Oxfordshire's Gus Jones and Henry Purdy helped England Under 20s retain their IRB Junior World Championship title in New Zealand yesterday.
The pair were part of the England squad, who edged out South Africa 21-20 at Eden Park, Auckland.
Oxford’s Jones started at openside flanker, while Purdy, from Milton-under-Wychwood, was among the replacements.
Jones, is an Oxford University student and part of the London Wasps academy.
Former Cokethorpe School pupil Purdy, who this week moved from Leicester to Gloucester, was also part of England’s 2013 winning squad.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United thought West Brom rising star Tyler Roberts would be out of their league – Fazackerley
- GOLF: Eddie Pepperell slips down the field after second round in Thailand
- ROWING: Zoe de Toledo’s eyeing Olympic gold hunt in Rio
- CRICKET: Abingdon Vale teenager Ben Charlesworth to make Oxfordshire debut against Devon
- CRICKET: Banbury captain Lloyd Sabin delighted with Luke Ryan's form ahead of High Wycombe clash
- CRICKET: Skipper Charlie Brain rallies Shipton-under-Wychwood ahead of Horspath challenge
- ROWING: Duarte bags sculls success
- Highly-rated teenager Tyler Roberts joins Oxford United on loan from West Brom
- Darryl Eales: Fan boycott would hurt Oxford United more than the EFL Trophy
- Oxford United's record-breaking season ticket sales pass 5,000