London Welsh head coach Justin Burnell said hooker Koree Britton will add “serious competition” to the squad after announcing his signing yesterday.
The 22-year-old ended last season at Aviva Premiership champions Northampton, having also made 17 top-flight appearances for Gloucester.
The former England Under 20 international, who appeared at the IRB Junior World Championship in 2011 and 2012, becomes Welsh’s 16th signing of the summer.
Burnell said: “Koree will add some serious competition to an already talented group of hookers.
“He brings Premiership experience and has the size and physicality we are looking for in building our squad of forwards.
“He also possesses the attitude and approach which is consistent with the environment that we have strived to build at the club, and we are delighted that he has decided to sign for us.”
Britton’s signing helps cover for the departure of hookers Nathan Morris (Wasps) and Kevin Davis (Ealing).
Meanwhile, the Exiles finished sixth at the inaugural World Club 10s in Singapore.
Welsh lost 28-14 to Samoa Water President 10 in the plate final, having beaten Italy’s Petrarca in the last four.
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's victory at Chesterfield
- Chesterfield 0, Oxford United 4 (Hall 17, McAleny 35, 60 & 69)
- UPDATES - Chesterfield v Oxford United
- MICHAEL APPLETON COLUMN: It’s a challenging schedule but we’re more than ready
- Rob Hall hoping to boost Oxford United during busy period after much-needed rest
- Oxford United boss Michael Appleton left with selection headache for Chesterfield clash
- BOXING: Sammy Ait-Tales lands victory on professional debut
- TABLE TENNIS: Christine Scaysbrook's first maximum saves depleted Forum C
- SWIMMING: City of Oxford youngsters land two trophies in Cardiff
- ICE HOCKEY: Oxford City Stars aim to bounce back against basement side