Banbury were knocked off the top of Division 1 of the Serious Cricket Home Counties Premier League when a disastrous batting collapse led to their five-wicket defeat at Burnham on Saturday.
It was their first loss of the campaign.
After choosing to bat first, the visitors slumped 56-8, and although their last two partnerships doubled the score, it was not enough to stop Burnham, who are the new leaders.
Banbury lost both openers, Lloyd Sabin and Dan Harris, for four, while Nathan Hawkes was out first ball as they slippedto 17-3.
But the real damage was done by Burnham’s Pakistan Twenty20 international all-rounder Awais Zia, who dismissed Ed Phillips, Luke Ryan and Ashley Blanchard all for ducks with his off-spin.
Watching this mayhem from the other end was Craig Haupt, who was eventually ninth out for 41, made off 87 balls.
A late flourish from skipper Jimmy Phillips took the total to 112 all out.
Blanchard gave Banbury hope by dismissing both Burnham openers cheaply.
But Zia, with 46 off 48 balls, and Sulaiman Javed (37no) sped the hosts to an easy victory in the 26th over.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United make request to West Bromwich Albion for Tyler Roberts loan extension
- Dan Crowley set for Dutch trial as Oxford United loan is cut short
- VARSITY MATCH: Catherine Wilcock backing Oxford University Women to step up
- RUGBY UNION: Dark Blues skipper Fergus Taylor out for more Varsity Match joy
- ICE HOCKEY: Oxford City Stars slip to fourth after narrow loss
- BAR BILLIARDS: Pauline Withey leads way as Oracle whitewash opponents
- ROWING: Dominant Oxford Brookes lead the way at Wallingford
- ATHLETICS: Steve Naylor wins second round of Oxford Mail Cross Country League
- ATHLETICS: Ben West claims third in Chiltern Cross Country League
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's penalty shoot-out win at Southend United