Anupam Sanklecha displayed his all-round talents to help Shipton-under-Wychwood to a 14-run victory at Dinton in Serious Cricket Home Counties Premier League Division 2.
The Indian star played the pivotal role in Shipton’s success with a half-century and four wickets.
Sanklecha hit 58 off 67 balls, with six fours and two sixes, as Shipton made 201-7 off their 58 overs after electing to bat first.
He received solid support from opener Jeremy Kirby (33) and Shaun Cross (32), while Matthew Renshaw (3-60) was Dinton’s most successful bowler.
Sanklecha then got to work with the ball, striking an early blow by removing opener Henry Woodward, while George Seacole trapped Ashley Smith lbw to make it 18-2.
Matthew Renshaw and Alister Gibbins steadied the ship for Dinton.
But the former was crucially run out to spark a collapse which saw Dinton lose five wickets for 22 runs in slumping to 112-7, with Shipton’s stand-in skipper, Shaun Miller (3-68), leading from the front.
Mark Ludlow (35) and Kelvin Burrows (38) kept Dinton’s hopes alive, before Sanklecha (4-30) returned to take the last two wickets as the hosts were bowled out for 187.
The win moves Shipton up four places to fifth.
- Oxford United's fitness concerns ease despite Johnny Mullins knock
- ICE HOCKEY: Trio aiming to hit heights after taking over at Oxford City Stars
- Oxford United will let train take the strain for Carlisle journey
- ATHLETICS: Capital show as Kate Williamson beat British Over 70s marathon record in London
- RUGBY UNION: Alan Hancock hails his Oxford Harlequins players after making Marston Ferry Road a fortress
- AUNT SALLY: In-form Oracle stay in touch with whitewash victory
- RUGBY UNION: Blue Boar enjoy tour of Ireland
- RUGBY UNION: Littlemore to celebrate 40th anniversary
- MARTIAL ARTS: Oxfordshire stars in the medals at European Championships
- RUGBY UNION: Henley Vultures swoop to win Oxfordshire Veterans