Great & Little Tew suffered their third successive heavy defeat with a 153-run thrashing at Finchampstead to hit rock bottom in Serious Cricket Home Counties Premier League Division 2.
Following a seven-wicket reverse against leaders Reading and an 87-run loss to Amersham, Tew’s attack were smashed to all parts as the hosts racked up 285-9 from 58 overs after electing to bat.
Opener Dan Lincoln followed in the footsteps of Finchampstead’s Bruce Fried-richs by taking a century off the Tew bowling with 116, while Harry Stephens weighed in with 69.
It was only the efforts of Matthew Clark (4-36), which prevented Tew receiving a bigger battering.
The visitors were then rolled over for 132, losing five wickets for one run at one stage.
Curtly Slatter (42) top-scored and Clark made 34, while Max Uttley (3-22) and Tipene Friday (3-38) were the chief destroyers.
- Oxford United boss Michael Appleton wishes departing loanee Dan Crowley well ahead of Dutch move from Arsenal
- Oxford United make request to West Bromwich Albion for Tyler Roberts loan extension
- VARSITY MATCH: Oxford University fly half Basil Strang gets his kicks by playing at Twickenham
- Oxford United drawn at home to Scunthorpe United in Checkatrade Trophy
- LIVE UPDATES: The Varsity Matches
- VARSITY MATCH: Pressure is still on us, admits Oxford University winger Tom Stileman
- VARSITY MATCH: Catherine Wilcock backing Oxford University Women to step up
- RUGBY UNION: Dark Blues skipper Fergus Taylor out for more Varsity Match joy
- ICE HOCKEY: Oxford City Stars slip to fourth after narrow loss
- BAR BILLIARDS: Pauline Withey leads way as Oracle whitewash opponents