London Welsh head coach Justin Burnell said hooker Koree Britton will add “serious competition” to the squad after announcing his signing yesterday.
The 22-year-old ended last season at Aviva Premiership champions Northampton, having also made 17 top-flight appearances for Gloucester.
The former England Under 20 international, who appeared at the IRB Junior World Championship in 2011 and 2012, becomes Welsh’s 16th signing of the summer.
Burnell said: “Koree will add some serious competition to an already talented group of hookers.
“He brings Premiership experience and has the size and physicality we are looking for in building our squad of forwards.
“He also possesses the attitude and approach which is consistent with the environment that we have strived to build at the club, and we are delighted that he has decided to sign for us.”
Britton’s signing helps cover for the departure of hookers Nathan Morris (Wasps) and Kevin Davis (Ealing).
Meanwhile, the Exiles finished sixth at the inaugural World Club 10s in Singapore.
Welsh lost 28-14 to Samoa Water President 10 in the plate final, having beaten Italy’s Petrarca in the last four.
- Simon Eastwood scoops two prizes at Oxford United's end of season awards
- Oxford United 2 (Nelson 16, Hall 17), Shrewsbury Town 0
- Oxford United v Shrewsbury Town - UPDATES
- MICHAEL APPLETON COLUMN: It’s our final game but we won’t be in cruise control
- Oxford United unveil new home kit
- Permutations: Nine teams in League One have all to play for in final game today
- CRICKET: Oxfordshire beaten in rain-ruined Trophy clash
- Oxford United in talks to extend contract of skipper John Lundstram beyond next season
- Oxford United out to sign off on a high against Shrewsbury
- BOXING: Jordan Flynn’s offered Olympic trial despite defeat