Anupam Sanklecha displayed his all-round talents to help Shipton-under-Wychwood to a 14-run victory at Dinton in Serious Cricket Home Counties Premier League Division 2.
The Indian star played the pivotal role in Shipton’s success with a half-century and four wickets.
Sanklecha hit 58 off 67 balls, with six fours and two sixes, as Shipton made 201-7 off their 58 overs after electing to bat first.
He received solid support from opener Jeremy Kirby (33) and Shaun Cross (32), while Matthew Renshaw (3-60) was Dinton’s most successful bowler.
Sanklecha then got to work with the ball, striking an early blow by removing opener Henry Woodward, while George Seacole trapped Ashley Smith lbw to make it 18-2.
Matthew Renshaw and Alister Gibbins steadied the ship for Dinton.
But the former was crucially run out to spark a collapse which saw Dinton lose five wickets for 22 runs in slumping to 112-7, with Shipton’s stand-in skipper, Shaun Miller (3-68), leading from the front.
Mark Ludlow (35) and Kelvin Burrows (38) kept Dinton’s hopes alive, before Sanklecha (4-30) returned to take the last two wickets as the hosts were bowled out for 187.
The win moves Shipton up four places to fifth.
- Liam Sercombe gets fitness boost but Oxford United await news on Alex MacDonald scan
- Ryan Taylor is fit and raring to go for Oxford United this season
- WEEKEND RESULTS July 23-24
- CRICKET: George Munsey's super spell steers Division 2 leaders Oxford to derby win over Aston Rowant
- CRICKET: Luke Ryan is the hero as Banbury beat Burnham in Division 1
- ATHLETICS: Lawrence Clarke and Nathan Douglas left frustrated at Muller Anniversary Games
- MOTORSPORT: Renault's Jolyon Palmer rues costly spin at Hungarian Grand Prix
- James Roberts nets in Oxford United's pre-season draw at Bath
- Michael Appleton hopeful of sealing deals for attacking players next week
- ROWING: Constantine Louloudis eyes chance to extend GB's golden record at Rio Olympics