MORE than £1,800 was raised for charity at Hinksey Heights Captains’ Day.
It took the total from Jim McCarthy and Barbara Wynn’s year in charge to beyond £4,000 for the Witney-based Young Dementia UK.
The three-ball team event was won by Pete Aslett, John Aslett and Paul Howard with 84 points.
They finished two points ahead of Steve Byrne, Trevor Croad and Adam Croad.
The top three was rounded out by Trevor Paine, Iain McGlade and Lawrence Whitney, who carded 81.
- Latest Sport news
- World Cup warm-up games come second to Oxford United's play-off push - Ryan Ledson
- GOLF: Eddie Pepperell’s off to a steady start in South Africa
- Andy Cook appointed new manager of Oxford United women
- BAR BILLIARDS: Donnington Club stretch lead with whitewash win
- MOTORSPORT: Anything’s possible this season, says Renault driver Jolyon Palmer
- ROWING: Former Abingdon School pupil Tom Digby adds to his world record tally
- ICE HOCKEY: Lacklustre Oxford City Stars defeated as Milton Keynes Thunder take quick revenge
- AUNT SALLY: Banbury Cricket Club take Eynsham Winter League title in first season
- RUGBY UNION: Henley Hawks fined for breach of RFU agent rules
- ATHLETICS: Hannah Hale breaks Eynsham club record at Bramley 20