MORE than £1,800 was raised for charity at Hinksey Heights Captains’ Day.
It took the total from Jim McCarthy and Barbara Wynn’s year in charge to beyond £4,000 for the Witney-based Young Dementia UK.
The three-ball team event was won by Pete Aslett, John Aslett and Paul Howard with 84 points.
They finished two points ahead of Steve Byrne, Trevor Croad and Adam Croad.
The top three was rounded out by Trevor Paine, Iain McGlade and Lawrence Whitney, who carded 81.
- Latest Sport news
- BRADLEY SMITH COLUMN: I'm so excited about big challenge ahead of new MotoGP season
- Oxford United boss Michael Appleton backs young guns to reach the top if they keep learning
- BAR BILLIARDS: Berinsfield stun Masons in Oxford League
- MOTOR RACING: Lance Stroll stays calm ahead of his Formula debut in Melbourne
- RUGBY UNION: Round-up of the Oxfordshire Under 14 and 15 finals
- ATHLETICS: Paul Fernandez secures second at Banbury 15
- Oxon Senior Cup semi-final between Oxford United and Banbury United is postponed
- Michael Appleton frustrated as errors undermine Oxford United display
- Darryl Eales expects Oxford United to have increased playing budget next season
- Wallingford Town pipped in semi-final