Chipping Norton’s Sean Walkinshaw is aiming to build on his EuroFormula Open points-scoring drive at Portimao when the next round takes place at Jerez in Spain this weekend.
The 20-year-old picked up his first points by taking seventh spot in round three in southern Portugal.
And the Campos Racing driver, who lies 12th in the standings, said: “Portimao was a good step forward, the pace was a big improvement on the first weekend of the season.
“I’m really looking forward to Jerez.
“It’s a great track and if everything goes well during practice I really think we could be on for the best weekend of the season yet.
“With the steps forward we’ve made on the set-up, and the progress I’ve been making with my driving too, I’m feeling very positive.”
- Chris Maguire loving life at Oxford United – but it's 'too early' for contract talks
- Rob Hall eyes final fitness milestone in Oxford United's clash with Oldham Athletic
- Young Oxford United squad need me to be an assertive leader – Michael Appleton
- Oldham Athletic skipper calls for FA Cup response at Oxford United
- BOXING: Ex-world champion Steve Collins sees Oxford fighters star
- FOOTBALL: John Brough bidding to make more history for North Leigh in Trophy
- FOOTBALL: Banbury United boosted as Conor McDonagh turns down move to rivals
- FOOTBALL: Mike Fondop returns to give Oxford City a big lift
- RUGBY UNION: Chinnor sign London Welsh hooker Koree Britton to boost title hopes
- Oxford United boss Michael Appleton wishes departing loanee Dan Crowley well ahead of Dutch move from Arsenal