London Welsh head coach Justin Burnell said hooker Koree Britton will add “serious competition” to the squad after announcing his signing yesterday.
The 22-year-old ended last season at Aviva Premiership champions Northampton, having also made 17 top-flight appearances for Gloucester.
The former England Under 20 international, who appeared at the IRB Junior World Championship in 2011 and 2012, becomes Welsh’s 16th signing of the summer.
Burnell said: “Koree will add some serious competition to an already talented group of hookers.
“He brings Premiership experience and has the size and physicality we are looking for in building our squad of forwards.
“He also possesses the attitude and approach which is consistent with the environment that we have strived to build at the club, and we are delighted that he has decided to sign for us.”
Britton’s signing helps cover for the departure of hookers Nathan Morris (Wasps) and Kevin Davis (Ealing).
Meanwhile, the Exiles finished sixth at the inaugural World Club 10s in Singapore.
Welsh lost 28-14 to Samoa Water President 10 in the plate final, having beaten Italy’s Petrarca in the last four.
- Oxford United sign striker Kane Hemmings from Dundee in six-figure move
- WATCH: Videos of Oxford United's new signing Kane Hemmings scoring for Dundee
- Oxford United set for double signing to boost firepower after friendly defeat by Brighton
- Oxford United's EFL Trophy group opponents include Chelsea and Swindon Town + POLL
- CRICKET: Tom Condon's century keeps up Aston Rowant's Cherwell title challenge
- AUNT SALLY: Darren Cox's super 16 renews Florence Park's title bid
- CRICKET: Rob Owen's super century helps Faringdon bounce back with Charlbury victory
- Oxford United 0, Brighton & Hove Albion 4 (Knockaert 17, Cadman 67, Hemed 76 & 85)
- Updates - Oxford United v Brighton & HA
- Oxford United willing to pay fee to sign goalscorer - Michael Appleton