MORE than £1,800 was raised for charity at Hinksey Heights Captains’ Day.
It took the total from Jim McCarthy and Barbara Wynn’s year in charge to beyond £4,000 for the Witney-based Young Dementia UK.
The three-ball team event was won by Pete Aslett, John Aslett and Paul Howard with 84 points.
They finished two points ahead of Steve Byrne, Trevor Croad and Adam Croad.
The top three was rounded out by Trevor Paine, Iain McGlade and Lawrence Whitney, who carded 81.
- Latest Sport news
- Chris Maguire loving life at Oxford United – but it's 'too early' for contract talks
- Rob Hall eyes final fitness milestone in Oxford United's clash with Oldham Athletic
- Young Oxford United squad need me to be an assertive leader – Michael Appleton
- Oldham Athletic skipper calls for FA Cup response at Oxford United
- BOXING: Ex-world champion Steve Collins sees Oxford fighters star
- FOOTBALL: John Brough bidding to make more history for North Leigh in Trophy
- FOOTBALL: Banbury United boosted as Conor McDonagh turns down move to rivals
- FOOTBALL: Mike Fondop returns to give Oxford City a big lift
- RUGBY UNION: Chinnor sign London Welsh hooker Koree Britton to boost title hopes
- Oxford United boss Michael Appleton wishes departing loanee Dan Crowley well ahead of Dutch move from Arsenal