A new coarse fishing river season started on Monday and, for once, conditions were near-perfect after a period of settled weather.
Many clubs begin their matches on local rivers tomorrow, and decent catches of roach and bream should be on the cards.
Results and photographs for inclusion in our regular Saturday column should be emailed to oxfordmail.co.uk/sport by 9pm on the following Monday.
THE website address for the Abingdon & Oxford Anglers Alliance in last Saturday’s column and listed on the Alliance permits is incorrect.
The correct address is www.allianceao.co.uk.
- Oxford United's fitness concerns ease despite Johnny Mullins knock
- ICE HOCKEY: Trio aiming to hit heights after taking over at Oxford City Stars
- Oxford United will let train take the strain for Carlisle journey
- ATHLETICS: Capital show as Kate Williamson beat British Over 70s marathon record in London
- RUGBY UNION: Alan Hancock hails his Oxford Harlequins players after making Marston Ferry Road a fortress
- AUNT SALLY: In-form Oracle stay in touch with whitewash victory
- RUGBY UNION: Blue Boar enjoy tour of Ireland
- RUGBY UNION: Littlemore to celebrate 40th anniversary
- MARTIAL ARTS: Oxfordshire stars in the medals at European Championships
- RUGBY UNION: Henley Vultures swoop to win Oxfordshire Veterans