OXFORDSHIRE Under 15s marched on with a 119-run victory against Shropshire at Wem in ECB County Cup Group 2B.
Jonty Robinson led the way with 86 off 79 balls as Oxon reached 254-6.
Opener Will Hawtin added 44 and Asad Rafiq a brisk 33 at the end of the innings.
In reply, Shropshire could not deal with Oxon’s seamers as Rafiq, Tyron Eyles and Jack Tomes claimed two wickets each.
The hosts were bowled out for 135 in 41.3 overs.
HALF centuries from Sammy Lion-Cachet and Jake Taylor could not save Oxfordshire Under 13s from a 21-run defeat to Bedfordshire at Abingdon Vale.
Fayaz Ahmed starred with 107 in Bedfordshire’s 229-6 from 40 overs, with George Williams taking 3-26 and Alex Chapman 2-30 in the friendly clash.
Lion-Cachet (70) and Taylor (51) were the mainstays of Oxon’s reply, which ended on 208 all out as Ahmed took 6-28.
LUKE Charlesworth and Freddie Smith steered Oxfordshire Under 11s to an eight-wicket victory over Bedfordshire in a friendly at Eaton Bray.
Two wickets apiece from Dee Jarvis, Charlesworth and Charlie Ing-Chambers helped restrict the hosts to 131-8 from 40 overs.
Charlesworth (54) and Smith (46no) put on 115 for the first wicket before Oxon powered to 133-2 in the 19th over.
A NEW opening partnership of Alfie Turner and Max Ferreira paid dividends as Oxfordshire Under 10s saw off Gloucestershire by ten wickets at Chadlington in a friendly.
Oxon used 11 bowlers in dismissing the visitors for 88, with Will Price (3-12), Ferreira and Turner (both 2-1) the most successful.
Having impressed with the ball, Ferreira made 49 not out and Turner and unbeaten 24 as Oxon reached 89-0 in the 23rd of 40 available overs.
Latest Sport news
- Michael Appleton confident Oxford United are close to new signing
- RUGBY UNION: Oxfordshire beat Sussex in dramatic Twickenham final
- TWICKENHAM: Captain Allan Purchase honoured to lead Oxfordshire in County Championship Plate final
- TWICKENHAM: Oxfordshire head coach Craig Burrows eyeing glory after heartbreak as a player
- TWICKENHAM: Banbury duo Ed Phillips and Sam Stoop relishing chance to make history for Oxfordshire
- TWICKENHAM: A busy week on and off the pitch for finalists Oxfordshire
- Oxford United young gun Malachi Napa has career immortalised in a comic strip by West Ham
- CRICKET: Ian Caunce stars for Oxfordshire veterans
- MOTORSPORT: Dominic Paul in dominant form for SPY
- TWICKENHAM: Oxfordshire's history at the home of English rugby