Oxfordshire's Gus Jones and Henry Purdy helped England Under 20s retain their IRB Junior World Championship title in New Zealand yesterday.
The pair were part of the England squad, who edged out South Africa 21-20 at Eden Park, Auckland.
Oxford’s Jones started at openside flanker, while Purdy, from Milton-under-Wychwood, was among the replacements.
Jones, is an Oxford University student and part of the London Wasps academy.
Former Cokethorpe School pupil Purdy, who this week moved from Leicester to Gloucester, was also part of England’s 2013 winning squad.
Latest Sport news
- Simon Eastwood bidding to establish himself as Oxford United's No 1
- GOLF: Eddie Pepperell misses the cut in Germany
- Oxford United Women boosted by double loan signing from Chelsea
- CRICKET: Captain Josh Smith calls on Aston Rowant to build on Cookham Dean victory
- CRICKET: Lloyd Sabin delighted at Kurtis Patterson's impact at Banbury
- TENNIS: Alexis Canter hopeful of junior Wimbledon wildcard
- CRICKET: Shipton-under-Wychwood captain Charlie Brain buzzing for Davidstow Village Cup clash
- ROWING: Constantine Louloudis strengthens push for Olympic gold with Poland success
- CRICKET: Oxfordshire captain Luke Ryan remains upbeat despite Shropshire defeat
- Simon Eastwood agrees one-year deal to join Oxford United