Chipping Norton’s Sean Walkinshaw is aiming to build on his EuroFormula Open points-scoring drive at Portimao when the next round takes place at Jerez in Spain this weekend.
The 20-year-old picked up his first points by taking seventh spot in round three in southern Portugal.
And the Campos Racing driver, who lies 12th in the standings, said: “Portimao was a good step forward, the pace was a big improvement on the first weekend of the season.
“I’m really looking forward to Jerez.
“It’s a great track and if everything goes well during practice I really think we could be on for the best weekend of the season yet.
“With the steps forward we’ve made on the set-up, and the progress I’ve been making with my driving too, I’m feeling very positive.”
- UPDATE: Oxford United fans in a hurry to snap-up season tickets
- Callum O'Dowda an unused substitute in Republic of Ireland's draw with the Netherlands
- CRICKET: Shipton-under-Wychwood skipper Charlie Brain eyeing derby joy at Horspath
- CRICKET: Banbury skipper Lloyd Sabin excited to take on Division 1 champions High Wycombe
- CRICKET: Oxfordshire Over 50s B get off to flying start in County Championship
- Tennis fever sweeps Oxfordshire as Davis Cup comes to Abingdon
- Striker George Jeacock signs professional contract with Oxford United
- Oxford United supporters' group OxVox say season ticket rise is 'expected and accepted' by most fans
- Oxford United: Season ticket price increase necessary to compete in League One
- ICE HOCKEY: Highly-rated Ben Nethersell on board with Oxford City Stars as duo re-sign