Great & Little Tew suffered their third successive heavy defeat with a 153-run thrashing at Finchampstead to hit rock bottom in Serious Cricket Home Counties Premier League Division 2.
Following a seven-wicket reverse against leaders Reading and an 87-run loss to Amersham, Tew’s attack were smashed to all parts as the hosts racked up 285-9 from 58 overs after electing to bat.
Opener Dan Lincoln followed in the footsteps of Finchampstead’s Bruce Fried-richs by taking a century off the Tew bowling with 116, while Harry Stephens weighed in with 69.
It was only the efforts of Matthew Clark (4-36), which prevented Tew receiving a bigger battering.
The visitors were then rolled over for 132, losing five wickets for one run at one stage.
Curtly Slatter (42) top-scored and Clark made 34, while Max Uttley (3-22) and Tipene Friday (3-38) were the chief destroyers.
- Roger James bags brace as North Leigh beat youthful Oxford United to lift Oxfordshire Senior Cup
- FOOTBALL: Oxford City’s adies ease to cup final win
- FOOTBALL: Arran Gray’s hat-trick clinches North Berks League Division 4 title for Blewbury
- FOOTBALL: Superlative Kidlington make it perfect season in Oxford Mail Under 12 Girls League
- FOOTBALL: Chequers win dramatic Oxford City FA Premier Cup final on penalties
- FOOTBALL: Dan Bott’s brace helps Chipping Norton to finish fourth in Witney & District FA Premier Division
- FOOTBALL: Wayne Blossom shines with double as KEA secure Oxfordshire Junior Shield
- YOUTH FOOTBALL: George Corti’s four-timer is in vain for Botley Boys
- Roger James double sees North Leigh beat Oxford United to lift Oxon Senior Cup
- Michael Appleton aiming to convince Conor McAleny that Oxford United is best option for next season