Oxfordshire's Gus Jones and Henry Purdy helped England Under 20s retain their IRB Junior World Championship title in New Zealand yesterday.
The pair were part of the England squad, who edged out South Africa 21-20 at Eden Park, Auckland.
Oxford’s Jones started at openside flanker, while Purdy, from Milton-under-Wychwood, was among the replacements.
Jones, is an Oxford University student and part of the London Wasps academy.
Former Cokethorpe School pupil Purdy, who this week moved from Leicester to Gloucester, was also part of England’s 2013 winning squad.
Latest Sport news
- David Rush backs Oxford United to hold nerve and replicate class of '96
- Mike Ford urges Oxford United not to hand any incentive to rivals
- BAR BILLIARDS: Marlborough Club land Oxford League Section 2 title
- BOWLS: Holders Headington cruise into Oxfordshire League Cup quarter-finals
- GOLF: Eddie Pepperell hits the road in Morocco
- WEIGHLIFTING: Oxpower trio lift medals
- GYMNASTICS: Woodstock youngsters win gold in UK regional competition
- NETBALL:Didcot's Helen Grindey is honoured
- ATHLETICS: Les Newell claims victory as Oxford City dominate Mota-vation Series opener
- ATHLETICS: Oxford City's Simon Fisher impresses in Chalgrove 10k victory