OXFORDSHIRE Under 15s marched on with a 119-run victory against Shropshire at Wem in ECB County Cup Group 2B.
Jonty Robinson led the way with 86 off 79 balls as Oxon reached 254-6.
Opener Will Hawtin added 44 and Asad Rafiq a brisk 33 at the end of the innings.
In reply, Shropshire could not deal with Oxon’s seamers as Rafiq, Tyron Eyles and Jack Tomes claimed two wickets each.
The hosts were bowled out for 135 in 41.3 overs.
HALF centuries from Sammy Lion-Cachet and Jake Taylor could not save Oxfordshire Under 13s from a 21-run defeat to Bedfordshire at Abingdon Vale.
Fayaz Ahmed starred with 107 in Bedfordshire’s 229-6 from 40 overs, with George Williams taking 3-26 and Alex Chapman 2-30 in the friendly clash.
Lion-Cachet (70) and Taylor (51) were the mainstays of Oxon’s reply, which ended on 208 all out as Ahmed took 6-28.
LUKE Charlesworth and Freddie Smith steered Oxfordshire Under 11s to an eight-wicket victory over Bedfordshire in a friendly at Eaton Bray.
Two wickets apiece from Dee Jarvis, Charlesworth and Charlie Ing-Chambers helped restrict the hosts to 131-8 from 40 overs.
Charlesworth (54) and Smith (46no) put on 115 for the first wicket before Oxon powered to 133-2 in the 19th over.
A NEW opening partnership of Alfie Turner and Max Ferreira paid dividends as Oxfordshire Under 10s saw off Gloucestershire by ten wickets at Chadlington in a friendly.
Oxon used 11 bowlers in dismissing the visitors for 88, with Will Price (3-12), Ferreira and Turner (both 2-1) the most successful.
Having impressed with the ball, Ferreira made 49 not out and Turner and unbeaten 24 as Oxon reached 89-0 in the 23rd of 40 available overs.
Latest Sport news
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's draw at Macclesfield Town
- Alex MacDonald hails Simon Eastwood for keeping Oxford United in FA Cup
- ANGLING: Carl Eland's second place puts Drennan Oxford closer to Winter League crown
- FUTSAL: Liam Palfreeman’s selection forEngland is dream come true
- SWIMMING: Jemma Lowe Olympian inspires City of Oxford’s youngsters
- TABLE TENNIS: Janet Brown causes Karl Bushell big fright in Oxford League
- SNOOKER & BILLIARDS: Thame A close in on the Oxford League leaders
- BOXING: Mixed results for Berinsfield stars
- ICE HOCKEY: Oxford City Stars looking for quick revenge on leaders
- Macclesfield Town 0, Oxford United 0