Banbury were knocked off the top of Division 1 of the Serious Cricket Home Counties Premier League when a disastrous batting collapse led to their five-wicket defeat at Burnham on Saturday.
It was their first loss of the campaign.
After choosing to bat first, the visitors slumped 56-8, and although their last two partnerships doubled the score, it was not enough to stop Burnham, who are the new leaders.
Banbury lost both openers, Lloyd Sabin and Dan Harris, for four, while Nathan Hawkes was out first ball as they slippedto 17-3.
But the real damage was done by Burnham’s Pakistan Twenty20 international all-rounder Awais Zia, who dismissed Ed Phillips, Luke Ryan and Ashley Blanchard all for ducks with his off-spin.
Watching this mayhem from the other end was Craig Haupt, who was eventually ninth out for 41, made off 87 balls.
A late flourish from skipper Jimmy Phillips took the total to 112 all out.
Blanchard gave Banbury hope by dismissing both Burnham openers cheaply.
But Zia, with 46 off 48 balls, and Sulaiman Javed (37no) sped the hosts to an easy victory in the 26th over.
Latest Sport news
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's win at Charlton Athletic
- Conor McAleny delighted to get off mark by firing Oxford United to win at Charlton Athletic
- Oxford United selected for live television coverage
- Long-serving Oxford United coach Richard Blackmore steps down
- Michael Appleton: It would have been a risk not to freshen up Oxford United for trip to Charlton
- Charlton Athletic 0, Oxford United 1 (McAleny 11)
- RUGBY UNION: Witney earn win despite Callum Godfrey dismissal
- FOOTBALL: David Murphy and Max Palmer smash hat-tricks for Berinsfield
- FOOTBALL: Hanborough book Fred Ford Cup final spot in style with rousing victory over Carterton Town A
- UPDATES - Charlton Athletic v Oxford United