Anupam Sanklecha displayed his all-round talents to help Shipton-under-Wychwood to a 14-run victory at Dinton in Serious Cricket Home Counties Premier League Division 2.
The Indian star played the pivotal role in Shipton’s success with a half-century and four wickets.
Sanklecha hit 58 off 67 balls, with six fours and two sixes, as Shipton made 201-7 off their 58 overs after electing to bat first.
He received solid support from opener Jeremy Kirby (33) and Shaun Cross (32), while Matthew Renshaw (3-60) was Dinton’s most successful bowler.
Sanklecha then got to work with the ball, striking an early blow by removing opener Henry Woodward, while George Seacole trapped Ashley Smith lbw to make it 18-2.
Matthew Renshaw and Alister Gibbins steadied the ship for Dinton.
But the former was crucially run out to spark a collapse which saw Dinton lose five wickets for 22 runs in slumping to 112-7, with Shipton’s stand-in skipper, Shaun Miller (3-68), leading from the front.
Mark Ludlow (35) and Kelvin Burrows (38) kept Dinton’s hopes alive, before Sanklecha (4-30) returned to take the last two wickets as the hosts were bowled out for 187.
The win moves Shipton up four places to fifth.
- KAYAKING: Ava Dale to show off Great Britain vest
- ANGLING: Higgins pips Pether to big title
- UPDATE: Oxford United fans in a hurry to snap-up season tickets
- Callum O'Dowda an unused substitute in Republic of Ireland's draw with the Netherlands
- CRICKET: Shipton-under-Wychwood skipper Charlie Brain eyeing derby joy at Horspath
- CRICKET: Banbury skipper Lloyd Sabin excited to take on Division 1 champions High Wycombe
- CRICKET: Oxfordshire Over 50s B get off to flying start in County Championship
- Tennis fever sweeps Oxfordshire as Davis Cup comes to Abingdon
- Striker George Jeacock signs professional contract with Oxford United
- Oxford United supporters' group OxVox say season ticket rise is 'expected and accepted' by most fans