London Welsh head coach Justin Burnell said hooker Koree Britton will add “serious competition” to the squad after announcing his signing yesterday.
The 22-year-old ended last season at Aviva Premiership champions Northampton, having also made 17 top-flight appearances for Gloucester.
The former England Under 20 international, who appeared at the IRB Junior World Championship in 2011 and 2012, becomes Welsh’s 16th signing of the summer.
Burnell said: “Koree will add some serious competition to an already talented group of hookers.
“He brings Premiership experience and has the size and physicality we are looking for in building our squad of forwards.
“He also possesses the attitude and approach which is consistent with the environment that we have strived to build at the club, and we are delighted that he has decided to sign for us.”
Britton’s signing helps cover for the departure of hookers Nathan Morris (Wasps) and Kevin Davis (Ealing).
Meanwhile, the Exiles finished sixth at the inaugural World Club 10s in Singapore.
Welsh lost 28-14 to Samoa Water President 10 in the plate final, having beaten Italy’s Petrarca in the last four.
- Toni Martinez excited by prospect of making Oxford United debut in FA Cup clash with Newcastle United
- Silence from Firoz Kassam as stadium talks continue
- Ryan Taylor: Wembley impossible to ignore for Oxford United in Checkatrade Trophy quarter-final
- DARTS: Oxfordshire close in on promotion race with big win over Gwent
- HOCKEY: Oxford Hawks are held to draw after Kyle Barnes's brace gives them flying start
- FOOTBALL: Ricky Johnson out as Banbury United take on play-off rivals Chesham United
- RUGBY UNION: Chinnor return to the top of National League 2 South as Basil Strang stars in Redingensians win
- RUGBY UNION: Banbury unbeaten run ends in Newbury defeat
- RUGBY UNION: Victory sees Bicester go top of Southern Counties North, but Gosford All Blacks are beaten
- RUGBY UNION: Littlemore and Wheatley claim derby spoils + VIDEO