Oxfordshire's Gus Jones and Henry Purdy helped England Under 20s retain their IRB Junior World Championship title in New Zealand yesterday.
The pair were part of the England squad, who edged out South Africa 21-20 at Eden Park, Auckland.
Oxford’s Jones started at openside flanker, while Purdy, from Milton-under-Wychwood, was among the replacements.
Jones, is an Oxford University student and part of the London Wasps academy.
Former Cokethorpe School pupil Purdy, who this week moved from Leicester to Gloucester, was also part of England’s 2013 winning squad.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United's FA Cup tie with Merstham to be televised
- Rob Hall in line for Oxford United playing return next week
- GOLF: Stunning round sees Eddie Pepperell in share of second at Portugal Masters
- Joe Skarz has 50/50 chance of Oxford United recall at Port Vale this weekend
- Patient Arsenal loanee Dan Crowley eager for Oxford United chance
- SPORTS AWARDS: Nominate your favourite
- GOLF: Eddie Pepperell starts fight to retain Tour card
- AUNT SALLY: Rampant Rampton lands first Oxford League singles crown
- ICE HOCKEY: Oxford City Stars are second best after mixed double-header
- RUGBY UNION: Oxford University winger Tom Stileman looking forward to Croatia test