Anupam Sanklecha displayed his all-round talents to help Shipton-under-Wychwood to a 14-run victory at Dinton in Serious Cricket Home Counties Premier League Division 2.
The Indian star played the pivotal role in Shipton’s success with a half-century and four wickets.
Sanklecha hit 58 off 67 balls, with six fours and two sixes, as Shipton made 201-7 off their 58 overs after electing to bat first.
He received solid support from opener Jeremy Kirby (33) and Shaun Cross (32), while Matthew Renshaw (3-60) was Dinton’s most successful bowler.
Sanklecha then got to work with the ball, striking an early blow by removing opener Henry Woodward, while George Seacole trapped Ashley Smith lbw to make it 18-2.
Matthew Renshaw and Alister Gibbins steadied the ship for Dinton.
But the former was crucially run out to spark a collapse which saw Dinton lose five wickets for 22 runs in slumping to 112-7, with Shipton’s stand-in skipper, Shaun Miller (3-68), leading from the front.
Mark Ludlow (35) and Kelvin Burrows (38) kept Dinton’s hopes alive, before Sanklecha (4-30) returned to take the last two wickets as the hosts were bowled out for 187.
The win moves Shipton up four places to fifth.
- Sam Slocombe and Max Crocombe told they can leave Oxford United
- ATHLETICS: Lawrence Clarke and Nathan Douglas selected for European Championships
- Details announced for Oxford United's EFL Cup tie at Birmingham City
- CRICKET: Shaun Cross takes four as Shipton cruise into last 16 of Davidstow Village Cup
- ATHLETICS: Clarke books ticket to Rio Olympics and vows best is yet to come
- ATHLETICS: Douglas claims British triple jump title, but yet to seal place to Rio
- WEEKEND RESULTS June 25 & 26
- CRICKET: Samad Fallah takes seven as Oxford rout Gerrards Cross
- ATHLETICS: Ennis delighted to reach 200m final
- VIDEO: Watch goals from new Oxford United striker Wes Thomas