Oxfordshire's Gus Jones and Henry Purdy helped England Under 20s retain their IRB Junior World Championship title in New Zealand yesterday.
The pair were part of the England squad, who edged out South Africa 21-20 at Eden Park, Auckland.
Oxford’s Jones started at openside flanker, while Purdy, from Milton-under-Wychwood, was among the replacements.
Jones, is an Oxford University student and part of the London Wasps academy.
Former Cokethorpe School pupil Purdy, who this week moved from Leicester to Gloucester, was also part of England’s 2013 winning squad.
Latest Sport news
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's victory at Chesterfield
- Chesterfield 0, Oxford United 4 (Hall 17, McAleny 35, 60 & 69)
- UPDATES - Chesterfield v Oxford United
- MICHAEL APPLETON COLUMN: It’s a challenging schedule but we’re more than ready
- Rob Hall hoping to boost Oxford United during busy period after much-needed rest
- Oxford United boss Michael Appleton left with selection headache for Chesterfield clash
- BOXING: Sammy Ait-Tales lands victory on professional debut
- TABLE TENNIS: Christine Scaysbrook's first maximum saves depleted Forum C
- SWIMMING: City of Oxford youngsters land two trophies in Cardiff
- ICE HOCKEY: Oxford City Stars aim to bounce back against basement side