Chipping Norton’s Sean Walkinshaw is aiming to build on his EuroFormula Open points-scoring drive at Portimao when the next round takes place at Jerez in Spain this weekend.
The 20-year-old picked up his first points by taking seventh spot in round three in southern Portugal.
And the Campos Racing driver, who lies 12th in the standings, said: “Portimao was a good step forward, the pace was a big improvement on the first weekend of the season.
“I’m really looking forward to Jerez.
“It’s a great track and if everything goes well during practice I really think we could be on for the best weekend of the season yet.
“With the steps forward we’ve made on the set-up, and the progress I’ve been making with my driving too, I’m feeling very positive.”
- Michael Appleton confident Oxford United are close to new signing
- RUGBY UNION: Oxfordshire clinch first Twickenham win after dramatic finale
- RESULTS: May 27-28
- CRICKET: Home Counties Premier League reports
- MOTORSPORT: Haas and Williams in the points at Monaco Grand Prix
- RUGBY UNION: Oxfordshire beat Sussex in dramatic Twickenham final
- TWICKENHAM: Captain Allan Purchase honoured to lead Oxfordshire in County Championship Plate final
- TWICKENHAM: Oxfordshire head coach Craig Burrows eyeing glory after heartbreak as a player
- TWICKENHAM: Banbury duo Ed Phillips and Sam Stoop relishing chance to make history for Oxfordshire
- TWICKENHAM: A busy week on and off the pitch for finalists Oxfordshire