Oxfordshire's Gus Jones and Henry Purdy helped England Under 20s retain their IRB Junior World Championship title in New Zealand yesterday.
The pair were part of the England squad, who edged out South Africa 21-20 at Eden Park, Auckland.
Oxford’s Jones started at openside flanker, while Purdy, from Milton-under-Wychwood, was among the replacements.
Jones, is an Oxford University student and part of the London Wasps academy.
Former Cokethorpe School pupil Purdy, who this week moved from Leicester to Gloucester, was also part of England’s 2013 winning squad.
Latest Sport news
- Josh Ruffels signs new contract at Oxford United
- CRICKET: Ex-Oxfordshire bowler Jack Brooks delighted to agree new deal with Yorkshire
- WOMEN'S FOOTBALL: Debutant Evie Gane earns Oxford United a point
- FOOTBALL: North Leigh, Wantage Town and Didcot Town in action
- RUGBY UNION: Oxford Harlequins climb out of relegation zone with battling victory, while Witney beat local rivals Grove
- RUGBY LEAGUE: Casey Canterbury's hat-trick puts Oxford RL though
- RUGBY UNION: George Jackson’s penalty completes Henley Hawks comeback victory
- RUGBY UNION: Oxford University Greyhounds beat Bicester to reach Oxfordshire Cup final
- RUGBY UNION: Wheatley storm to victory and Littlemore make it fifteen wins in a row
- DARTS: Promotion-chasers Oxfordshire in key battle