Elliot Harvey now leads the Little Green Man X30 Tour standings after recovering from an earlier crash to win round five at Buckmore Park in Kent.
The 12-year-old, from Didcot, won each of the six practice sessions, but he encountered problems in the qualifying heats.
In the first heat, Elliot started from second on the grid and drove away to win by more than three seconds.
However, things began to go wrong after that.
In heat two, he finished seventh after being pushed wide when leading.
The third heat was a disaster as Harvey’s kart was hit on the first lap and he had to retire.
This meant that he had to start fifth on the grid for the final.
But the St Birinus School pupil made a flying start and after overtaking two karts on the same corner, he stormed to victory by three seconds from Alfie Brown.
- Oxford United 5 (Johnson 11, Rothwell 35, McAleny 39, 49 & 90+5), Bury 1 (Vaughan 58)
- Oxford United v Bury - UPDATES
- Phil Edwards: Oxford United must beat Bury tonight or they can forget play-off push
- Michael Appleton urges Oxford United players to seize final chance against Bury to push Wembley claims
- FOOTBALL: Summertown Stars reach FA People’s Cup finals
- RUGBY UNION: Chinnor’s National League 2 South title bid suffers huge blow but Henley Hawks win
- GOLF: Champions Frilford Heath are whitewashed
- HOCKEY: Mixed emotions as Abingdon Pilgrims bow out with a victory before disbanding
- RUGBY UNION: Defeats for Oxford Harlequins, Witney and Banbury, but Grove triumph
- RUGBY UNION: Gosford All Blacks, Bicester and Wallingford all triumph in Southern Counties North