Chipping Norton’s Sean Walkinshaw is aiming to build on his EuroFormula Open points-scoring drive at Portimao when the next round takes place at Jerez in Spain this weekend.
The 20-year-old picked up his first points by taking seventh spot in round three in southern Portugal.
And the Campos Racing driver, who lies 12th in the standings, said: “Portimao was a good step forward, the pace was a big improvement on the first weekend of the season.
“I’m really looking forward to Jerez.
“It’s a great track and if everything goes well during practice I really think we could be on for the best weekend of the season yet.
“With the steps forward we’ve made on the set-up, and the progress I’ve been making with my driving too, I’m feeling very positive.”
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's victory at Rochdale
- Oxford United's win at Rochdale made amends for setbacks at AFC Wimbledon and Port Vale - Michael Appleton
- RUGBY UNION: Conor Kearns elected Oxford University captain
- Rochdale 0, Oxford United 4 (Johnson 18, Hall 29, Taylor 53, Ledson 73)
- UPDATES - Rochdale v Oxford United
- Oxford United handed boost with key Rochdale defender serving suspension
- Marvin Johnson looking for more of the same when Oxford United visit Rochdale
- MICHAEL APPLETON COLUMN: We’re recharged for busy league and cup schedule
- SWIMMING: David Murphy delivers masterclass to set more records at Arena Pro Swim Series
- TABLE TENNIS: Bicester squeeze past Holton in Aubrey Hughes Handicap Shield opener