MORE than £1,800 was raised for charity at Hinksey Heights Captains’ Day.
It took the total from Jim McCarthy and Barbara Wynn’s year in charge to beyond £4,000 for the Witney-based Young Dementia UK.
The three-ball team event was won by Pete Aslett, John Aslett and Paul Howard with 84 points.
They finished two points ahead of Steve Byrne, Trevor Croad and Adam Croad.
The top three was rounded out by Trevor Paine, Iain McGlade and Lawrence Whitney, who carded 81.
- Latest Sport news
- Oxford United willing to pay fee to sign goalscorer - Michael Appleton
- FOOTBALL: Oxford United women pay for individual errors as they lose late on to Everton
- MOTORSPORT: Sean Walkinshaw looking forward to competing at Spa
- RUGBY LEAGUE: Oxford RL continue losing sequence away to Coventry Bears
- FOOTBALL: Mark Janes scores twice for Banbury United after signing from Didcot Town
- DARTS: Tributes paid to young Oxon player Ryan Bull after death at 20
- GOLF: Heythrop Park to host Challenge Tour event
- GOLF: Lucie Feaver so hungry for more after taking on world
- Liam Sercombe gets fitness boost but Oxford United await news on Alex MacDonald scan
- Ryan Taylor is fit and raring to go for Oxford United this season