Chipping Norton’s Sean Walkinshaw is aiming to build on his EuroFormula Open points-scoring drive at Portimao when the next round takes place at Jerez in Spain this weekend.
The 20-year-old picked up his first points by taking seventh spot in round three in southern Portugal.
And the Campos Racing driver, who lies 12th in the standings, said: “Portimao was a good step forward, the pace was a big improvement on the first weekend of the season.
“I’m really looking forward to Jerez.
“It’s a great track and if everything goes well during practice I really think we could be on for the best weekend of the season yet.
“With the steps forward we’ve made on the set-up, and the progress I’ve been making with my driving too, I’m feeling very positive.”
- Oxford United explore possibility of fourth stand for Wycombe clash
- Oxford United are where we want to be, says Carlisle United manager Keith Curle
- James Roberts eyeing a happy ending with Oxford United after horrible season
- Oxford United boss Michael Appleton hoping for different emotion on return to 'bobbins' Brunton Park
- Liam Sercombe hungry to hit one last goal target for Oxford United this season
- FOOTBALL: We should hold our heads high, says Oxford City general manager Justin Merritt
- Deadline for Oxford United awards voting is today
- RUGBY UNION: Injury-hit Oxfordshire are still strong, says head coach Craig Burrows
- FOOTBALL: Mike Ford wants more of the same as Banbury United prepare for play-off final
- CRICKET: Captain Luke Ryan calls on Oxfordshire to step up for Unicorns Counties Trophy opener