MORE than £1,800 was raised for charity at Hinksey Heights Captains’ Day.
It took the total from Jim McCarthy and Barbara Wynn’s year in charge to beyond £4,000 for the Witney-based Young Dementia UK.
The three-ball team event was won by Pete Aslett, John Aslett and Paul Howard with 84 points.
They finished two points ahead of Steve Byrne, Trevor Croad and Adam Croad.
The top three was rounded out by Trevor Paine, Iain McGlade and Lawrence Whitney, who carded 81.
- Latest Sport news
- RUGBY UNION: Oscar Heath racks up the points as Chinnor clinch top-six finish
- RUGBY UNION: Battling Oxfordshire suffer opening day defeat in County Championship Shield
- WOMEN'S FOOTBALL: Ini Umotong's strike lifts Oxford United off the bottom
- RUGBY LEAGUE: Oxford RL fall short against Toulouse Olympique
- DARTS: ODDA summer league all set to begin
- GOLF: Paterson and Averell help Studley Wood extend winning run
- Oxford United to host drinks and barbecue before crunch Wycombe clash
- Oxford United fans' chat
- Chris Maguire hails 'remarkable' away support as Oxford United beat Carlisle
- Oxford United keeper Benji Buchel so thankful to Danny Hylton for goalline clearance