Oxfordshire's Gus Jones and Henry Purdy helped England Under 20s retain their IRB Junior World Championship title in New Zealand yesterday.
The pair were part of the England squad, who edged out South Africa 21-20 at Eden Park, Auckland.
Oxford’s Jones started at openside flanker, while Purdy, from Milton-under-Wychwood, was among the replacements.
Jones, is an Oxford University student and part of the London Wasps academy.
Former Cokethorpe School pupil Purdy, who this week moved from Leicester to Gloucester, was also part of England’s 2013 winning squad.
Latest Sport news
- Darryl Eales: Takeover rumours 'unhelpful' to Oxford United's player recruitment
- DARTS: Democrats find it hard in ODDA top-flight opener
- RUGBY UNION: Twickenham news is thrill for Oxfordshire head coach Craig Burrows
- FOOTBALL: Oxford United Women looking towards brighter future after finishing bottom
- RUGBY LEAGUE: Josh Atkinson at the double as Oxford beat South Wales Ironmen
- BOXING: Jordan Flynn ready for 'massive opportunity' in England v Scotland Dual
- MOTORSPORT: Bradley Smith proud of KTM progress in MotoGP
- GOLF: Frilford Heath deal with downpour to deliver EuroPro Tour event
- Oxford United and Oxford City excited over new partnership at Court Place Farm
- MOTORSPORT: Bradley Smith secures 12th place in France