Anupam Sanklecha displayed his all-round talents to help Shipton-under-Wychwood to a 14-run victory at Dinton in Serious Cricket Home Counties Premier League Division 2.
The Indian star played the pivotal role in Shipton’s success with a half-century and four wickets.
Sanklecha hit 58 off 67 balls, with six fours and two sixes, as Shipton made 201-7 off their 58 overs after electing to bat first.
He received solid support from opener Jeremy Kirby (33) and Shaun Cross (32), while Matthew Renshaw (3-60) was Dinton’s most successful bowler.
Sanklecha then got to work with the ball, striking an early blow by removing opener Henry Woodward, while George Seacole trapped Ashley Smith lbw to make it 18-2.
Matthew Renshaw and Alister Gibbins steadied the ship for Dinton.
But the former was crucially run out to spark a collapse which saw Dinton lose five wickets for 22 runs in slumping to 112-7, with Shipton’s stand-in skipper, Shaun Miller (3-68), leading from the front.
Mark Ludlow (35) and Kelvin Burrows (38) kept Dinton’s hopes alive, before Sanklecha (4-30) returned to take the last two wickets as the hosts were bowled out for 187.
The win moves Shipton up four places to fifth.
- Oxford United supporters' group OxVox say season ticket rise is 'expected and accepted' by most fans
- Oxford United: Season ticket price increase necessary to compete in League One
- ICE HOCKEY: Highly-rated Ben Nethersell on board with Oxford City Stars as duo re-sign
- GOLF: Steady first round from Eddie Pepperell at Wentworth
- GOLF: Eddie Pepperell looking forward to Wentworth
- BOWLS: Tidball's last shot earns South Oxford thrilling victory
- TENNIS: Alexis Canter upbeat over fitness ahead of junior French Open bid
- AMERICAN FOOTBALL: Oxford Saints too strong for Jurassic Coast Raptors
- ATHLETICS: Emma O'Hara stars as Radley are made to battle in Southern League
- ATHLETICS: Oxford City's Nick Jones wins Wallingford Thames Run 10k