his chances of qualifying for tomorrow’s final round, where the winner will claim a cheque for £10,000.
James Robinson (Southport & Ainsdale) put himself in pole position following a bogey-free round of 63 to get to nine-under.
Adam Wootton shot 73 as he continued a strong week.
The Oxford Golf Centre professional came through Monday’s regional qualifying for The Open.
Wootton, who played at Royal St George’s in 2011, finished on two-under at The Buckinghamshire.
The Headington resident was the only one of 14 Oxfordshire golfers to make it through to final qualifying, held on July 1, where he will target a spot at Hoylake.
- Oxford United reduce ticket prices for Emirates FA Cup replay
- Oxford United face trip to Championship strugglers if they win FA Cup replay
- Aaron Martin determined low Checkatrade Trophy turn-out is not a distraction for Oxford United
- RUGBY UNION: Chinnor and Henley enjoy victories in National League 2 South
- GOLF: When Supergran met Superman at North Oxford
- DARTS: Democrats upset Kings Arms in ODDA League
- FOOTBALL: North Leigh boss John Brough out to end former club Hereford's long run
- HOCKEY: Jack Biggs hat-trick helps Oxford Hawks rout Banbury in derby clash
- RUGBY UNION: Banbury win, but Oxford Harlequins, Witney and Grove are beaten
- RUGBY UNION: Wheatley and Oxford University Whippets reach Oxfordshire Shield semi-finals