Oxfordshire's Gus Jones and Henry Purdy helped England Under 20s retain their IRB Junior World Championship title in New Zealand yesterday.
The pair were part of the England squad, who edged out South Africa 21-20 at Eden Park, Auckland.
Oxford’s Jones started at openside flanker, while Purdy, from Milton-under-Wychwood, was among the replacements.
Jones, is an Oxford University student and part of the London Wasps academy.
Former Cokethorpe School pupil Purdy, who this week moved from Leicester to Gloucester, was also part of England’s 2013 winning squad.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United explore possibility of fourth stand for Wycombe clash
- Oxford United are where we want to be, says Carlisle United manager Keith Curle
- James Roberts eyeing a happy ending with Oxford United after horrible season
- Oxford United boss Michael Appleton hoping for different emotion on return to 'bobbins' Brunton Park
- Liam Sercombe hungry to hit one last goal target for Oxford United this season
- FOOTBALL: We should hold our heads high, says Oxford City general manager Justin Merritt
- Deadline for Oxford United awards voting is today
- RUGBY UNION: Injury-hit Oxfordshire are still strong, says head coach Craig Burrows
- FOOTBALL: Mike Ford wants more of the same as Banbury United prepare for play-off final
- CRICKET: Captain Luke Ryan calls on Oxfordshire to step up for Unicorns Counties Trophy opener